Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I listened to Lombardo.  In short he said the team was taken by surprise by how the WR took off and they don't want to be punished for waiting -- in other words they want something more similar to the contracts given before the off season set off the market.

The rest of it seem to be him spit balling.  He used to cover the Eagles and he doesn't care for Wentz.  And he just assumes that Wentz won't work out hence the team must also be hesitant about Wentz and is already thinking hard of what next when Wentz doesn't work out.   He thinks they don't in the end find common ground with Terry and end up trading him -- he mentioned the Colts and he thinks they can get a good bounty for him.  

This would be an epic fail for Ron and what he's trying to accomplish here culture wise.  This particular deal is about much, much more than just the actual player.  

This mindset of the team not wanting to have to pay up more just because they waited is absolute nonsense, a veritable gutter-garbage, elementary school mindset. 

Doesn't work that way, Ron.  You decided to wait.  The market went up.  You pay what the market demands today, not what it did a few months ago.  This type of amateur mindset just serves to underscore why I have zero faith Ron's gonna build anything here even remotely close to his vision.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

I said earlier this is on Ron. Period! I’m sure a big contract has Dan’s final say but I think the front office is just not efficient. 

Look at the JD situation. It’s not like the Bills offered him a huge contract but we didn’t offer him anything prior to him committing to the Bills. You can’t blame JD and luckily he changed his mind after we finally offered the same contract. 

This shows me the ineptness of the front office. Ron being defacto GM with Mayhew with the title just isn’t working!

• Like 1

There’s no way this Lombardo guy is familiar with Rivera’s thinking, sorry. He’s just flapping his lips.

I’m unhappy with how Rivera’s approached this and I think they’ve bungled it from the start with the way they arbitrarily (or maybe not arbitrarily if it’s about Snyder $$ but I can’t make every post about that) decided to go about this, purposefully waiting. Again, I think they are failing to get it done right now. But I don’t think what this Lombardo guy is saying—about how they want to pretend FA didn’t happen and get pre-FA prices—I don’t think that speculation makes sense at all. If it’s true, then Rivera is not only in over his head but actually is a world-class moron. And while I’m not his biggest fan, I would not put that label on him at all. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know how much McLaurin and his agent are asking for?  I hear "far apart" a lot -- Is it Washington low-balling?  Or are McLaurin & his agent, Buddy Baker, trying to reset the WR market price?  

Edited by Wyvern

1 minute ago, Conn said:

There’s no way this Lombardo guy is familiar with Rivera’s thinking, sorry. He’s just flapping his lips.

I’m unhappy with how Rivera’s approached this and I think they’ve bungled it from the start with the way they arbitrarily (or maybe not arbitrarily if it’s about Snyder $$ but I can’t make every post about that) decided to go about this, purposefully waiting. Again, I think they are failing to get it done right now. But I don’t think what this Lombardo guy is saying—about how they want to pretend FA didn’t happen and get pre-FA prices—I don’t think that speculation makes sense at all. If it’s true, then Rivera is not only in over his head but actually is a world-class moron. And while I’m not his biggest fan, I would not put that label on him at all. 

Yeah I dont buy this at all. Yes Ron is in charge and head of football operations. And yes Ron has final say in all decisions. However, he also has two legitimate GMs in the building. One of which despite the Commanthers jokes built a roster that went 15-1 and was in the super bowl. Its not like the F/O is run by a bunch of idiots that have no clue whatsoever what they are doing despite what some would have you believe

• Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Does anyone know how much McLaurin and his agent are asking for?  I hear "far apart" a lot -- Is it Washington low-balling?  Or are McLaurin & his agent, Buddy Baker, trying to reset the WR market price?  

None of us knows what Terry is asking for. We are all guessing at this point. All the posts are mostly about getting him signed especially before the wide receiver market blew up. Ron and company should have seen this coming especially when Kirk who sucks got his new deal from the Jags. 

44 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Neil Patrick Harris Spit Take GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Didn't think the odds were quite that high, but if people are starting to get that kinda vibe its gonna start attracting sharks.

There were questions early in the offseason if other teams were poking around McLauren and they were kinda rebuffed. If they feel this situation is angling away from Washington, your gonna get several teams trying to poke their heads in and see what kind of deal it would take to pry him lose.

I don't think the chances of a trade right now are as high as this reporter put them as but now that we are getting stories headlining on ESPN about Terry missing camp, the looming reports of Terry racking up fines for missing minicamp and reporters being less confident in the idea Terry stays, that could serve to promote some escalation efforts from other clubs. Less than ideal.

Edited by FootballZombie

6 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

The issue really isn’t cash flow. I can’t believe that is still being debated. It’s whether we think Terry is worth a 4 year 100mil extension. I can understand the FO caution to be honest, however key Terry appears to our short term success, both on and off the field.

To your point, is the WR position becoming one where the franchise tag may be cheaper than a long term deal? My understanding is that Baltimore can franchise tag Lamar Jackson and he'll make/be cheaper than if they give him a DeShawn Watson contract? Who knows how we're looking at this? Terry is a great, great WR but we can have him for two more seasons at less money by franchising him then giving him the big time deal now? Makes me wonder if Dotson was picked for a reason (besides his 1st round talent)? Add the fact that we're not sure if we even have a long term QB and it makes you wonder what's the best way to play it with Terry....not to mention the other guys coming up on long term deals? 

Just now, kingdaddy said:

To your point, is the WR position becoming one where the franchise tag may be cheaper than a long term deal? My understanding is that Baltimore can franchise tag Lamar Jackson and he'll make/be cheaper than if they give him a DeShawn Watson contract? Who knows how we're looking at this? Terry is a great, great WR but we can have him for two more seasons at less money by franchising him then giving him the big time deal now? Makes me wonder if Dotson was picked for a reason (besides his 1st round talent)? Add the fact that we're not sure if we even have a long term QB and it makes you wonder what's the best way to play it with Terry....not to mention the other guys coming up on long term deals? 

Good point, KD.  Let's see if they change anything with FA or salaries in the offseason next year if they don't get a deal done this year and do franchise him.  

2 hours ago, Wyvern said:

Listening to Sheehan’s podcast, nobody knows who’s offering what. 

Sheehan thinks it’s more likely Terry’s agent is asking for something more than he’s worth.  Standig thinks it’s the team nit offering enough.

Literally nobody knows.  Everybody is guessing.

As to the NFL reporter who thinks Terry will get traded, maybe.  But in order for that to happen there has to be a team willing to pay Terry what he wants salary wise AND who’s willing to part with probably a #1.

I see that as unlikely.  

Im guessing Terry’s agent leaked that to try and ratchet up the pressure on the team.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Listening to Sheehan’s podcast, nobody knows who’s offering what. 

Sheehan thinks it’s more likely Terry’s agent is asking for something more than he’s worth.  Standig thinks it’s the team nit offering enough.

Literally nobody knows.  Everybody is guessing.

As to the NFL reporter who thinks Terry will get traded, maybe.  But in order for that to happen there has to be a team willing to pay Terry what he wants salary wise AND who’s willing to part with probably a #1.

I see that as unlikely.  

Im guessing Terry’s agent leaked that to try and ratchet up the pressure on the team.  

If I had to guess Terry's side is pushing Brown while the team is pushing Moore. If Im being honest I would offer them the exact same deal as Brown right now. Pff cap guy had his projected contract at 5 years 115 52 gtd and 23 aav. Now I would make that offer all day and feel comfortable doing it. But I do wonder if Terrys side would want a contract that long. That's another reason I would offer the brown contract as it would allow Terry to potentially get another big deal after 2025 while also allowing the team to move on if necessary. Was listening to Bram today and he brought up a good point in regards to Terry as well. Bram brought up the point that JA got his big new deal and got better. Bram asked if anybody doubts that Terry would likely do the same. To be honest I think hes right just based off every thing that we know about Terry. 

No man, We are going to take care of this.
Just stop, We are going to take care of this. 

There is absolutely no way we are going to eff this up. 
Terry will get his $…

If he isn’t signed by the start of training camp, as JA was signed last year, then I will be very sad, very angry, begin throwing things and Freek the hell out.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's no all pro WR. Trade him and get a first. What's the issue? We drafted his replacement. That's great cap management.

Problem has been to find someone opposite Terry to help this Offense.

If we trade Terry right after we suppose that we drafted the one we needed to play opposite him, then you're back to the beginning and we'll need someone to play opposite to Dotson.

And btw, nobody knows if Dotson will play up to his potential. That remains to be seen.

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, ZarG3 said:

I'll say it again..

You don't rebrand and then trade away your star of the rebrand. Not only is it bad for business it makes you looking freaking stupid. No way in hell he gets traded.

I don't know if you're new around here but that's kind of how this team rolls.

Trading away TM would be the exclamation point on why this team can't get a stadium deal anywhere therefore it's likely to happen.

21 minutes ago, FrFan said:

It's more like 2 starting QBs and 6 that started. Pay him what he wants and take your chances. He is the brightest spot on your entire roster, at least right now. Why try to have to replace him just when you get a QB that can really utilize his strengths. 

FWIW - Lurch on The Junkies just said he's got a buddy tight with a few defensive line guys who said Buddy Baker is a really hard agent to work with.  The Junkies think the sticking point is likely guaranteed money, like Cooper Kupp range ($75mil).

As a whole all The Junkies think that report of 65/35% to be traded is bunk. 

Edited by HigSkin