Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: BENGALS@REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

The NFL, like many sports, is an amazing institution that manages to accomplish something that many ways of spending time doesn't accomplish: A sense of camaraderie. An object that we have extremely little influence over is considered to be a part of us. Many families devote time to enjoying the sport together, being friends with other people who enjoy the same sport and support the same team. It becomes so ingrained that those people consider themselves part of the team. And in a way, they are: Many people have supported their favorite teams longer than the players and coaches have been alive. It truly is a magnificent thing that it can bind so many people together into a single unit, a single team.

So why, in the face of this magnificent social construct, does it hurt your feelings that people refer to their preferred team as "we"?

I never said anything about referring to the Redskins as “we.”  What in the bloody hell are you talking about?  Did you copy & paste this?  I’m a fan of the Redskins.  Always have been.  It hurts that this organization is so dysfunctional.  You can have them!

6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I never said anything about referring to the Redskins as “we.”  What in the bloody hell are you talking about?  Did you copy & paste this?  I’m a fan of the Redskins.  Always have been.  It hurts that this organization is so dysfunctional.  You can have them!

If you aren't saying anything about referring to the redskins as "we", then why did you say this?

5 hours ago, -JB- said:

Dan Snyder is a buffoon.  Very unsolvable problem, especially considering he probably outlives us all.  But as far as defeatism goes, c’mon man.  We can’t try anything, we are just fans!  All we can do is stop showing up to games in a hope that Snyder will eventually sell the team!  

I am genuinely confused now. If it isn't about people saying "we should try to improve special teams", then what is it about?

On 8/17/2019 at 1:59 AM, dyst said:

He looks more like a coordinator than a head coach to me. He may be confident but I don’t have confidence in him and really doubt the players do either.

This makes no sense. How do you know, doubt as you say, of the players? Has any player(s) said anything that makes you have this doubt? 

A coach is also a coordinator, by the way, he needs to coordinate the whole team and not just stand there with a clipboard in his hand and just smile.

Even a 6 times SB winning coach looks like he is pissed on every play with a concern or constipated look. 😉

3 hours ago, zskins said:

This makes no sense. How do you know, doubt as you say, of the players? Has any player(s) said anything that makes you have this doubt? 

A coach is also a coordinator, by the way, he needs to coordinate the whole team and not just stand there with a clipboard in his hand and just smile.

Even a 6 times SB winning coach looks like he is pissed on every play with a concern or constipated look. 😉

Technically, I don’t know. That is why I used the word doubt.  Doubt implies uncertainty, meaning I am not sure. None of us know anything about the team. Our opinions are usually based on hearsay or gut feelings that we then regurgitate on this board.

Levels of confidence varies from player to player and towards coaches versus coaches. Take these same group of players and tell them their new coach starting tomorrow is Bill Belicheck and I would feel certain that to a man each players confidence level in their new coach rises compared to Jay Gruden. 

It’s not just about experience or accolades, though that has a lot to do with it. Its an aura. Some people have it, while others don’t. IMO, Jay does not have an aura where it would trickle down to the guys on the field and if it does, then its one of mediocrity. 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I just think it’s easy to start nit-picking things that have no real relevance to dislike about players or coaches you already dislike.

I do the same with Bruce.  I used to just hate how bad of a GM he is, but I grew to hating the way he looks.

Oh come on, Bruce is a handsome fella. Everytime he smiles his eyes twinkle.

3 hours ago, dyst said:

Technically, I don’t know. That is why I used the word doubt.  Doubt implies uncertainty, meaning I am not sure. None of us know anything about the team. Our opinions are usually based on hearsay or gut feelings that we then regurgitate on this board.

Levels of confidence varies from player to player and towards coaches versus coaches. Take these same group of players and tell them their new coach starting tomorrow is Bill Belicheck and I would feel certain that to a man each players confidence level in their new coach rises compared to Jay Gruden. 

It’s not just about experience or accolades, though that has a lot to do with it. Its an aura. Some people have it, while others don’t. IMO, Jay does not have an aura where it would trickle down to the guys on the field and if it does, then its one of mediocrity. 

You said doubt the players.... Implying the players are getting effected by his demeanor. I wanted to know how you can say this when you don't know how the players really feel of their coach. I personally don't like to assume. 

Kinda of hard to have an aura when you don't have your LT or somewhat of a functional OL to protect your QB. It is hard to figure out who you should really start.

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

Kinda of hard to have an aura when you don't have your LT or somewhat of a functional OL to protect your QB. It is hard to figure out who you should really start.

This regime has been around for 5 years.  I think there’s enough evidence where we don’t have to rely just on the absence of a LT tackle to judge if any coach has “it.”

3 hours ago, dyst said:

Oh come on, Bruce is a handsome fella. Everytime he smiles his eyes twinkle.

That word handsome.  I do not think it means what you think it means....

Archived