Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

33 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hockenson already there...never understand these UDFA decisions unless we didn't even call. I know it's a FCFS scramble right now though

Same. If you're a TE, the Redskins would have to be your #1 choice. Not only is there a good change to make the roster, but you could legitly start even as an UDFA. Granted, there has to be mutual interest. Players often seem to pick poor situations for some reason or another.

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Seriously, what do ppl see in Moss’ game? 

So... He's dog **** slow, has injury issues and he wasn't as involved in an offense as you'd like a TE prospect to be.

But:

He also didn't drop a single pass this season, he's a better than okay blocker, he's a smart route runner and he has a pedigree.

Oh, and he may actually be better (but less athletic) as both a receiver and a blocker than anyone on our roster.

The athleticism and injuries are major factors, of course. Hence why he went undrafted. He'll have to earn his spot, but he could be a featured Y for us if he makes it through the initial stage.

Moss was an absolute stud this year with Burrow. How much more production did you want from him when Burrow had basically four first round talent options ahead of him? And he still showed out. Burrow had CEH, Chase, Jefferson, and Marshall to pick from this season. The main concern with Moss are the foot injuries but he can block and catches everything thrown his way. If anything we have another great Redzone target. Educate yourself. 

If if he didn’t have a broken foot during the physical/combine he’s a 3rd or 4th rounder. Just unfortunate but our gain.

I said a lot on this thread Moss doesn't deserve to go early but would be cool with him late in the draft.  As a UDFA, I really dig that.  IMO, he's better than Sprinkle.  He can block, he has great hands.  His weakness is he's not dynamic, doesn't separate well and isn't a YAC guy.  But I'd take a sure handed TE who can block over Sprinkle any day of the week.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So... He's dog **** slow, has injury issues and he wasn't as involved in an offense as you'd like a TE prospect to be.

But:

He also didn't drop a single pass this season, he's a better than okay blocker, he's a smart route runner and he has a pedigree.

Oh, and he may actually be better (but less athletic) as both a receiver and a blocker than anyone on our roster.

The athleticism and injuries are major factors, of course. Hence why he went undrafted. He'll have to earn his spot, but he could be a featured Y for us if he makes it through the initial stage.

Agree. I think Moss is a simple dude to figure out

IMO

Good blocker

Great hands

Slowish -- not much of a seperator

Not a YAC guy.

I do think some of his hype is his name and his most famous catch was against Alabama which was a game that many saw.  I haven't loved him.  I saw him as a late rounder.  But still for me he's a clear upgrade over Sprinkle.  So I am jazzed they signed him.   

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Ravens signed Josh Nurse and Jacob Breeland, two of my guys.  I think they had the best draft in the league.  That is an enviable organization.

It's almost like DeCosta was trying to outdo my Ravens mock draft lol. 

Yeah, I really liked what the Ravens, Broncos, and even the Colts did. 

Archived