Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Vernon Davis would look good in a Seahawks uniform

Kerrigan in a Ravens uniform

Trent Williams in a Browns uniform

Paul Richardson in an Saints/Bills/Eagles/Packers uniform 

Josh Norman in an Eagles uniform (According to Albert Breer, Norman's name is coming up a lot in discussions, would probably fetch a mid-late rounder)

Just some possible landing spots... (if we are, in fact, listening to offers)

8 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

with hopefully a few of those salaries coming off and possibly some new picks, i'd be all over Austin Hooper from the Falcons before the deadline. Give Haskins the TE target he will need.

Bucs claimimg OJ Howard off the market might be BS. No doubts we'd be sniffing about.

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He suggested them being in deep delusion is a major issue. 

I'm not looking for a response SIP just venting on this.

How is this possible?  This is the kind of stuff I read on this forum thats very tough to believe.  Two grown men in charge of a billion dollar corporation but they have no clue what their consumers think?

What's easier to believe is that they want the media to believe this farce because then they don't have to address the problem.

Is anyone buying this crap?

42 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

How is this possible?  This is the kind of stuff I read on this forum thats very tough to believe.  Two grown men in charge of a billion dollar corporation but they have no clue what their consumers think?

What's easier to believe is that they want the media to believe this farce because then they don't have to address the problem.

There is no way to know one way or another but if I had to come up with a theory based on what some have said:

A.  Dan likes to insulate himself

B.  Bruce adds to the delusion by selling him on everything is OK.

One of the things that popped up after Cerrato got fired was an interview either from Dan or someone close to Dan I don't recall and in it there was a mention that Dan loved Cerrato because he was the ever optimist -- always saying that success is on the horizon. 

If so I gather Dan loves people that blow smoke about how great he is and how everything is OK.

Jones did say if the end of the season ends poorly with attendance, etc -- that might change Dan's mind.  So there's that maybe? :(

41 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I don’t think they are oblivious to the fact that fans are upset. They just believe the lack of fan support and hatred is all a by product of losing and that will be cured soon.

Even isolated im sure even dan can acknowledge how poor the team has been over a lengthy period of time. If he legitimately thinks Haskins (or Smith for that matter) is the difference between terrible and contender then he would have been forcing Gruden and then Callahan’s hand to play him by now.

it almost feels like he’s forcing the stadium by saying “I’m gonna field a lousy team until you give me my stadium.” 

Dan is essentially the equivalent to the owner of the Cleveland Indians in the movie Major League.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think they are oblivious to the fact that fans are upset. They just believe the lack of fan support and hatred is all a by product of losing and that will be cured soon.

I feel like their evading what they are fully aware of by feeding us BS.

I get that Dan is a recluse and that billionaires like sidekicks who are submissive but Dan has a family and at least a couple of friends I assume, there's just too much negativity flowing through Washington not to notice.

The entire city, fanbase, and national media are now ganging up on Bruce and Dan, he's got to be feeling the pressure whether he wants to admit it or not.

Is it really anything more than Dan believed the playoffs were realistic the last 3 years following a playoff campaign 4 years ago and 3 years ago missing it due to the collapse against Giants, so he decided to stick to the plan the last 2 years that provided mediocre results. This has resulted in Jay being fired, and an eventual significant change at QB to Haskins. Yes, Bruce remains, but actions taken do not support Dan thinking all is okay. 

I’ll preface all this by sharing again I can no longer defend the FO and it cannot be disputed this regime has been unable to get team over the hump of being average. 

Getting murdered on national TV tonight by Kirk might be our best chance at all of a sudden realizing we need to take advantage of the trade deadline. We didn't get our asses whipped like we deserved against the Dolphins or 49ers but this could be the one. 

20 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Getting murdered on national TV tonight by Kirk might be our best chance at all of a sudden realizing we need to take advantage of the trade deadline. We didn't get our asses whipped like we deserved against the Dolphins or 49ers but this could be the one. 

I believe the trade deadline ended today at 4pm EST.

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

Why do these reports continue to shock people?

In fairness, it's kind of shocking that a man who's had some success in life lie Snyder has can continue to not recognize how terribly things are going with his organization.

In that sense, every day he doesn't wake up and realize he needs to change something is kind of shocking. 

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Never underestimate the power of self-delusion within an organization.

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

In fairness, it's kind of shocking that a man who's had some success in life lie Snyder has can continue to not recognize how terribly things are going with his organization.

In that sense, every day he doesn't wake up and realize he needs to change something is kind of shocking. 

He’s changed a lot since his first year. 

His problem isn’t that he doesn’t change. It’s that he doesn’t adapt. 

And THAT has been going on for 20 years

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I was hoping Trent would stay home so that we could retain those 2 years left on his contract.

I think only having 1 year left on his current deal may hurt his value, I hope I'm wrong.

It definitely does. 

It's another reason waiting to trade him is so monumentally stupid. 

Archived