Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

10 minutes ago, volsmet said:

He played the part of the victim admirably, but the truth always comes out.

The fact that he wants money?

He said that himself months ago. The contract has always been a part of this saga. 

14 minutes ago, volsmet said:

He played the part of the victim admirably, but the truth always comes out.

Spot on, Volsmet.  At this point I want to see TW traded IF and ONLY IF we can get a 2nd round pick for him and we sign a FA LT vet on a 2 year deal and draft TW's replacement with that 2nd round pick.  This draft has some very good Left OTs in it.   Getting a new extension for more money would be fine if he could stay healthy and play a full 16 game season which he has not since 2013 if my math is correct. 

8 minutes ago, Tay said:

He said that himself months ago. The contract has always been a part of this saga. 

The contract was the biggest part of the saga. The rest was bull****, which was exactly why he took no legal action and the NFLPA went along with it.

14 minutes ago, Tay said:

The very first post in this thread disagrees with you....

Jason La Canfora✔@JasonLaCanfora

Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

4:37 PM - Jun 5, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

17 minutes ago, Tay said:

"That's what I don't get. I don't get how it could be about the money, but at the end of the day those people are going to look for a way to say, no matter what evidence is in front of them…if you want to say 'Trent is about the money' then they'll find a way to say it.

"You'll ignore the fact that I could've reported and I could've been on the roster since training camp and still not played a down, ya know? But I didn't want to go that route. So, if it was about the money, I would've secured the bag that way." - Trent

He also said, back when he was told he had a cancerous growth and it needed to be removed immediately, that it "stopped being about [the money]". That was last February.

It just cant go smooth, can it?

That is an enormous hole to fill if he doesnt come back.  Made even trickier if they take Chase Young and dont trade down for picks.  Unless they somehow coax Penn back.  The LT free agent market is pretty thin.  

But I dont think this means it was ALWAYS  about the money.  This has been going on for a solid year.  I bet it started off as spite and anger, then once Bruce got canned, it became about the money for having lost a whole year to this fiasco.  

giphy.gif

What? You mean it NOT being about money.... or it NOT mostly being about money was bull****?

We've already gone through the pieces of his story which are shady. We know about the suspensions and how he didn't take responsibility. We know about his dog breeding and his comments about a neighbors dog being torn in half by his.

Get this guy out of here. Let me deal with a team that isn't cool with his Hogs 2.0 style nonsense.

4 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I'm still in the "trade him" group. If Rivera is going to keep some older veterans around for this roster and culture rebuild, you want the Kerrigan types who are "here" and not the Williams types who haven't been for years now AND have baggage. It's still BS that he gets credit for last season because he showed up that one day

No clue his value vs what you could really get. There should be teams looking to make a final run at a title like New Orleans and New England where Williams would be an upgrade over their current LT and it's worth a higher pick to protect Brady (if he's there) or Brees.

The counter argument to this is practical:  Trent is a better player at his position and there are 3 or 4 players on the roster behind Kerrigan who can play, the only thing behind Trent is his own ass.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The counter argument to this is practical:  Trent is a better player at his position and there are 3 or 4 players on the roster behind Kerrigan who can play, the only thing behind Trent is his own ass.  

That's why I said "culture rebuild" and not just talent.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I've said it a million times before. They have done plenty of losing with Trent there and just as much without him. The team isn't staring at  0-15 because he's not there.

Trade his ass, IMO. Get rid of him and get a youngster in there who wants to be here and doesn't want to be overpaid.

Trent said himself that he didn't want to play on a  deal with no guaranteed money. He also mentioned that he initially addressed Bruce about an extension or a trade. The medical scare compounded the issue, and became his primary concern, but the contract always played a role. He said it wasn't all about the money, but doesn't translate to the contract played no role.

3rd hand reporting doesn't matter once Trent himself actually spoke to the media regarding the situation. 

You can find his initial media scrum here: https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/10/31/20942386/redskins-pressers-trent-williams-cancerous-tumor-was-discovered-6-years-ago

If you're surprised he wants to rework his contract before showing up, you haven't been paying attention. 

38 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That's why I said "culture rebuild" and not just talent.

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe.  I guess I think that when he's available, he's not really part of the problem.  He shows up when he's supposed to, is in great shape, plays well, and is seen as a veteran leader in the locker room.  Yeah, he had a serious beef with Bruce Allen which might have helped lead to Bruce not being here, and I don't really hold that against him.

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe.  I guess I think that when he's available, he's not really part of the problem.  He shows up when he's supposed to, is in great shape, plays well, and is seen as a veteran leader in the locker room.  Yeah, he had a serious beef with Bruce Allen which might have helped lead to Bruce not being here, and I don't really hold that against him.

CBA says when they have to be there and when they don't. Not being around most offseasons, coming back, getting hurt. Doesn't scream "veteran leader" to me. But what do I know? The players I think vote who the Captains are. Personally, I'd want the HC to choose them as guys who are leading by example of what they want from guys who are there throughout the offseason working with their teammates who stick around town.

Look, Trent can't be trusted. Suspended a few times. Blamed his lawyer on the 2nd one for whatever was agreed on. Still, it was because he did something stupid. They still paid him. Missed plenty of time. They didn't complain to the public that he can't stay healthy. The cancer thing has so many questions. Sure as **** seems he doesn't take ownership in his life. Says he missed an appointment on this by "one day"? what does that mean? Says the doctor told him the cancer was weeks from moving into his brain. What doctor really told him this? Sounds shady. The stuff with his dogs and his neighbors. Then his quotes. He seems like a dick.

time to move on. Even if Rivera is amazing and can rebuild things quickly AND they pay Trent more now. He'll be 2-3 years older when they are ready for a real run.

At some point the organization has to move on from malcontents who keep making demands. I would let Trent seek a deal and tell him that whoever his agent works out a deal with the compensation will be a 1st round pick either this year or in 2021, preferably 2021. If these reports are true, Trent is all about the money and we need to move on. Get someone younger and hungrier or a vet who wants to be here. 

Archived