Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Sorry for the confusion I am saying that I am all for selling for what we can get for draft picks for next year and I know that doesn't mean tanking I just don't want to get confused with some who root for the Redskins to lose

I think people are too sensitive to that. Who cares if people think you want the Skins to lose? 

The team has been awful, and the one thing they really haven't tried is bottoming out.

I find myself cheering for the team when they make good plays in the games, and getting some hope that they're going to win... So I can't actively root for them to lose myself... And as a coach I'm not sure I'm wired that way where I'd ever want to lose.

But if some people do, I have no problem with that. If some people don't, I have no problem with that. People fan it up in many different ways. At the end, most of us are fans of the team regardless of certain folks point of view.

If someone were to judge you for that statement because they think you're rooting for them to lose, eff em. 

It pains me to root against them as there are players and coaches that I'm a fan of.  So I don't really root for anything at this point, but I firmly acknowledge that the absolute best thing for this franchise is to hit rock bottom so hard that Dan has no other choice but to make the necessary changes required for any semblance of a chance of becoming a respectable franchise once again.  I'm well aware that there are no guarantees nor is it even likely that Dan Snyder will make the right decision post Bruce Allen, but I've seen enough of this **** show to know that it will never yield positive results.  I'm all for Dan selling me another dream just to have something to get behind even if it's a fools errand.  This current conglomeration I just don't have it in me to get behind.  

That said, getting something in exchange for players like Trent to give a new guy something to work with is optimal to me.  I'm also all for adding guys like Ryan Kerrigan and Josh Norman (even if it yields a 5th or 6th rounder) to the trade party as well.

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It pains me to root against them as there are players and coaches that I'm a fan of.  So I don't really root for anything at this point, but I firmly acknowledge that the absolute best thing for this franchise is to hit rock bottom so hard that Dan has no other choice but to make the necessary changes required for any semblance of a chance of becoming a respectable franchise once again.  I'm well aware that there are no guarantees nor is it even likely that Dan Snyder will make the right decision post Bruce Allen, but I've seen enough of this **** show to know that it will never yield positive results.  I'm all for Dan selling me another dream just to have something to get behind even if it's a fools errand.  This current conglomeration I just don't have it in me to get behind.  

That said, getting something in exchange for players like Trent to give a new guy something to work with is optimal to me.  I'm also all for adding guys like Ryan Kerrigan and Josh Norman (even if it yields a 5th or 6th rounder) to the trade party as well.

at this point, Dan isn't going to be selling you anything.  You don't trust him or believe him to be competant  You're selling yourself.  So why wait for some dramatic change

15 minutes ago, carex said:

at this point, Dan isn't going to be selling you anything.  You don't trust him or believe him to be competant  You're selling yourself.  So why wait for some dramatic change

They sold me Scot.  A guy who was canned from his last gig for being a drunk.  They quasi-sold me on full control.

I don't just believe he's incompetent, it's a fact that he is incompetent and any suggestion otherwise is made by that of a willfully ignorant fan.  That said, I do believe it's possible he could luck out and that's the only hope.

5 minutes ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

I'd be thrilled to get a 2nd round pick for Kerrigan.   It would also allow them to get a better evaluation of Ryan Anderson and Spence.

Kerrigan is worth a first, and even then, I wouldn't trade him. I don't think we need to trade Kerrigan to prove that the trash bag is filled with trash.

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Kerrigan is worth a first, and even then, I wouldn't trade him. 

In the hearts of Redskins fans, but I'd imagine the league feels differently.  Then again, it's possible the potential has always been there and he just hasn't developed additional moves as a result of the poor coaching he's had in Washington.  The positive on him is it appears his guaranteed money is all paid out at the end of the season.

This coming from a guy who likes Ryan Kerrigan, why not let him experience a greener pasture, while we get something in return?  Considering there is no chance we'll ever do diddly squat while he's still capable of playing at a high level.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/10/nfl-trade-deadline-with-emmanuel-sanders-mohamed-sanu-dealt-who-is-next-broncos-chris-harris-redskins-trent-williams-jets-leonard-williams-giants-janoris-jenkins.html

Washington LT Trent Williams: He is still holding out, and Washington is going nowhere. Trading Williams would be the smart thing to do, but Washington rarely does the smart thing. Williams is under contract through next season, when he is due to make $12.5 million in salary. He is a Pro Bowl talent, so he would have plenty of trade suitors. And Washington is rebuilding, so it could use the nice draft pick haul it would surely get from a Williams trade.

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But Dan Snyder was asking far too much...

Unfortunately for us, we’ll never ever know who is asking too much.

Jeez - how many other NFL teams never let you know their thoughts on anything?  Allen talks to the media once in a blue moon (& only lies at that time), and Snyder never talks to the media.  If the team were successful & competent I would have no issue with this.  However 20+ years of crap at least warrants getting a semblance of an idea of the philosophy of these clowns.  Certainly the Wizards have made some epic blunders & are currently on the downside, but at least Leonsis shares his thoughts & is very responsive to the fans.  I just have to believe that Snyder truly has disdain for the Redskins fans (if not - why not at least throw them a bone every 3 years or so).

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is the problem.  Snyder is asking too much.  That's why a team has a true GM to know what the value of a player is.  IF this tweeter is getting real info from a reliable source it just shows you why we are who and what we are.

15 minutes ago, dicksogj said:

Jeez - how many other NFL teams never let you know their thoughts on anything?  Allen talks to the media once in a blue moon (& only lies at that time), and Snyder never talks to the media.  If the team were successful & competent I would have no issue with this.  However 20+ years of crap at least warrants getting a semblance of an idea of the philosophy of these clowns.  Certainly the Wizards have made some epic blunders & are currently on the downside, but at least Leonsis shares his thoughts & is very responsive to the fans.  I just have to believe that Snyder truly has disdain for the Redskins fans (if not - why not at least throw them a bone every 3 years or so).

the Redskins have attempted every feasible strategy, so I would say they lack a philosophy they're unwilling to break from

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This is the problem.  Snyder is asking too much.  That's why a team has a true GM to know what the value of a player is.  IF this tweeter is getting real info from a reliable source it just shows you why we are who and what we are.

true value and cost you're willing to sell at are different things

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s the first I’ve heard his name come up for trade outside of fans on this site, but I’d be interested in what an insider thinks of his value as well.

I’d guess, at best a 2nd round pick.  More likely a 3rd or 4th.

Agreed. Bet the FO would want a 1st or maybe 2nd plus a future 2021 mid rounder. 

I'd love a 2nd but realistically think it's a 3rd as fair value.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

1 year subscription to Netflix.

:rofl89:nice one.

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I mean, get him traded. Trent has got serious value as we approach the deadline. Although we all know Bruce is useless, this really is a pivotal moment to get us some serious draft ammo. 

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Agreed. Bet the FO would want a 1st or maybe 2nd plus a future 2021 mid rounder. 

I'd love a 2nd but realistically think it's a 3rd as fair value.

Depends though on whether the pick is coming from a contender or a team like the Browns who just thinks they're a contender.  If it's coming from a true contender a 3rd round pick is basically a 4th.  I don't consider that fair value.

Apt:

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Depends though on whether the pick is coming from a contender or a team like the Browns who just thinks they're a contender.  If it's coming from a true contender a 3rd round pick is basically a 4th.  I don't consider that fair value.

Problem is that seems to be Bruce's mindset too, doesn't know where the pick is gonna fall in the round apparently. I mean, it's not that tough to work out who's picking where, and some of these teams have multiple picks from prior trades.

But at the end of the day, outside the top 10 of the draft, why get so hung up if the pick is at 45 or 57, maybe 73 or 89. Don't get it.

Archived