Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

The Redskins are shuffling their feet and publicly refusing to consider trading disgruntled left tackle Trent Williams before next week’s trade deadline. The Williams situation is sensitive and complicated, but Allen’s pettiness makes it worse. There is also diminishing hope that they can come to terms with Pro Bowl guard Brandon Scherff on a contract extension.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/the-kirk-cousins-bowl-really-was-a-matchup-of-one-team-with-title-hopes-and-the-redskins/2019/10/24/6d56ea00-f688-11e9-8cf0-4cc99f74d127_story.html

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Does he need to be active if he's here? I thought he just needed to report. 

It's not something I've followed super closely because I figured we'd either trade him or not, and if not, it doesn't really matter to me again until the offseason begins and we can trade him again.

He has to be on the roster for the final 6 games (games 11-16/weeks 12-17). Redskins can shelve him for 2 weeks (Keep him off the roster - with the bye involved he can show up after week 9 and be assured he'll get an accrued season).

8 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

How is this possible?  This is the kind of stuff I read on this forum thats very tough to believe.  Two grown men in charge of a billion dollar corporation but they have no clue what their consumers think?

What's easier to believe is that they want the media to believe this farce because then they don't have to address the problem.

Is anyone buying this crap?

They know full well that their product is a festering turd that no fan wants any part of. They just can't tell us all that they really don't give a 💩

They make their money with or without fan support.

For instance, here is Dan mourning after another tough loss where almost 0 Redskins fans showed up:

wp688488d1_0a_06.jpg

This team is dead in the water because of the offense.The defense has play good enough to win 4 games.They did enough against San Francisco,New York,Miami and Minnesota to win. They need to sell on everyone on offensive side of the ball besides Scary Terry.Trading Trent and Brandon would supply the needed resorces (high draft picks and cap spce ) to replace almost everyone on offense next year and continue to improve the defense. Other than Terry no one on this offense has shown to be a valuable asset for this teams future.Some will say Brandon is a valuable member of the future but he not playing the best and will be paid like he is the best.I believe the cap space and draft picks we could get would be more valuable in the future to this team than keeping him.

1 hour ago, Ghedrick said:

This team is dead in the water because of the offense.The defense has play good enough to win 4 games.They did enough against San Francisco,New York,Miami and Minnesota to win. They need to sell on everyone on offensive side of the ball besides Scary Terry.Trading Trent and Brandon would supply the needed resorces (high draft picks and cap spce ) to replace almost everyone on offense next year and continue to improve the defense. Other than Terry no one on this offense has shown to be a valuable asset for this teams future.Some will say Brandon is a valuable member of the future but he not playing the best and will be paid like he is the best.I believe the cap space and draft picks we could get would be more valuable in the future to this team than keeping him.

Trading Scherf now will provide less than we'd get for him if he leaves as a free agent - no team  is going to give a 3rd round pick for a player who will be a free agent in just 8 more games.

50 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Trading Scherf now will provide less than we'd get for him if he leaves as a free agent - no team  is going to give a 3rd round pick for a player who will be a free agent in just 8 more games.

Being that the 49ers sent a third and fourth for a 32 year old Wr (who is going to be a free agent ) and a fifth rounder I don't see your point. A team  would definitely give up more than a third rounder for Brandon.

Just now, Ghedrick said:

Being the 49ers sent a third and fourth for a 32 year old Wr (who is going to be a free agent ) and a fifth rounder I don't see your point. A team  would definitely give up more than a third rounder for Brandon.

plus they get the rights to do things like apply the franchise and transition tag to him.

54 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Being that the 49ers sent a third and fourth for a 32 year old Wr (who is going to be a free agent ) and a fifth rounder I don't see your point. A team  would definitely give up more than a third rounder for Brandon.

Yeah maybe. I concede the point.

12 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

They know full well that their product is a festering turd that no fan wants any part of. They just can't tell us all that they really don't give a 💩

They make their money with or without fan support.

For instance, here is Dan mourning after another tough loss where almost 0 Redskins fans showed up:

wp688488d1_0a_06.jpg

This picture looks like Portofino Italy.   A lot of rich people go there every Summer.  The small harbor is filled with yachts.

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For NO money! Fines taken from game checks. Every minor infraction = fines. Conduct detrimental to team suspension. Daily conditioning drills...anything and everything the Coach can throw at him. THEN do it again next year..screw the draft pick

8 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

For NO money! Fines taken from game checks. Every minor infraction = fines. Conduct detrimental to team suspension. Daily conditioning drills...anything and everything the Coach can throw at him. THEN do it again next year..screw the draft pick

Maybe they should even waterboard him?  

My god.

Not sure if the rumor was true but if you have a chance to get Denzel Ward, plus 2nd rounder, in exchange for TW then you do it immediately... Norman is garbage and Moreau is burnt toast. Ward would be excellent alongside Dunbar/Moreland.

Or switch Ward for Njoku, also with the 2nd rounder, still a great deal and allows us to get rid of Reed/Davis off the books. 

8 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Not sure if the rumor was true but if you have a chance to get Denzel Ward, plus 2nd rounder, in exchange for TW then you do it immediately... Norman is garbage and Moreau is burnt toast. Ward would be excellent alongside Dunbar/Moreland.

Or switch Ward for Njoku, also with the 2nd rounder, still a great deal and allows us to get rid of Reed/Davis off the books. 

Shows how far we have fallen, but the Browns do have a lot to offer us that we really could use. Pretty sure one of the mods started a thread a while back that would be apt right now.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Shows how far we have fallen, but the Browns do have a lot to offer us that we really could use. Pretty sure one of the mods started a thread a while back that would be apt right now.

I'd take Greg Robinson as part of the package... sounds like on their message boards that Njoku is a big trade piece as well as their DB's (Ward, I assume).

Most of them have moved on to Solder or Vaitai as the next options since it sounds like BA is still a douchebag.

16 hours ago, nonniey said:

He has to be on the roster for the final 6 games (games 11-16/weeks 12-17). Redskins can shelve him for 2 weeks (Keep him off the roster - with the bye involved he can show up after week 9 and be assured he'll get an accrued season).

They can fail his physical for his head injury as a non football injury and place him on the NFI list. He would not get an accrued season and his contract would toll. It would end up as an NFLPA grievance in front of an arbitrator, but that’s how the Redskins should handle it.

Archived