Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: BENGALS@REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

What, losing pre season games?..if we start the season out 1-4 I'm still not throwing in the towel on the season

Don't care about W/L in preseason. More about looking sloppy and not executing...every season. It's a trend. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The reasons a lot of folks don’t want to give Jay the benefit of the doubt is because this is year 6 of the same stuff and we’ve seen how the movie ends.

That said, clearly you have to see how the team plays it’s first 4-5 games against tough opponents. 

If they can go 2-3 or better, then ok.  If they go 1-4 or worse, then clearly you are an out-classed organization and it’s time for total regime change.  

After 10 years of Bruce and 6 years of Jay, if you start 1-4, it’s all wrong, from FO to coaching staff, and it’s time for a change.  

And i don't want to hear about the schedule.  3 of the first 5 games are in division.  The bears have rebuilt entirely in 2-3 years. There’s no shame in losing to the patriots.  But there will be shame losing to the eagles and Cowboys back to back to open the season.  That can’t happen. 

UNLESS.

Unless you start Haskins.  Then it’s a development season and the evaluation criteria is somewhat different...

minus Alex Smith and some others, this is the Redskins who were 6-3 under Jay last season. I'm no Gruden lover but I do know the injuries killed our season last year and I think they have more talent than most realize. This defense will be the difference cause we are gonna run the ball a lot and I like the sound of that cause I love me some AP.

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Yall throw in the towel when ever ya want on this team but im here for life..

Friend I am 64 years old and I am in it for life as well. But realism is a choice that I make now days. 

1 minute ago, Skintime said:

Yes, like every season since Gruden became the coach.

It's week 2.....and no team is showing much besides Cleveland and Arizona, two recent cellar dwellars. Jay is just trying to keep these boys healthy, that alone will be a win.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s not the refs.  It’s the idiot Tampa connection ST coach that will be a real problem. 

It is the refs. It's also the Tampa connection.

It's an "AND" problem. It's not one thing. It's all of the above. The refs certainly screwed the Redskins over and over again. Even with a replay opportunity to get it right they screwed the 'skins. That shifts it from bad calls to malicious calls.

I don't care about the final score.

All that matters to me is when the starters were in, and they held the Bengals to zero points and few yards.

Yes the Bengals offense probably isn't all that great, but that means the Redskins starting D did what they should've done and held down a bad offense.

The Redskins offense, however, is a work in progress. Though AP looked good, and Haskins looked better.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

minus Alex Smith and some others, this is the Redskins who were 6-3 under Jay last season. I'm no Gruden lover but I do know the injuries killed our season last year and I think they have more talent than most realize. This defense will be the difference cause we are gonna run the ball a lot and I like the sound of that cause I love me some AP.

Only time will tell.  

That 6-3 was very sketchy.  The three good teams they played blew them out. They were losing when Smith got hurt.  Might they have made the playoffs minus a few key injuries?  Maybe.  I rather doubt it.  But at 6-4, they might have managed to win 2-3 more games.

Remeber, the defense was figured out by mid-season.  And there weren’t many injuries on defense.  They were primarily on offense.  But the defense collapsed the back half of the season.  

Archived