Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Damn...I wanted Hall.

Brugler on Ismael:

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at San Diego State, Ismael was the starting center in former offensive coordinator Jeff Horton’s scheme. He had been a mainstay on the Aztecs’ offensive line (at right guard and center) the last three seasons, including playing 99.2% of the team’s 962 offensive snaps in 2019. With his eager play style, Ismael is quick to engage and get to work, relying on leverage and upper body power to clear running room. While efficient off the snap, his frame is likely maxed out and his play strength doesn’t always match his intentions, leaving smaller margin for error. Overall, Ismael too often finds himself on his toes or skates, but he has excellent initial quickness, intelligence and toughness, projecting as an immediate NFL backup who will push for starting reps at either center or guard.

Just now, mhd24 said:

Keith Ismael, C. San Diego State.  Kind of surprised they went here considering Piersbacher was drafted last year as a developmental center.

Reading his profile on NFL.com looks like he can play guard as well.  Looks to be a pretty good prospect.  Time  will tell

Just now, mhd24 said:

Keith Ismael, C. San Diego State.  Kind of surprised they went here considering Piersbacher was drafted last year as a developmental center.

3 time All Mountain West, played C, RG and LG

Pierkkkkkkkkkk isn't very good

Just now, sportsnut said:

Dallas takes best remaining center right before us and then we settle for second best.  We seem to always do that.   Like taking Campbell right after Rodgers in 2005.

Like Diontae Johnson and Jalen Hurd going right before Terry McLaurin....

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think we're switching to a zone blocking scheme.

Gawd I hope so. I absolutely HATED Gruden's "power" running scheme, which jumbled all 22 people up on the field in between the numbers, and was always good for +/- 1.5 yards.

Plus our OL were all weak and couldn't power anyone off the LOS ever.

ZBS is where it's at.

Archived