Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I may be one of the few that wishes the Redskins would just cut bait with TW. He hasn't played in a year, he's always getting hurt and has some kind of nagging injury, and he totally trashed the organization.

I wish the Redskins got smart had the ability to move on from players that are going on the downside of their careers. Same w/ Kerrigan. He is now on the downside, yet because he's a "Redskin" he'll be allowed to stay on and get pushed around against the run and get 4 sacks.

And also what is the deal with resigning AP? From my couch I know whenever he comes in the game it's a run up the middle. 

I don't feel like he trashed the Redskins per se, but he definitely trashed the front office and medical staff.  But let's be honest it's nothing we as fans weren't doing ourselves.  I think he deserves credit for staying quiet most of the time and only after they tried to intentionally screw him did he come out with his gripe.

16 hours ago, JCB said:

Just because:

My favorite TW moment of all time. I was at that game and saw it happen from a distance but couldn't really tell at the time exactly what happened until I saw the replays later. 

We should've won that damn game, we were clearly the better team that day.  Ugh, the what could have been..... 

15 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hope he's stayed in shape, is well rested and ready to go.  

It's easy to bash Bruce Allen for so many reasons, but kudos to him for not giving in and trading Trent.  Maybe this will work out.

I think it will. 

But, I still think Bruce screwed it up. Getting a first rounder would have worked out great for this franchise.

But now, the return would be less. And what you get for it isn't as good as Williams. So keeping Williams is a necessity at this point, in my opinion. 

If you had traded Williams last year, you could’ve potentially gotten Andrew Thomas to replace him in this draft. Although Prince Wanogho, Trey Adams and Austin Jackson will be there in late rd. 1 / rd 2, I wouldn’t trade Trent for a second to replace him with one of those guys

Extend him 3 years with a lot of guaranteed money so that he takes it

Funny how some people almost sound like Bruce, "He pushed back? Trade his ass and backdoor leak some trash"

To me this is the ONE guy on the roster that ought to have earned some respect and loyalty, if not from the FO at least from the fans. 

Oy.....

Who ya gonna replace him with? Virtually anyone possible would be a downgrade.

Work it out, get him back on the field, buy him one of these helmets.....

Image result for robocop helmet

18 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hope he's stayed in shape, is well rested and ready to go.  

It's easy to bash Bruce Allen for so many reasons, but kudos to him for not giving in and trading Trent.  Maybe this will work out.

I think Dan was the force behind not trading Trent....just my gut feeling. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think it will. 

But, I still think Bruce screwed it up. Getting a first rounder would have worked out great for this franchise.

But now, the return would be less. And what you get for it isn't as good as Williams. So keeping Williams is a necessity at this point, in my opinion. 

Did we have a first rounder on the table for Williams?  I'm not sure what was confirmed and what was speculation.

If we did have a first rounder on the table for him, I agree with you, mostly.  The caveat being that the first rounder could bust, but at least with TW you know what you have which is first round talent and production, albeit in an older, worn down body with a grumpy demeanor.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Did we have a first rounder on the table for Williams?  I'm not sure what was confirmed and what was speculation.

If we did have a first rounder on the table for him, I agree with you, mostly.  The caveat being that the first rounder could bust, but at least with TW you know what you have which is first round talent and production, albeit in an older, worn down body with a grumpy demeanor.  

Pretty sure it's been pretty much confirmed that Cleveland, Houston and I think even New England were in on him for high draft selections. 

Agree on bust potential as well. But a first round asset vs. an aging unhappy player is a no brainer. But now that they didn't move him, I'm guessing the compensation on the table will be less. Even if it was a hypothetical second on the table before, I bet it's less now unless someone gets desperate.

Allen ****ed it up.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Pretty sure it's been pretty much confirmed that Cleveland, Houston and I think even New England were in on him for high draft selections. 

Agree on bust potential as well. But a first round asset vs. an aging unhappy player is a no brainer. But now that they didn't move him, I'm guessing the compensation on the table will be less. Even if it was a hypothetical second on the table before, I bet it's less now unless someone gets desperate.

Allen ****ed it up.

I didn't know that.

Dammit, KDawg, trying to find some positives here.  At least Haskins will have some good protection on the blind side this year.  AGREE WITH ME.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I didn't know that.

Dammit, KDawg, trying to find some positives here.  At least Haskins will have some good protection on the blind side this year.  AGREE WITH ME.

Assuming Williams isn't hurt!

:ols:

I think Williams will be good for us. A year off is going to do wonders for him. OT, but I feel like the Warriors in the NBA are going to be a real problem for the LAs next year because Curry/Thompson are going to be fresh as daisies. And if Wiggins doesn't pan out, they can trade him for a good asset. 

19 hours ago, Alexa said:

And also what is the deal with resigning AP? From my couch I know whenever he comes in the game it's a run up the middle. 

Yeah but a successful run up the middle. Besides him still being a very good runner - they signed him for his attitude. 

On 2/20/2020 at 7:25 AM, goskins10 said:

Mine is just pure speculation as I have no proof either. But I don't see it that way. For me Dan's epiphany came after Jay was fired and he started poking around for Jay's replacement. He was finding out that at least from an outside view Bruce was a big part of the problem. And this was before Ron was fired. He then did some additional research so when Ron became available, he could see Ron fit what he wanted to do moving forward. 

i do however agree that Ron would not have agreed to come here if Bruce was still in the building. But I don't think he was the cause of bruce being fired. I think the issue with Trent and some other disgruntled players and coaches and the feedback he received when he began is HC search, he had already decide Bruce was gone when Ron became available. 

As i said, I have no proof so it's just a theory.  It's just how the reports read to me. 

I do see the pattern but I think this was a more researched hiring. I think Dan really put some time into understanding where the issues were and what had to be done - hence allowing Ron to really clean house - something no other HC had been allowed to do, even JG II. 

Don't get me wrong, I still think Dan is a douche. His past sins outside of football do not go away. But he can fix the football side of it if he really lets' Ron do his job and hires a true GM and let's them do their job. So then he will only be half a douche?

For me, like I was saying earlier,  I think Dan was gonna go for more of a "sure thing" for his next head coach, which meant a veteran head coach, which also meant it limited his options. Outside of Rivera I can't say there was another veteran HC candidate he would have absolutely wanted (for whatever reason, I never saw McCarthy as a real candidate for Snyder). So it would have left a lot of 1st time NFL coaches to choose from, or keep Callahan. Either of those things would have been conditions that could have led to keeping Allen around in some capacity.

I think another really positive aspect about Trent coming back is that he is still a premier LT and he will be a great training ground for Chase Young to go against all summer. Trent will be able to teach him all he knows so when the real games start in September, Chase can hit the ground running!

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Ok time to jump to conclusions.

Trent still isn’t healthy to return or

Trent is only coming back on a new contract, so he’s getting shipped out

Agree, 6 weeks or so since Rivera became HC, if Williams is supposed to be one of Rivera's main priorities to stay a Redskin then what's the holdup?. You sit down with him tell him you want him to be a Redskin for the rest of his career, leave him to think about it, then yes or no and we move on either way. 

HTTR 

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Agree, 6 weeks or so since Rivera became HC, if Williams is supposed to be one of Rivera's main priorities to stay a Redskin then what's the holdup?. You sit down with him tell him you want him to be a Redskin for the rest of his career, leave him to think about it, then yes or no and we move on either way. 

HTTR 

To be fair the new staff started to address the roster this month and have already made some changes.  Let's give the TW situation more time for a resolution and personally I hope he remains on the team and have a big year.   That would translate to the team having a decent to good year.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:48 PM, Alexa said:

I may be one of the few that wishes the Redskins would just cut bait with TW. He hasn't played in a year, he's always getting hurt and has some kind of nagging injury, and he totally trashed the organization.

I wish the Redskins got smart had the ability to move on from players that are going on the downside of their careers. Same w/ Kerrigan. He is now on the downside, yet because he's a "Redskin" he'll be allowed to stay on and get pushed around against the run and get 4 sacks.

You are hardly only one of a few to want to move on from Trent, seems to be the majority opinion. I'm actually fine if they extend, they literally have no other options and FA LTs are rarely the answer.  But I can see the opinion to move on.

As for AP the other 2 RBs have very real health questions, AP has played great while he's been here.  If you can't see the reason to bring him back I'm not sure what you are watching.  

Archived