Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

10 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I hate the comparison I'm about to make, but this is beginning to resemble what Shanahan inherited with Haynesworth.

That is the perfect comparison. 

I've been in the Trade the Bum camp since day 1 and now Trent is cementing that opinion.

Get anything for him. This is still on Bruce and the previous regime. Ron just needs to trim the fat.

I was all about trading TW all last offseason, but had warmed up to keeping him if he came back with no hard feelings, no drama, and he played out his final two years.  I would've been ok with even a reasonable extension, as long as we weren't making concessions to him for last year.  He chose to sit, he flushed that money down the toilet.  

But if him wanting an unreasonable extension is true, or else he is going to want a trade, time to move on.  We all know by now his trade value peaked last August, but we can't be afraid to pull the trigger on a trade today bc the return pales in comparison to what tunsil fetched.  Missed opportunity, that's all in the past.  We trade him for the best package we can get, and we turn the page. 

Then we turn to Dunbar and say, "you sure about this pal".  

Realistically, Trent's departure won't impact the 2020 team "that" much IMHO. Haskins survived with Penn and since the Skins are not sold on Haskins we can draft a QB AFTER Chase...develop him and play Haskns to see what he has playing with *some* adversity-see if he elevates the team. Try and get Penn back or draft a LT and put him in.

Skins need to continue to purge malcontents and cry babies. KC and Williams were two of the worse...finish the job. Dunbar can be sent packing too.

Get Chase and lean on the D for a year

Let him go....he is in "all about me mode". We've seen this before getting up there in age and his play is going to deteriorate and he knows it. Making that last gasp effort to score. I agree with the new culture, sweeping him out the door and starting fresh is in the best interests of our new beginning. Same with Dunbar, make them want to be here. I have a feeling players are gonna want to play for this team in the coming years.

Trent is a terd, it was all about money last year and he made up some medical BS and killed peoples reps in the process. He is a real piece of crap. Two suspensions for having no self control and the Skins paid him big time. He is free to ask for anything he wants after this year and full fills his contract.

Bruce was incompetent but this is all on Trent, I am sure he was making those demands last year and Bruce was sitting there thinking wtf. I wish Trent nothing but bad things from here on out!

On top of all that the dude was always and still overrated. When its 4 and 1 do we run behind him...no...skins could never pick up short yardage. Then the terd was always hurt. Ask yourself when Neske and Penn played did you really notice a LT drop off?

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

I was all about trading TW all last offseason, but had warmed up to keeping him if he came back with no hard feelings, no drama, and he played out his final two years.  I would've been ok with even a reasonable extension, as long as we weren't making concessions to him for last year.  He chose to sit, he flushed that money down the toilet.  

But if him wanting an unreasonable extension is true, or else he is going to want a trade, time to move on.  We all know by now his trade value peaked last August, but we can't be afraid to pull the trigger on a trade today bc the return pales in comparison to what tunsil fetched.  Missed opportunity, that's all in the past.  We trade him for the best package we can get, and we turn the page. 

Then we turn to Dunbar and say, "you sure about this pal".  

My thoughts exactly get them out of here didn't win with them anyways!! Put it out there if you don't want to be here get the hell out!!!!!!

It is too early to figure out where things are going to go with TW' , but given this draft, and what is available at LT,  I can't imagine that some team doesn't become a trade partner with us for a second round pick. IF he gets no leverage in terms of no trade partner, it really behooves him to not lose any more money.   

Ultimately I do not think we are in a horrible position.  One way or the other it will work out. It is about money and you can't really blame a player, particularly on the Redskins, watching all the injuries, to not want some guaranteed money upfront.  

I guess I see this as more problematic than most.  Don't get me wrong, I'm tired of his act as well and am fine with trading him. But is Penn even going to return?  If not they literally have nobody to take the spot, and with a young QB that could spell disaster.   The LT class is pretty good but I'm pretty sure the best ones will be gone by the time the Redskins pick, assuming they get a 2nd in return.  So are we ready to give up next year's #1 to move up this draft?    Not me, that still could be a top 5-10 pick.  

What a complete and utter asshole - GTFO of here "Trent";  he literally slandered peoples names last year when in reality all he wanted was more MONEY.  The team stood buy him when he was suspended for doing drugs and this is how he has repaid them.  This was about  MONEY from day one and anything else he put forward was a smoke screen for his greed.  Seriously - get out of DC Trent

I believe Trent had a legitimate beef with the Redskins medical staff/ Bruce Allen and wanted more money.  I don't fault him at all at this point in his career for wanting some guaranteed money.  I would welcome him back for a reasonable (whatever that is) couple year extension.  Forgetting last year, he had earned that with this organization.  If his demands are unreasonable (based on age and health) then get the best deal we can a move on.  The part that makes me angry about this ordeal was how it was handled by Bruce Allen and his refusal to trade him last year. We either need Trent or the guy we draft to replace him at camp on day 1.

TW is playing his leverage perfectly.. (thanks Kirk) 

1. His main gripe was always about the money. He knew last regime was never going to extend his contract so he yelled some bs about the medical staff to cover his ass in the court of public opinion. Now with the new staff he doesnt have the leverage of crappy medical staff.. so its all about money now.

2. Its not about just guaranteed money on his current contract, his contract is guaranteed on the first day of the season anyway. He wants an extension with significant ADDITIONAL guarantees like 40+mil. 

3. He is no longer a great LT, just a good one. (he is often injured and the line sucked with him playing just as bad as without him)  Trade him for whatever you can get. Skins can find a stop gap for a year in FA and draft someone to groom .

Many of us read the tea leaves correctly and knew this whole thing was about money. From the timing of the holdout announcement to him ignoring tBA’s offer to fire whoever he wanted on the medical staff, this was crystal clear. Now it’s confirmed, ship him out, this is exactly the nonsense this team doesn’t need. This was about as cowardly a route that TW could have taken, he’s no leader and certainly doesn’t deserve to wear a C on his chest. 

Whatever the team decides to do with him I just hope it is ironed out quickly so we arnt stuck looking for a replacement last minute. Im in the move on from him camp. Any one even know what kind of shape he is in at this point? Is his mind even in the right place after sitting out a year?

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

If this keeps up then I say cut him after June 1 and split his dead cap for 2 years. If we can't get a trade, we can at least save some cap room.

I would consider putting him on the Did Not Report list, then let him hold out and wait into the season for injury to raise his value to other teams. Let him sit out just like last year only this time get the best value in season 2020. Draft and plan for him not to be here. Don't let him pull a KC. He won't count against the cap until he reports...right?

Make a statement and sit his ass for another year if we can't get a good draft pick this draft.

@BleedBNG Trent has $2 million guaranteed this year. Cutting Or trading him gets you $12.5m immediately. Doing so after June 1 just gets you an extra $1m while pushing another Mil to 2021. Not really worth the effort as there’s no real benefit. 

Trent wants some guarantees. I can understand where he’s coming from. As someone eluded to his contract in 2015 made him the #1 OT. He’s currently outside the top 10 at his position. And the new market for OT is $19-20 million per year. So I can understand him wanting a new deal to get him closer to that number. If the cap is really gonna be $240 next year we need to sign guys this off-season and really load the money up in 2020 and 2021. $20m For TW a year and $15m for Scherff will seem like a bargain. 

FWIW if the 2021 cap is $240 once we release Smith and Moses next year we will have like $160m in cap space right now. 

Also while I understand the desire to cut and move on ... But he’s gonna get us a pick in return. Likely a valuable one. And if we cut him we can’t get any comp picks. 

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

If this keeps up then I say cut him after June 1 and split his dead cap for 2 years. If we can't get a trade, we can at least save some cap room.

Won't get a comp pick doing that. If he wants to be a giant asshole bury him on the bench and nickel and dime him for every infraction possible. I doubt Ron will take that tact, but it would be deserved imo. 

I absolutely hate how guys sign contracts then decide it wasn't good enough and want a new one before the old one is up.

7 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

I may have missed it, but did he get credit for last year or does he still owe us 2 years?

He got credit. So he’s on the final year of his deal. I truly understand his point. And really with the raising cap we should throw $18 for 3 years at him. But I can understand why Ron would say screw you and trade him. Would be nice to have him back though 

15 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

He got credit. So he’s on the final year of his deal. I truly understand his point. And really with the raising cap we should throw $18 for 3 years at him. But I can understand why Ron would say screw you and trade him. Would be nice to have him back though 

that’s all I’d throw at him right now 

Archived