Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

38 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I have not yet made a list, but if I do make a list of things I care about, I suspect your thoughts won’t be on it. 

Where would my thoughts rank on that list?

Attacking (which includes mocking) other posters is a rule violation. By all means attack or question other posters thoughts or logic - but don’t attack them. 

Now let’s all play nice and remember Bruce Allen is the idiot here.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Continued needling of @carex, just for your own amusement, is trolling.  No more of that.  

What he said.

36 minutes ago, Destino said:

Continued needling of @carex, just for your own amusement, is trolling.  No more of that.  

The guy has become a passive aggressive troll, he makes few posts that aren’t condescending, but you guys respond to the faux tears time after time. Authenticity is more often frowned upon than encouraged, thus, the BS.

No need to threaten bans, navigating egg shells to talk Redskins football is hardly worthwhile.

ACFDF849-1E57-4DE2-9848-A587C5E6D13B.gif

39 minutes ago, MartinC said:

What he said.

Cool, man. 

739859E0-AAEF-40D3-BAD8-4E5F40C44B9F.gif

42 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Where would my thoughts rank on that list?

I’d be remiss not to point out how funny/ironic that comment is.

Cheers.

I think there is little doubt we can get a 1st plus additional picks/players, if we trade Trent before the deadline. If we don’t trade him before the deadline I think we’ve missed the boat, for now, but can catch it again before the draft, but it’s def a risk I wouldn’t take.

The Browns have basically bent over and said tell me what you want and we’ll work a deal. I’d definitely squeeze them for as much as possible before the deadline.

2 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I think there is little doubt we can get a 1st plus additional picks/players, if we trade Trent before the deadline. If we don’t trade him before the deadline I think we’ve missed the boat, for now, but can catch it again before the draft, but it’s def a risk I wouldn’t take.

The Browns have basically bent over and said tell me what you want and we’ll work a deal. I’d definitely squeeze them for as much as possible before the deadline.

Mark my words, Bruce is going to sit on TW completely out of spite.

Dan Snyder is the biggest horse's ass for keeping Bruce if he holds onto TW past the deadline.

36 minutes ago, volsmet said:

No need to threaten bans, navigating egg shells to talk Redskins football is hardly worthwhile.

I don’t recall mentioning a ban. I don’t spend my time on here looking for people to ban and I try to avoid actions like that. However if people want to carry on down the path that leads in that direction ...

36 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I’d be remiss not to point out how funny/ironic that comment is.

Cheers.

Because?

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

I don’t recall mentioning a ban. I don’t spend my time on here looking for people to ban and I try to avoid actions like that. However if people want to carry on down the path that leads in that direction ...

I didn’t say anything about a ban either...

aRhpTpI.gif

@volsmet You’re smarter than this.

@MartinC and @Destino were referencing your direct shots at @carex and asking you nicely to stop before it leads to something worse. 

That’s different than what you view carex as doing with his condescending posts. Going after a poster directly, especially outside of a particular argument you’re having with one another, can be viewed as a form of trolling, which is a violation of rules 5 and 12. 

5. Your default position is to be respectful of your fellow members in your posts.
Upon registering, every member agrees to not post inappropriate material or topics. This includes content which is knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, obscene, profane, sexually graphic, or physically threatening. It also includes posting anything invasive of another member's personal privacy outside of their posted content on ES, or in violation of any law including any stalking or otherwise harassing any member. Such material connected to the poster's life beyond what they willingly post on ES is a particularly serious violation.

Free debate within the parameters outlined is welcome, and diversity of opinion is vital to a good debate. Every member is free to post their own opinion on the topic/subject of the thread without sanction, as long as the way it's expressed does not violate forum rules. As you debate your fellow members we request you maintain contact with the content of the discussion within each reply, especially as any exchange becomes more heated.

We encourage spirited discussions and holding people accountable for what they post. This may be done in ways from funny to firm, including being castigating if reasonably merited. For example, calling someone "clueless" or calling some comment or post “stupid” when done in appropriate and justifiable context to the poster’s actual content is often allowable. This is most safely done when in response to a specifically posted comment using the "quote" feature or in accurate reference to a poster’s general content in various threads over time on a given topic. Such castigations must not be excessive, and the reaction should be such as may normally be expected by an average reader with a strongly opposing and reasonably informed opinion. If you're unsure, being civil is the safest course. You will rarely go wrong by going after the views of the poster more than the poster's character or personality as you see it. Moderators determine any actions to be taken if needed. Bottom line--do as you choose and so will the moderators.

We are not seeking to favor some genteel "tea & crumpets" gathering or some dry and ponderous book club discussion forum. Nor are we seeking some gratuitously flaming cage-match atmosphere in our threads. 

Understand that moderators have wide latitude in defining and enforcing this rule. For this and all matters related to moderation, we suggest close inspection of Rule 18.

12. No trolling. Beware of making baiting posts.
Do not post comments that are fundamentally inflammatory, or of little substantive content, or of some broadly insulting nature that serve primarily to incite your fellow members. ExtremeSkins has always prided itself on its zero tolerance policy for the common internet troublemaker. Trolls come in many forms and will be identified and censured at the discretion of the ES Staff. We are seeking a better level of conversation than just habitual drive-bys, being simplistically insulting, or gratuitously flaming various well-established points of view regardless of how strongly they may differ from yours.

See the part I bolded there. @carex should read it, as well. That’s the reason you weren’t automatically penalized, since it’s a thin line you’re walking within the rules. 

Believe me, we all enjoy your posts here and want them to continue. Don’t take this hard, avoid the harmful pride you mentioned in an earlier post here, and choose to refrain from targeting posters directly more often than not. 

WASHINGTON REDSKINS: Sell everyone, but start with running back Chris Thompson. Should D.C. part ways with Trent Williams? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. But all indications are Bruce Allen and associates have no interest in doing so. With Jay Gruden already out the door, it should be rebuilding time in Landover proper. Asked to choose just one player to offload, I'll go with Thompson, a versatile pass-catching back in the final year of his deal in D.C. Adrian Peterson is clearly Bill Callahan's favored back, and Derrius Guice should return from injury shortly. Potential compensation: 2020 fourth-round pick. Link

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

WASHINGTON REDSKINS: Sell everyone, but start with running back Chris Thompson. Should D.C. part ways with Trent Williams? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. But all indications are Bruce Allen and associates have no interest in doing so. With Jay Gruden already out the door, it should be rebuilding time in Landover proper. Asked to choose just one player to offload, I'll go with Thompson, a versatile pass-catching back in the final year of his deal in D.C. Adrian Peterson is clearly Bill Callahan's favored back, and Derrius Guice should return from injury shortly. Potential compensation: 2020 fourth-round pick. Link

we're 8 weeks into the season and he has turf toe, that can last just short of forever

I posted this elsewhere but its relevant to this topic:

Mike Jones on the radio today said Dan still totally trusts Bruce as the decision maker.    He said maybe he can see it going south if the team continues to struggle through the rest of the season and fans continue to be no shows.

Jones didn't say this part but tying that point with what some others have said, I am gathering Bruce has sold Dan that the season can still be saved and the fans are coming back.  Jones also said there are some in that building that still are hoping that Trent comes back and they talk him into staying.  Jones agrees that Trent's  trade value would diminish in the off season and suggested they've gotten good offers for him thus far but their leverage with other teams will change for the worse in the off season because of the draft-FA.  

Hoffman just said that from what he can tell Bruce and Dan don't get how irrelevant the team is becoming in town.   But some others in that building do.  He suggested them being in deep delusion is a major issue. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Mike Jones on the radio today said Dan still totally trusts Bruce as the decision maker.    He said maybe he can see it going south if the team continues to struggle through the rest of the season and fans continue to be no shows.

Jones didn't say this part but tying that point with what some others have said, I am gathering Bruce has sold Dan that the season can still be saved and the fans are coming back.  Jones also said there are some in that building that still are hoping that Trent comes back and they talk him into staying.  Jones agrees that Trent's  trade value would diminish in the off season and suggested they've gotten good offers for him thus far but their leverage with other teams will change for the worse in the off season because of the draft-FA.  

Hoffman just said that from what he can tell Bruce and Dan don't get how irrelevant the team is becoming in town.   But some others in that building do.  He suggested them being in deep delusion is a major issue. 

For God's sake trade the guy...don't repeat Cousins. Trent's words mean nothing here, look at the actions and think REPEAT.... Don't be Cousin'd AGAIN...

Haskins is going to start after the bye and Bruce is hoping Trent will be back to protect him. And Trent might actually be back so this year counts toward FA.

The whole thing is horribly short-sighted by Bruce. He should 100 percent trade Trent now. My goodness, a first round pick from Cleveland could be a great one!

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lol - if what you say about Allen is true then it is beyond ridiculous.  A miracle season would be the team going 6-3 the rest of the way (which isn't even going to remotely happen).  That would still result in a 7-9 record.  Would that be a salvaged season?  IMO - hell no.  It would just mean a worse draft position & more false hope.  Hitting rock bottom is probably much better for their long term success (I equate it to a big time alcoholic).

How the hell do they figure that they are going to get fans back to FedEx this season?  Their only hope there would be an even bigger influx of fans for the visitors.  That may happen for the Philly game (although they may start fading & fans will lose interest).  I kind of doubt that there will be tons of fans for the Lions, Jets & Giants especially as those teams remain in or get closer to the cellar.  With the likelihood of bad weather moving fwd FedEx will likely be a ghost town for the remaining games.

If any of this is remotely true then these clowns are beyond delusional.  If this were not so sad this would be hilarious.  Oh well.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'm a General Contractor in the Metro area.  The amount of clients I see with ravens gear far outnumbers those with Redskins gear.  Those ****ing clowns have no clue how bad things are.  

3 minutes ago, pray4surf said:

I'm a General Contractor in the Metro area.  The amount of clients I see with ravens gear far outnumbers those with Redskins gear.  Those ****ing clowns have no clue how bad things are.  

More/All Redskins fans have got to stop showing up to Redskins games and especially non game/off season events.  Redskins throw a draft party every year that seems to be well attended - that has got to stop.. 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If this is true then I don't believe the rumors about them being upset about the success of the Nats and Caps can also be true.

12 minutes ago, carex said:

If this is true then I don't believe the rumors about them being upset about the success of the Nats and Caps can also be true.

I don't care whether they are mad or not at other DC teams, though it is amusing to me if they are.    Having said that I don't see how either issue has anything to do with the other. 

It's not like Dan-Bruce are so delusional that they secretly think they've won the SB.  They just think they've been unlucky.  That if anything would likely reinforce not negate any jealously about the Caps and Nationals.    Those teams caught the breaks that the Redskins haven't, etc. 

Archived