Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I liked Ismael. He was C6 for me. But not by a lot. 5-6 had a lot of wiggle for me. People are sold on Harris. I’m not one of them that think he’s that much better, if at all, than Ismael. Ismael likely needs a year but can develop into a starter to replace Roullier. 

Why would we need to replace Roullier?  Roullier is an above average center in this league , so Ismael would really have to outperform his projections to be considered an upgrade.

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Why would we need to replace Roullier?  Roullier is an above average center in this league , so Ismael would really have to outperform his projections to be considered an upgrade.

I think he may. But so can Piersbacherman. Roullier is going to cost a bit to re-sign I think and I’m not sure he’s worth the contract versus the guys behind him. At the very least giving him real competition is intelligent 

Just now, DefinitelyMaybe said:

My only single gripe with this draft, not having a TE really hurt us last year and it’s going to hurt again this year too

Its not a very good TE class this year but some real competition would have been a real positive for us imo

At this point, gotta hope that Logan Thomas steps up, no way he can be worse than Sprinkle

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah why not a 2023 1st??

Teams don't do this, dealing top two round picks multiple years into the future. You just have no idea what situation your team will be in by then

Smart teams do. Smart teams build a golden loom of draft picks, bad teams focus on immediate gratification. The whole point of having a GM in any sport is to have someone operating the long view, while the coach operates the day to day, and as for the concern with the pick, don't be disingenuous. There is a pandemic ravaging the world that's already caused trillions of damage to the world economy, and caused the shut down of literally every single sport everywhere except for like a soccer league in Belarus. There's a massive concern that college football will be a dead letter in 2020, non-viable because of the size of the crowds and teams involved, which will then likely lead to a heavy impact on the 2020 Supplemental Draft, as well as the 2021 NFL Draft, potentially resulting in both a fattened up '20 Supplemental draft beyond anything seen before (phone for you, Travis Etienne, and Chubba Hubbard) as well as players deciding to skip the '21 draft for the '22. This would be a terrible idea for RB's, and generally speaking it locks in a lost year of career earnings for players who do it, but for many players, they needed '20 to improve their Draft Prospect CV, and w/o they'll have to look long and hard at either showing up for the NFL not ready, and possibly w/lower draft capital and guaranteed money, or they can give up the idea of the '21 draft to try and ramp up their valuation for the '22 draft.

Ergo, it is much smarter to be banking '22 draft assets right now than '21 and the only exceptions are probably w/regards to RB (where it's grand Mal idiocy to play even 1 season more than you have to) and to some of the epic blue chip players at the top of the class no matter if the season is cancelled or not (Lawrence, Fields, some of those ridiculous WR prospects etc).

Teams are willfully stupid and short sited, most of them have been and continue to be, it doesn't matter, that's not an excuse for trying to find a better, smarter, more efficient approach to this thing, and one of the most smarter, better and more efficient techniques is to take advantage of the devalued aspect of future picks, especially when a draft is under so many clouds of uncertainty like the '21 draft. 

1 minute ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

My only single gripe with this draft, not having a TE really hurt us last year and it’s going to hurt again this year too

Its not a very good TE class this year but some real competition would have been a real positive for us imo

Second draft in a row I have felt that way.

It really hurt them last year when there a lot of good all purpose TE's available

2 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

At this point, gotta hope that Logan Thomas steps up, no way he can be worse than Sprinkle

With 2 career TD’s ima hazard a guess it’s unlikely 

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Second draft in a row I have felt that way.

It really hurt them last year when there a lot of good all purpose TE's available

Yep, it made us so predictable last season, funny thing is Scott Turners offences depend heavily on TE play, I’m struggling to think of a positive between any of the ones we have

Archived