Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: BENGALS@REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

The starting D looked pretty good despite the BS penalties because they have the talent and personalities to demand accountability regardless of the coaches. They are doing it themselves essentially imo. They're the big kids in the class.

I don't think the offense has that and the team as a whole under Gruden has never had it. 

The starting D played well, those bonehead/poor called penalties gave them that first drive, I counted 6 yards of actual offense and they drove 45 yards downfield before the INT.

I wasn't wowed by Sweat, he seemed to get stuck on blocks, he had one good rush where you could see the speed but he ran right by the QB.

Starting O line had decent protection and run blocking.

Sprinkle has not developed at all.

Haskins played well and had some confidence going into the 2nd half but the 1 yard runs and inopportune drops mixed in with poor pass protection killed any confidence he had, no interceptions though.

Keenum is boring.

2 minutes ago, PotomacGator said:

Let’s stop with the whole “Preseason we’re not showing anything” ****. Not true. Our starters are getting clowned.

I saw AP run get loose for 25 yards on his first carry then hit the showers and grab a beer. I also saw the officials ref like people who have never seen a footbal game in their life. Seriously, the NFL needs to take a look at this crew. Brutal.

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I'm not high on the defense yet. They looked good at times last year until they had to face a real offense. Hard to call the Bengals a real offense especially without AJ Green. I don't have faith in our defensive coordinator to be honest. 

Fair enough, but at some point situations have to turn from being annually bad to annually good. 

On defense, I feel we are set up about as good as we can be in that regard. 

I do think our defense will start to struggle again if our offense is totally inept like last year. 

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Man, why was FedEx so empty tonight? Is it just cause it’s august, or is this how it’s going to be all season at FedEx? I’ve been to plenty preseason games and have never seen it as empty as it was tonight. 

There are no cheap flights to and from Cincinnati

Just now, JSSkinz said:

The starting D played well, those bonehead/poor called penalties gave them that first drive, I counted 6 yards of actual offense and they drove 45 yards downfield before the INT.

I wasn't wowed by Sweat, he seemed to get stuck on blocks, he had one good rush where you could see the speed but he ran right by the QB.

Starting O line had decent protection and run blocking.

Sprinkle has not developed at all.

Haskins played well and had some confidence going into the 2nd half but the 1 yard runs and inopportune drops mixed in with poor pass protection killed any confidence he had, no interceptions though.

Keenum is boring.

I saw Sweat draw a holding penalty which was big. He will be great, just wait. 

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I was thinking this might be a 4-12 season because I had no trust in Jay or Manusky. I forget to weigh the ref effect. The Redskins could win negative three games this year.

Hochuli's wife could field a better crew than his son has. Total embarrassment to the league.

Just now, sportjunkie07 said:

Fair enough, but at some point situations have to turn from being annually bad to annually good. 

On defense, I feel we are set up about as good as we can be in that regard. 

I do think our defense will start to struggle again if our offense is totally inept like last year. 

It's been almost 30 years of bad bud. I have a hard time believing anything is going to turn good with this team. I hope something will change every year, but it never does. 

The two positives from the Skins I can remember. One got murdered and the other blew out his knee in a playoff game. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I saw Sweat draw a holding penalty which was big. He will be great, just wait. 

I don't doubt it, I'm no analyst just pointing out what I saw, he did have a couple of nice plays which helped stop the run.

I guess I was hoping to see one of those explosive type players who can dominate, probably asking for too much too soon.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The starting D looked pretty good despite the BS penalties because they have the talent and personalities to demand accountability regardless of the coaches. They are doing it themselves essentially imo. They're the big kids in the class.

I don't think the offense has that and the team as a whole under Gruden has never had it. 

I hope they’re up for 16 weeks of that cuz they will have to be near flawless every week for the team to have a chance. Anything over 17 points scored on them is probably an L

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

What, losing pre season games?..if we start the season out 1-4 I'm still not throwing in the towel on the season

When do we start throwing in the towel, this preseason has the smell that is the worst of the previous 5 years. 

6 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I disagree....gotta remember it's preseason, teams show nothing, and give Jay the benefit of the doubt, he's gotta be coaching not to get anyone hurt. We have some great weapons on offense...Reed, AP, Vernon, CT, Guice, PRich and some unprovens....Glass is half full here. 

All that being said, if this is how the officiating is gonna be I think I'll be watching re-runs of Columbo and the Rockford Files on Sundays. That was simply brutal to watch.

The reasons a lot of folks don’t want to give Jay the benefit of the doubt is because this is year 6 of the same stuff and we’ve seen how the movie ends.

That said, clearly you have to see how the team plays it’s first 4-5 games against tough opponents. 

If they can go 2-3 or better, then ok.  If they go 1-4 or worse, then clearly you are an out-classed organization and it’s time for total regime change.  

After 10 years of Bruce and 6 years of Jay, if you start 1-4, it’s all wrong, from FO to coaching staff, and it’s time for a change.  

And i don't want to hear about the schedule.  3 of the first 5 games are in division.  The bears have rebuilt entirely in 2-3 years. There’s no shame in losing to the patriots.  But there will be shame losing to the eagles and Cowboys back to back to open the season.  That can’t happen. 

UNLESS.

Unless you start Haskins.  Then it’s a development season and the evaluation criteria is somewhat different...

Archived