Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

If I were the organization, I would kindly remind Trent that he has two years remaining on his contract, unless they counted last year. From there I would advise him that he is much more valuable to the team at this point than most first round picks. Unless we get what we want for him, he is going nowhere. He may want more money, but if he does then he’s gonna have to take around 14-15 mil. If he doesn’t like those apples then he could always retire.

To me, the older guys who demand more money are pretty much saying I'm near the end of the line and want my last pay day. It's a sign that maybe they are admitting they are near the end.....How bout Trent comes in and says "Hey, I want to finish out this year (contract) and head to free agency where i can really get paid by a contender"? That would be his way of saying I'm gonna prove to everyone what I have left and you'll either let me walk or have to franchise me.

I'm with the organization on this one if he's gonna make demands after sitting out a full season....be prepared to sit again buddy.

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

To me, the older guys who demand more money are pretty much saying I'm near the end of the line and want my last pay day. It's a sign that maybe they are admitting they are near the end.....How bout Trent comes in and says "Hey, I want to finish out this year (contract) and head to free agency where i can really get paid by a contender"? That would be his way of saying I'm gonna prove to everyone what I have left and you'll either let me walk or have to franchise me.

I'm with the organization on this one if he's gonna make demands after sitting out a full season....be prepared to sit again buddy.

He’ll be on somebody’s team.  If not with us.

But he needs to be reasonable with us.  I have a bad feeling.  But I just heard today that Rivera has been talking with him, so we’ll see.

Trade him to a cold weather team like the Browns or maybe Buffalo since Buffalo seems to grab all the players we let go anyway.  Show them how it will be playing this game.  No more players demanding a new deal while they're under contract.  While I understand their position, I think it is a bad idea to cave in to this sort of thing.

Couldnt we just threaten to let him sit this year....tag and transition the next 2? if the dude wants to make some money he needs to get on the field.  wouldn't condone this....would like to see a trade, but if we were going to play BA hardball with him.

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Sign him to a 3 year front loaded deal. At this point there's a detriment to having too many young players up for contracts in the next 2-4. Gotta keep some talent to absolve salary now instead having to pick and choose who to keep down the road. 

front loaded deals are pointless if agents can hold teams hostage after the "front" of the contract. 

13 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Couldnt we just threaten to let him sit this year....tag and transition the next 2? if the dude wants to make some money he needs to get on the field.  wouldn't condone this....would like to see a trade, but if we were going to play BA hardball with him.

front loaded deals are pointless if agents can hold teams hostage after the "front" of the contract. 

On a three year deal, dude ain't gonna have a lot of leverage trying to renegotiate when he's 34.

20 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

On a three year deal, dude ain't gonna have a lot of leverage trying to renegotiate when he's 34.

yeah but he could just do the same thing after the first year though. The contract no longer exists for the better players when they can just stop playing and demand a new contract or trade after the front load payday. Teams are better off making each year a straight average so they don't over pay prior to the player demanding something new

12 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

yeah but he could just do the same thing after the first year though. The contract no longer exists for the better players when they can just stop playing and demand a new contract or trade after the front load payday. Teams are better off making each year a straight average so they don't over pay prior to the player demanding something new

If he had the audacity to do the same thing then he’d basically be suiciding his own career and absolutely the Redskins would be able to file a grievance. It would cost him everything.

It’s on the team, Trent is an elite talent at his position on the final year of his deal. The team must make a decision to extend him or not. 

Is he a part of the next window or not, he has a right to demand and know. This is earned by being elite. 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Sign him to a 3 year front loaded deal. At this point there's a detriment to having too many young players up for contracts in the next 2-4. Gotta keep some talent to absolve salary now instead having to pick and choose who to keep down the road. 

**** that and **** that guy.

Let someone else pay him.

TRADE TRADE TRADE!!!!

I’d need a 2+3, 2+4 or a 1 for him. 

But, I’ll say the same thing I have for Dunbar... new regime. Fresh slate. If you’re “out” day one, you’re out. 

Try to move him.

I really wish our front office would have been smart enough to move him when they had a chance.

Some possible trade options:

Cleveland: 2(41) + 3(90)

LAC: 2(37) + 4(109) —- If they bring in veteran win now QB v. Rookie

Cincinnati: 2(33) OR 3(65) + 4(104) —- put Trent at LT and let Jonah Williams start at RT until ready

Tampa: 2(45) + 4(113) —- jay connection + protect Rivers / vet QB

I wonder if we could get #23 from Pats if they retain Brady and work to bolster the offense 

Trent and the Redskins are on exactly the same page.  Trents saying either extend me or deal me, and the Redskins are thinking we will either extend him or deal him.  It would be a disaster for the team to play out the last year of a contract on a guy valuable enough to get a 1st rounder or mutliple 2nd/3rd round picks.

You either decide you want him long term and extend, or you trade him.  Not sure why some peoples feathers are ruffled by TW wanting the exact same thing.

I'm a big fan of Trent's play, the guy has given a stellar career to the Skins, but at this point I feel like this transcends any of that and comes down to the attitude that Rivera wants this team to have. I was pleasantly surprised at the job Penn did last year, there are always options so if Ron can work out an advantageous deal, we bid Trent adieu and move on. I just want it to be done in an adult, drama-free manner. Throw a going away bash at FedEx, gift him a new truck or something, say nice things and shake his hand. 

7 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Trent and the Redskins are on exactly the same page.  Trents saying either extend me or deal me, and the Redskins are thinking we will either extend him or deal him.

I dont think the Redskins are saying that without due cause. if Trent said that he wanted to be here, I'm pretty sure RR would be welcoming hm home (although maybe extending him  a a couple of years to take care of him.) There are rumors that TW didn't play last season.

Archived