Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Aj Brown contract is a pretty close comp. What ever Brown got so should Terry. This should not be hard. 

I disagree. Three wrs got a deal this off-season that I would say are pretty close comps. Dj Moore, Stephon Diggs and Brown I would argue are all good comps. Moore is 18.75 per, Diggs 21 per and Brown is technically 25 per so where exactly does Terry fall between those 3? 

The issue really isn’t cash flow. I can’t believe that is still being debated. It’s whether we think Terry is worth a 4 year 100mil extension. I can understand the FO caution to be honest, however key Terry appears to our short term success, both on and off the field.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I disagree. Three wrs got a deal this off-season that I would say are pretty close comps. Dj Moore, Stephon Diggs and Brown I would argue are all good comps. Moore is 18.75 per, Diggs 21 per and Brown is technically 25 per so where exactly does Terry fall between those 3? 

Diggs may be better then Terry it's hard to say. However,  Terry's Qb have all been in the bottom five in the league he is yet to play with average or above average Qb. It hard to know how well he would play if he had an average Qb. I have to think the number Terry put up would be better. The most important part to remember is Terry is willing to stay here. 

If he is willing to stay here pay him. You will not get a Wr as good as him to sign here. The extra money is for the fact he is willing to play in Washington. 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I think the fact that supposedly him and wentz have talked on a regular basis is much more indicative of whether he wants to be here or not than whether he’s reached out to Jahan or not 

Yea, I saw Wentz say that he has spoken to Terry but how much is still unknown plus it could have been one-sided with Wentz reaching out to Terry. 

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

The issue really isn’t cash flow. I can’t believe that is still being debated. It’s whether we think Terry is worth a 4 year 100mil extension. I can understand the FO caution to be honest, however key Terry appears to our short term success, both on and off the field.

If they had signed him months ago, before all of the others, they would be talking more like 4 years 70-80M at best. 

And it's not caution. They are the ones who waited until everybody else signed for more and they've had all this time to trade him. Notice how quick Andy Reid got Hill out of there for picks because he was going to be too expensive? If they think he's not worth it then they should have been getting a trade done before the draft. The Jets, Dolphins, Jags, maybe even some of the good teams like the Packers would have been interested. 

Once again, total FO buffoonery. Couldn't expect less!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I love everything about Terry.

But in the end he's an undersized, overachieving, soon to be 27 year old wide receiver. 

If we can parlay McLaurin into draft pick(s) that end up netting us  a legitimate opportunity to select a  franchise qb in next years loaded draft then damnit, make it  so.

This is groundhog day, because Snyder has always and will always make that pick as long as he's running this circus. He failed only once when he didn't have enough ammos to draft Sanchez.

Edited by FrFan
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Diggs may be better then Terry it's hard to say. However,  Terry's Qb have all been in the bottom five in the league he is yet to play with average or above average Qb. It hard to know how well he would play if he had an average Qb. I have to think the number Terry put up would be better. The most important part to remember is Terry is willing to stay here. 

If he is willing to stay here pay him. You will not get a Wr as good as him to sign here. The extra money is for the fact he is willing to play in Washington. 

Trust me I’m all about keeping Terry here at all costs. He’s my favorite player since Sean. I’m just pointing out I can understand why the comp is hard when the three wrs that are most comparable are so far apart money wise atleast on the surface 

7 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Trust me I’m all about keeping Terry here at all costs. He’s my favorite player since Sean. I’m just pointing out I can understand why the comp is hard when the three wrs that are most comparable are so far apart money wise atleast on the surface 

The comp are fair but I don't think any of the comps would be willing to play for Washington. You are going to have to pay Terry top dollar to stay in Washington.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

The comp are fair but I don't think any of the comps would be willing to play for Washington. You are going to have to pay Terry top dollar to stay in Washington.

I don’t disagree and I agree 100% this should have been done earlier. And to be honest I absolutely would give him the exact AJ Brown contract because as @Voice_of_Reasonhas correctly pointed out it’s really closer to 17 million a year than  25 a year and gives you a clear out after year three which would probably be good for us and honestly Terry as well. On the surface it would be reported and ran with by some fans that we got bent over but in all reality would be a win win for both us and Terry 

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

If they had signed him months ago, before all of the others, they would be talking more like 4 years 70-80M at best. 

And it's not caution. They are the ones who waited until everybody else signed for more and they've had all this time to trade him. Notice how quick Andy Reid got Hill out of there for picks because he was going to be too expensive? If they think he's not worth it then they should have been getting a trade done before the draft. The Jets, Dolphins, Jags, maybe even some of the good teams like the Packers would have been interested. 

Once again, total FO buffoonery. Couldn't expect less!

You see I don’t buy some of that either. We have damn poor tracks record, but he wasn’t signing for 70-80 mil. 

I do agree of the pre draft trade comment though. If we aren’t paying him he should have been shipped out before or during the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I don’t disagree and I agree 100% this should have been done earlier. And to be honest I absolutely would give him the exact AJ Brown contract because as @Voice_of_Reasonhas correctly pointed out it’s really closer to 17 million a year than  25 a year and gives you a clear out after year three which would probably be good for us and honestly Terry as well. On the surface it would be reported and ran with by some fans that we got bent over but in all reality would be a win win for both us and Terry 

If this team was not the mess that it is I would say you could fight with him but this team is a mess. We should be happy he is willing to play here.

He is a very good to great Wr probably top ten or so. With improved Qb play hard to say where he will rank.

• Like 1

Is Terry McLaurin Worth a $100 Million Extension?

Recently, ESPN and Spotrac have both listed McLaurin’s annual average value around at least $21 million per season, with four and five-year extensions guaranteeing him at least $50-million dollars............

Contract Projection: Five years, $115-million, $53-million total guaranteed.

Edited by FrFan

4 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If this team was not the mess that it is I would say you could fight with him but this team is a mess. We should be happy he is willing to play here.

He is a very good to great Wr probably top ten or so. With improved Qb play hard to say where he will rank.

I agree and I’ve pointed to Kupp as what can happen for Terry with good qb play. Now is Terry Kupp no they are different types of WRs but I could still see that type of jump. Perfect example is I made a post months ago with screen shots of how badly Terry abused diggs in the Dallas games even if the numbers don’t quite show that. Terrys agent even retweeted it and said tape don’t lie. That’s why I said last night that I know for a fact that his agent is paying attention to all of the uproar from our fans in regards to getting this deal done. 

• Like 1

I really like Terry, a very good player on the field and great guy in the locker room.  He is certainly a player you can build around.  I completely understand him trying to get every dollar he can in this contract considering the WRs significantly worth diminishing return as they age.

I also understand why a team would be concerned with any long term deal with a WR.  There are a bunch of them out there and if you don’t have an elite QB to take advantage of the top tier WR maybe you can get by with the less expensive second tier WR.

We have Samuel and Dotson, as they pick up targets that means fewer for Terry.  Do we have an elite QB to take advantage of our top tier WR?

if Ron thought we were close enough to offer Cooper more than $20 mill, I can’t see any logical reason Terry isn’t worth $20 mil a year.  Only significant change is Carson Wentz.  If you believe in Wentz, you have to sign Terry.  If not, maybe Terry is worth more to the team playing for another team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, evmiii said:

I really like Terry, a very good player on the field and great guy in the locker room.  He is certainly a player you can build around.  I completely understand him trying to get every dollar he can in this contract considering the WRs significantly worth diminishing return as they age.

I also understand why a team would be concerned with any long term deal with a WR.  There are a bunch of them out there and if you don’t have an elite QB to take advantage of the top tier WR maybe you can get by with the less expensive second tier WR.

We have Samuel and Dotson, as they pick up targets that means fewer for Terry.  Do we have an elite QB to take advantage of our top tier WR?

if Ron thought we were close enough to offer Cooper more than $20 mill, I can’t see any logical reason Terry isn’t worth $20 mil a year.  Only significant change is Carson Wentz.  If you believe in Wentz, you have to sign Terry.  If not, maybe Terry is worth more to the team playing for another team.

You’re right about we don’t know if Wentz can take Terry to another level. But I don’t think Terry is worth more to another team. I would argue that with everything considered Terry is worth more to this team than any other team in the league 

Terry on top of everything else seems like a player you can trust if he gets a big deal. When we signed Haynesworth more than half of us expected him to become an unmotivated bum. Anyone think Terry will stop working?

Every quality you want in a player: speed, drive, discipline, great at 50/50 balls, great in their system, always improving. Why the heck wouldn’t you sign him?

Finish the bathroom!

• Like 1

I listened to Lombardo.  In short he said the team was taken by surprise by how the WR took off and they don't want to be punished for waiting -- in other words they want something more similar to the contracts given before the off season set off the market.

The rest of it seem to be him spit balling.  He used to cover the Eagles and he doesn't care for Wentz.  And he just assumes that Wentz won't work out hence the team must also be hesitant about Wentz and is already thinking hard of what next when Wentz doesn't work out.   He thinks they don't in the end find common ground with Terry and end up trading him -- he mentioned the Colts and he thinks they can get a good bounty for him.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise