Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I'm probably going to defend Dan & Bruce as much if not more than anyone else, but I assure you this is not Bruce, Dan or Larry Michael :)

Been reading the forums the past few years and figured another viewpoint would be beneficial....I fully expect to be ripped...it's all good!

I don't think it's fair to criticize them until the situation is resolved....if at the end of the day they get less than 1st round value, Bruce deserves to get destroyed.

I'm more worried about trading Kerrigan, Thompson, Vernon and anyone else who has any value and should not be back next year.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Why? It's kinda cool that Bruce Allen posts here!

TIL that saying a 1st round pick isn't enough for the elite, devoted, and respected heart and leader of the defense for the past 8 years makes someone Bruce Allen. I know that "culture" is now the password for cult meetings now, but Kerrigan is part of the little bit of good culture left on this team, something that the team needs to be built on. The team is going to need someone to anchor it in the years ahead. Phillip Daniels did it 10 years ago. Kerrigan is doing it today, and Kerrigan is one of the few players I want to stay on the team until he retires.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  You are preaching to the choir.  I've been saying they can get a first AND more.    Heck multiple national and local reporters have flat out said they've been offered a first.  

The key word is "more".   I would not trade him for just a 1st round pick.....I would do the rumored Browns trade from last week...if we could flip Njoku for OJ Howard.

According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, general manager John Dorsey is "concentrating his efforts" on the Washington Redskins, New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles in an effort to find "starting-caliber offensive tackles."

Per Robinson, Trent Williams remains the preferred target but the organization has made backup plans in case a deal can't be completed.

Williams has been a holdout for the Redskins since training camp, mostly because of a fractured relationship with general manager Bruce Allen and the medical team, as Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported in July. 

The seven-time Pro Bowler doesn't plan to play for Washington again despite being under contract through 2020.

This has led Dorsey to actively pursue a Williams deal for the past six weeks, per Robinson, but the other side doesn't want to make a move.

"It's to the point of being a personal thing now between Trent and Bruce," a source said. "I don't think Bruce is going to back down from it now."

One backup option for the Browns appears to be Nate Solder, who remains the starting left tackle for the Giants. The Eagles won't likely trade one of their high-level starters, but backup Halapoulivaati Vaitai could potentially be available.

It's clear Cleveland wants to do something after running out of patience with starter Greg Robinson.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2859510-browns-trade-rumors-cle-contacting-redskins-giants-eagles-for-help-at-lt

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

TIL that saying a 1st round pick isn't enough for the elite, devoted, and respected heart and leader of the defense for the past 8 years makes someone Bruce Allen. I know that "culture" is now the password for cult meetings now, but Kerrigan is part of the little bit of good culture left on this team, something that the team needs to be built on. The team is going to need someone to anchor it in the years ahead. Phillip Daniels did it 10 years ago. Kerrigan is doing it today, and Kerrigan is one of the few players I want to stay on the team until he retires.

Don't get me wrong, I love Kerrigan. And you're right he's been the heart and soul of this defense for a while. But the fact remains there's not as much tread left on those 31 year old tires. He's on pace for his lowest sack total by a country mile and he's only got one year left on his contract at 11.5. Wouldn't make sense to re-sign someone who will be 33 when his deal is done so at best you're keeping him here for the duration of his contract. Kerrigan has been synonymous with the Redskins in that while his numbers look good, he's really never been anything more than a really good player. He was never dominant nor was he ever a player the defense was built around. Right now the defense belongs to Jonathan Allen and Duron Payne. Those are the anchors we need to build around. Two players in their mid-twenties that could be here for the next decade. 

Also, no team would give up a first for Kerrigan. JPP was 29 when he was traded from NYG to TB and he only netted the team a 3rd. Alec Ogletree was 28 when he was dealt and only netted a conditional 4th. If teams were going to trade first rounders, it's going to be for positional scarcity (LT, CB) not OLB. 

27 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Maybe, just maybe, Bruce has Dorsey by the balls, and Dorsey is about to cough up a nice haul Bruce's way  :744:

Yep, and maybe, just maybe, we'll go 14-0 from here on out and win the Super Bowl.

I think my option is infinitely more likely. #pleasebewrong

I am to the point now that no matter what we get we will lose the deal.   If I heard we got Mahomes, Barkley, Julio Jones, Travis Kelce and Bill Belicheck for Jeremy Sprinkle I d have to believe Mahomes would quit to play baseball,  Barkley would become a pacifist who couldn't hit someone and play football, Jones would  pursue his rapping career, Klece would sign an exclusive reality series deal that would prohibited from playing football, and Belicheck would switch to his second career choice of moedling 3 piece suits.

I mean honestly, when have the SKINS ever really one a deal?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  You are preaching to the choir.  I've been saying they can get a first AND more.    Heck multiple national and local reporters have flat out said they've been offered a first.  

I think most of the people on here say we can't get a first in the offseason.  There's been very few who say something like Trent is only worth a third and most of them have shut up

52 minutes ago, carex said:

I think most of the people on here say we can't get a first in the offseason.  There's been very few who say something like Trent is only worth a third and most of them have shut up

I absolutely think the Redskins could have got more than a 1st this season but I also believe there is a strong possibility that in the end all we'll get is a 3rd and a comp 3rd at that, due to the ineptitude of Allen (He's managed to achieve that before after all).

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ive had real life humans, in these organizations, tell me what’s being discussed before it’s mentioned publicly - & when it’s mentioned publicly - the real life ES humans - scoff. The internet is a place where we all get to be right, about everything, even when nothing we say is right, like when Bruce @carex Allen tells people they were wrong about the Redskins being terrible ... despite, presumably, having access to the internet.

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

TIL that saying a 1st round pick isn't enough for the elite, devoted, and respected heart and leader of the defense for the past 8 years makes someone Bruce Allen. I know that "culture" is now the password for cult meetings now, but Kerrigan is part of the little bit of good culture left on this team, something that the team needs to be built on.

6A4177DE-4E4B-4680-A907-FCFD20B80FE5.gif

32 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Ive had real life humans, in these organizations, tell me what’s being discussed before it’s mentioned publicly - & when it’s mentioned publicly - the real life ES humans - scoff. The internet is a place where we all get to be right, about everything, even when nothing we say is right, like when Bruce @carex Allen tells people they were wrong about the Redskins being terrible ... despite, presumably, having access to the internet.

You've shared who you know in this business and its an impressive list.  I've trusted what you've heard.  The thing about there being demand and an offer that includes a first is echoed by other national-local reporters, too.  Only mystery is has that market cooled over time?

I think you need a lot of imagination to believe just about everyone is wrong.   Especially the idea that no one is offering much for Trent.  Yeah a 2nd tier RB fetches a 3rd rounder.  A 2nd tier receiver fetches a 2nd rounder.  A good but not great LT fetches an insane haul.  Another 2nd tier aging receiver fetches multiple picks.  Yet, a 7 time pro bowl LT has little market and teams are offering a ham sandwich for the dude.

For all that stuff to be true...

giphy.gif

Now if people want to contend Bruce is playing this to right to the end of the deadline and will end up getting more for the dude -- I can go on that ride.  It's possible.  But the idea that we'd be better off just holding off until the off season or Trent doesn't have a good market unlike the other guys who teams have overpaid for -- I don't buy that. 

2 hours ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

I'm probably going to defend Dan & Bruce as much if not more than anyone else

Why? Can I get some sort of one paragraph thesis? 

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Kerrigan is part of the little bit of good culture left on this team, something that the team needs to be built on.

He is? Kerrigan is fine but he's gotta be the most consistently invisible double-digit sack guy ever. He's the definition of a good player who in the end is a compiler. 

The team is going to need someone to anchor it in the years ahead. Phillip Daniels did it 10 years ago.

What exactly in your mind did Phillip Daniels anchor here in those years? 

It’s just odd how much a human will value convincing themselves that a previously held belief was right despite any/all information to the contrary. People have been condition to associate being correct about meaningless details with their own personal intelligence & even their value. We must break down these walls and realize we’re all vulnerable lost entities in outer space who are better off traveling through discussion detached from right/wrong. Every conversation is exploratory, just a piece to add to the next starting point; when we become stubborn/prideful we find ourselves at the exact same starting point day after day, year after year. Modern day exploration is of the mind... dangerous waters, but nearly always in good company if you allow pride to drift away.

2CADF703-0D1C-45FA-B496-542C2E8CB7F8.gif

16 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I absolutely think the Redskins could have got more than a 1st this season but I also believe there is a strong possibility that in the end all we'll get is a 3rd and a comp 3rd at that, due to the ineptitude of Allen (He's managed to achieve that before after all).

we are not just getting a comp third.  Because if we are petty enough to hold onto Trent and he's willing to play the minimum games needed to exhaust his contract we'd be spiteful enough to not let him hit free agency, so here's how it goes.  This year and next year at ages 31 and 32 he plays six games a year.  Then we franchise him for the next three years ages 33-35.  Finally he hit free agency at age 36 having played 12 games in five years, but none in the last three he is a free agent and no one is taking a chance on him

36 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I'm getting a little sick of the mocking comments volsmet

5 minutes ago, carex said:

we are not just getting a comp third.  Because if we are petty enough to hold onto Trent and he's willing to play the minimum games needed to exhaust his contract we'd be spiteful enough to not let him hit free agency, so here's how it goes.  This year and next year at ages 31 and 32 he plays six games a year.  Then we franchise him for the next three years ages 33-35.  Finally he hit free agency at age 36 having played 12 games in five years, but none in the last three he is a free agent and no one is taking a chance on him

You're right we could get nothing for him. He'd sign the Franchise tag and get paid 6 games worth for each year under that plan (Yep sit out every year - 2 can be spiteful after all and he'd still make an enormous amount of money I'd imagine over 2 million a game by the 3rd year).

6 minutes ago, carex said:

I have not yet made a list, but if I do make a list of things I care about, I suspect your thoughts won’t be on it. 

On 8/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, carex said:

the people who expect us to win 4-6 games are clueless. 

Archived