Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sometimes I think we forget what this organization is and get carried away talking about it as if it's normal.  I get it, we all do it - but all of our opinions, criticism, etc. should be colored by what we know about the state of this franchise.

Should Ron's seat be hot?  In normal places, yeah.  Here? Hell no - we are dealing with drama of epic proportion, the last thing anyone needs is Dan Snyder firing and attempting to overhaul this joint again.

Is Terry tradeable? I guess everyone is if the price is right - but I don't see what sense it makes to avoid paying him big $ and gamble on drafting a comparable player and waiting for them to develop.  As to how this is handled differently 'because Ashburn', this team is in the middle of a very ho-hum branding change - the last thing they can afford to do is let one of the only face of the franchise go.  Beyond that, Ron needs Terry now, not a hope and a prayer to develop a player like him later.  

It's silly to discard any narrative that points back to Dan's ineptitude playing some role in what ails us.  He's the common denominator in all of our failures in the past, just because we can't see his problems, doesn't mean they aren't prevalent in Ashburn.

Agree.

And to me the McKissic situation and Terry situation is apples to oranges.  Beat guys said at the time and I talked about it in the FA thread that they wanted the market to set the value on some of these players where they sensed the agent was asking for more than what they thought they were worth.  For McKissic they carried the point too far.

Ron gains nothing from waiting to negotiate with Terry.  Nada.   The only one who gains something to delay is Dan via either making money on his prinicpal ala what Albert Breer flat out said or makes it closer to when he gets his cash infusion from the NFL.   This is how it rolled mostly before Ron was here, too as for resigning their own.

If McKissic's agent is asking for 25% above what they think he will get in the market and they allow that to play out to make that point -- that isn't stupid.  He was too trusting to believe that McKissic would come back to them after getting the offer -- but in the end he ended up right.

It is stupid to let a market for a premium position escalate like they did for Terry.  So either I'd have to believe Ron is stupid which I don't or the one who has a proven record of being stupid Dan was behind it.  I'll buy its Dan based on that alone.  But then when you add Albert Breer flat out implied its Dan.  And you add that Dan is the only one who gains anything from the delay -- it makes it really hard for me to believe that Dan wasn't the cause for this inepititude.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, London Kev said:

The Bills (a Super Bowl favourite) offered JD a contract. The Commanders (a favourite to go 3-14 according to some) offered JD a similar contract. JD decided to accept our offer, and you conclude that this shows the ineptness of the front office, Ron in particular.

How could you possibly come to that conclusion? You asserted that he only changed his mind due to luck. How could you know that? and what does it even mean?

The front office have done a lot of dumbass things over the years, but signing McKissic, when he had an offer from the Bills on the table is not one of them.

Sorry but what I wrote is what happened. Here’s some background on the situation with JD. 

It appears that Commanders running back J.D. McKissic had a change of heart on where he wanted to play next season. McKissic, who reportedly signed a two-year deal worth $7 million with the Bills on Tuesday, made a decision to remain with Washington on Wednesday for the same price, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter

The Commanders initially didn’t offer McKissic a deal until he agreed to one in Buffalo, according to his agents Doug Hendrickson and CJ LaBoy. Per Schefter, when McKissic heard the Commanders were willing to match his Bills’ offer, he decided that he did not want to leave Washington. 

Before Tuesday’s report of him signing a deal with Buffalo, McKissic had previously stated that he wanted to remain with the Commanders in January. According to The Washington Post, in addition to McKissic’s desire, the Commanders publicly expressed interest in keeping the running back on the team. 

2 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Sorry but what I wrote is what happened. Here’s some background on the situation with JD. 

It appears that Commanders running back J.D. McKissic had a change of heart on where he wanted to play next season. McKissic, who reportedly signed a two-year deal worth $7 million with the Bills on Tuesday, made a decision to remain with Washington on Wednesday for the same price, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter

The Commanders initially didn’t offer McKissic a deal until he agreed to one in Buffalo, according to his agents Doug Hendrickson and CJ LaBoy. Per Schefter, when McKissic heard the Commanders were willing to match his Bills’ offer, he decided that he did not want to leave Washington. 

Before Tuesday’s report of him signing a deal with Buffalo, McKissic had previously stated that he wanted to remain with the Commanders in January. According to The Washington Post, in addition to McKissic’s desire, the Commanders publicly expressed interest in keeping the running back on the team. 

That was literally their plan the entire time. Mayhew said so publicly that they planned to let them talk to other teams to see what other teams were willing to give them. Hes literally saying here PUBLICLY that yes we havent made an offer, yes you can talk to other teams but if you get an offer let us know and we will see what we can do. Thats why the optics of the Buffalo thing looks as bad as it does. JDs agent never gave the Team the chance to match even though this is where JD wanted to be. Once the team found out about the offer they immediately called his agent and said we will match it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

But the last two sentences show that the team did communicate that they wanted to keep JD, and kind of contradicts what @Conn was saying.

JD said he wanted to stay and the team said that they wanted him to stay. He secured a deal with another team that we matched, and he signed with us. That doesn't sound very inept to me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, London Kev said:

But the last two sentences show that the team did communicate that they wanted to keep JD, and kind of contradicts what @Conn was saying.

JD said he wanted to stay and the team said that they wanted him to stay. He secured a deal with another team that we matched, and he signed with us. That doesn't sound very inept to me.

They did express it after the season ended, but then didn’t check in again until he was about to sign with Buffalo, because he and his agent took their radio silence as a loss or lack of interest. It’s not hard to shoot a text or make a phone call and remind a guy you want him. They didn’t think we did when it came time to sign in FA, and got 90% of the way there with Buffalo which is why they were pissed—players don’t usually back out at that point but we sprung into action and made it known we wanted him. It’s both miscommunication and one-track mindednesses imo, and an incompetent look. We didn’t make McKissic feel wanted enough to have his agent bring those numbers back to us himself, and it required a last-minute intervention after the media had reported his  imminent signing in Buffalo (which pissed off the Bills) to keep him. So something about the way the team approached it was off, bc McKissic clearly preferred to be here (for some reason) and didn’t feel it was mutual by the time FA hit. All it would take is someone from our FO following up with our own guys throughout the process instead of saying something and then having radio silence for months. 

Edited by Conn

9 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Mayhew literally said publicly in an interview at the combine that they could talk to other teams and would like the chance to match (paraphrasing). JDs agent never gave the team the chance to match

1 minute ago, Conn said:

They did express it after the season ended, but then didn’t check in again until he was about to sign with Buffalo, because he and his agent took their radio silence as a loss or lack of interest. It’s not hard to shoot a text or make a phone call and remind a guy you want him. They didn’t think we did when it came time to sign in FA, and got 90% of the way there with Buffalo which is why they were pissed—players don’t usually back out at that point but we sprung into action and made it known we wanted him. It’s both miscommunication and one-track mindednesses imo, and an incompetent look. We didn’t make McKissic feel wanted enough to have his agent bring those numbers back to us himself, and it required a last-minute intervention that pissed off the Bills to keep him. So something about the way the team approached it was off. 

Thats because they told them they werent going to make an offer right then and they could talk to other teams but to keep them in mind. meaning they told them see what you can get and we will try to match. If they arent going to make an offer until youve talked to other teams why would they be constantly checking in?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Not sure what @Conn is saying but my original point is that our front office is inept with Ron at the helm. It’s one thing for them to say they want to keep a player. Another thing when they don’t even make any kind of concrete offer and then have to be reactive to the situation. We got lucky that JD wanted to stay here and backed out of the Bills offer. 

As for Terry, the front office should have done something way before free agency started when Christian Kirk signed a 4 year $72mil contract and started the whole wr market craziness. The guy never had a 1000 yard season and got 32mil guaranteed. 

The problem I think with Ron and Mayhew is that they think players like Terry will want to sign a hometown discount but then the market went crazy. I don’t blame Terry for wanting to get the most. Again Ron as the defacto GM is just not working. He reminds me of Mike Holmgren when he went to Seattle. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Mayhew literally said publicly in an interview at the combine that they could talk to other teams and would like the chance to match (paraphrasing).

I agree that the team said they PUBLICLY wanted to keep JD. But that shows the ineptness of the team. They should be in constant communication with the agent and player to express they want to keep him. Again they screwed up on this situation and doing the same with Terry. 

10 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Thats because they told them they werent going to make an offer right then and they could talk to other teams but to keep them in mind. meaning they told them see what you can get and we will try to match. If they arent going to make an offer until youve talked to other teams why would they be constantly checking in?

Are you serious? The team has an apparatus of a zillion FO people of varying roles and levels of importance—they should constantly be in touch with their own guys they want to sign, even if numbers aren’t what’s being discussed, even if they need to wait for FA to commence. I posted an article last month that was a journalist who followed an agent around during the final rounds of the draft and the beginning of the UDFA signing period—teams were calling him every half round after the start of the 5th, reiterating their interest even though the player was an UDFA target. Keeping themselves top of mind and making their interest known all through the process. That’s for one single UDFA target who probably won’t even make a roster in this league…you think less effort should be required for an actual good NFL player? It’s not hard to have an open dialogue with an agent or the player himself when it’s an in-house FA that you want back. It doesn’t make sense to pretend that saying something after the regular season ends and then nothing else for months is normal. 

Pretending this situation wasn’t bizarre is pointless. It’s clear JD didn’t feel wanted enough to tell his agent to bounce the numbers back to us when the Bills made their offer, even though he wanted to be here. You can tell that’s clear not only bc it’s been reported that way, but because our FO didn’t know he was about to sign until it was reported in the media! They didn’t get a chance to match, as would be the normal procedure—they found out it was going down and had to swoop in and steal him back, even though they were JD’s #1 choice. There’s no way to spin that other than they communicated poorly. It’s absolutely normal to keep an open dialogue and check in with your own players and their agents as FA approached and begins. They didn’t do that until it was almost too late. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

That was literally their plan the entire time. Mayhew said so publicly that they planned to let them talk to other teams to see what other teams were willing to give them. Hes literally saying here PUBLICLY that yes we havent made an offer, yes you can talk to other teams but if you get an offer let us know and we will see what we can do. Thats why the optics of the Buffalo thing looks as bad as it does. JDs agent never gave the Team the chance to match even though this is where JD wanted to be. Once the team found out about the offer they immediately called his agent and said we will match it.

Like or not like the approach is a different subject. But it indeed played out as it was telegraphed in advance.  The risk was assuming that the players would be willing to come back after getting that offer -- their risk paid off with McKissic but didn't pay off with Settle. 

Forgot which beat guy explained the strategy, it might have been Keim, but in short some of the players in the minds were asking for more than what they thought the market would give them.  So instead of being stuck at that negotiating impasse, they decideed to play the whole thing out.  Clearly, though if you play it out you are risking losing players which clearly they were willing to do. 

• Like 1

Bottom line when it comes to our front office. 

Ron/Mayhew = EBAY

Their strategy is wait till the last second to make a bid when the price has jacked up too high and then hoping the seller will take their paltry offer. Reactive as opposed to proactive. 

• Like 2

It will get done at some point, I think. Unless Dan really does have major cash flow issues that ultimate good soldier Ron doesn't dare reveal. That will be clear if no formal offer is ever made or if they just tout the yearly average Terry turns down, not the GTD money Snyder would have to fully fund. Even that would be hard to do nowadays -- the truth always comes out.

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Are you serious? The team has an apparatus of a zillion FO people of varying roles and levels of importance—they should constantly be in touch with their own guys they want to sign, even if numbers aren’t what’s being discussed, even if they need to wait for FA to commence. I posted an article last month that was a journalist who followed an agent around during the final rounds of the draft and the beginning of the UDFA signing period—teams were calling him every half round after the start of the 5th, reiterating their interest even though the player was an UDFA target. Keeping themselves top of mind and making their interest known all through the process. That’s for one single UDFA target who probably won’t even make a roster in this league…you think less effort should be required for an actual good NFL player? It’s not hard to have an open dialogue with an agent or the player himself when it’s an in-house FA that you want back. It doesn’t make sense to pretend that saying something after the regular season ends and then nothing else for months is normal. 

Pretending this situation wasn’t bizarre is pointless. It’s clear JD didn’t feel wanted enough to tell his agent to bounce the numbers back to us when the Bills made their offer, even though he wanted to be here. You can tell that’s clear not only bc it’s been reported that way, but because our FO didn’t know he was about to sign until it was reported in the media! They didn’t get a chance to match, as would be the normal procedure—they found out it was going down and had to swoop in and steal him back, even though they were JD’s #1 choice. There’s no way to spin that other than they communicated poorly. It’s absolutely normal to keep an open dialogue and check in with your own players and their agents as FA approached and begins. They didn’t do that until it was almost too late. 

Dude the combine was March 2nd. The FA period started on the 14th. If the team communicated to them that they werent offering anything right then and wanted to see what other teams offered first are they supposed to call JD and his agent every week and be like 'hey buddy! nope still no offer have you gotten any offers for us to try and match? Oh FA doesnt start until a month and a half from now you say? Well let me know if you hear anything ill call and check again next week to see if youve received any offer. and dont worry buddy just know we want you here!" they communicated with them their plan and reiterated that plan again publicly at the combine 12 days before the tampering period. Notice how neither Cam Sims nor Bobby Mccain the other two players mentioned publicly at the combine by Mayhew seemed to both get deals with no drama? Maybe they called those two every week to reiterate how much they loved them and wanted them but forgot to do that with JD

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

He’s the closest thing to untradeable on this team.  There’s a huge whole there without him.  A top 12 or so player at his position is a big deal.  And the only reason people are skeptical about his talent is because of the QB’s he’s played with.

There's a huge whole what? Way to leave us hangin...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep it was played out as it was telegraphed in advance.  The risk was assuming that the players would be willing to come back after getting that offer -- their risk paid off with McKissic but didn't pay off with Settle. 

I think Settle wanted more playing time and I dont think they were necessarily concerned if he walked or not. It also seemed to work out fairly well with Mccain and Sims as well.

14 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I think Settle wanted more playing time and I dont think they were necessarily concerned if he walked or not. It also seemed to work out fairly well with Mccain and Sims as well.

Agree.

I think the point that is missed by some is these were relatively low stakes players.   If I am bidding on EBAY and I am ok with losing on the bids I can be cheaper and let the market dictate the price and then decide whether to bid or not.  If I really really wanted something bad, I'll do whatever it takes because money is less the object in that context.

They offered for example to make Brandon Scherff the highest paid guard in the NFL.  But he wanted to hit FA.  They were aggressive with Chase Rouillier, some would say they might have even overpaid for him.  They kept Logan Thomas.   These are big players.  They aren't backups. 

It's not like they dilly dally all the time.  But if a player is asking for more than what they are wiling to give and that player they believe won't get that amount on the market -- and they are OK with losing said player -- why not play it out? 

I agree with some that they needed to have better communication with McKissic.  I recall one of the beat guys said the team told them that they did with McKissic's agent.  Who knows?  But in the end they pulled it off.

Even if people want to say that Rivera sleeps on every potential FA which is far from true -- how do they explain that just by chance Bruce's big in house resigning also happened in the summer?  Just wild random circumstance?  Both Bruce and Ron get off on doing things when its hot outside and somehow the common deniminator for both them, Dan Synder, has nothing to do with it?   Dan being the dude who actually has to write these checks and is the only one who has some personal upside to waiting -- has nothing to do with this somehow?

3 hours ago, Conn said:

You are forgetting the context of that entire contract situation. The reason we look incompetent and the reason the Bills were pissed JD went with us is because we didn’t give him even a hint of a heads-up that we were actually interested in re-signing him. He had no idea we wanted him back and no offer was made until there was a contract to compare against. That’s ****ing stupid. It’s one thing to say “hey JD we’d love you back, why don’t you go see what you’re worth on the open market and if we can work it, we’ll match it if you’d like to stay with us. We really want you back”. That isn’t what happened and it was silly. Just another example of these arbitrary timelines our FO uses. They couldn’t even let the guy or his agent know that we wanted him back, even if there were no numbers involved?? Makes us look unorganized and stubborn. JD and his agent had no idea we wanted him back until we offered to match the Bills offer. That’s not how it’s supposed to work, you’re supposed to have the “home field advantage” of year-round communication with your in-house FA’s and we threw that away. 

36 minutes ago, Conn said:

They did express it after the season ended, but then didn’t check in again until he was about to sign with Buffalo, because he and his agent took their radio silence as a loss or lack of interest. It’s not hard to shoot a text or make a phone call and remind a guy you want him. They didn’t think we did when it came time to sign in FA, and got 90% of the way there with Buffalo which is why they were pissed—players don’t usually back out at that point but we sprung into action and made it known we wanted him. It’s both miscommunication and one-track mindednesses imo, and an incompetent look. We didn’t make McKissic feel wanted enough to have his agent bring those numbers back to us himself, and it required a last-minute intervention after the media had reported his  imminent signing in Buffalo (which pissed off the Bills) to keep him. So something about the way the team approached it was off, bc McKissic clearly preferred to be here (for some reason) and didn’t feel it was mutual by the time FA hit. All it would take is someone from our FO following up with our own guys throughout the process instead of saying something and then having radio silence for months. 

Come on Conn, you're better than this. It's okay to admit that you were wrong, you don't need to make **** up to fit your narrative.

in the first post you explicitly stated that the reason we looked incompetent is because we didn't give even the slightest hint that we wanted to keep JD, he had no clue.

When this was shown to be false, you changed it to, well yeah, he did know, but it wasn't until after the season (like that matters) and they didn't make him feel wanted enough (maybe they should have sent him some flowers, a box of chocolates and some heart emojis).

He knew that we wanted to keep him, we gave him the opportunity to seek a deal with other teams to gauge the market, we matched that deal and he signed with us, so he obviously did feel wanted enough.

• Like 3

Cmon fellas.

Can we get beyond the whole back and forth with JD and all the recent signings and admit there’s some culpability on the front office and Dan! Everyone has their opinion on how much fault should be placed on them. Me I think a lot of fault should be placed, some others feel much less. 

Bottom line if there was none Terry would be at camp catching balls w Wentz and we would be focused on that and not on Terry and his contract. 

Edited by skinsfan93

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.

I think the point that is missed by some is these were relatively low stakes players.   If I am bidding on EBAY and I am ok with losing on the bids I can be cheaper and let the market dictate the price and then decide whether to bid or not.  If I really really wanted something bad, I'll do whatever it takes because money is less the object in that context.

They offered for example to make Brandon Scherff the highest paid guard in the NFL.  But he wanted to hit FA.  They were aggressive with Chase Rouillier, some would say they might have even overpaid for him.  They kept Logan Thomas.   These are big players.  They aren't backups. 

It's not like they dilly dally all the time.  But if a player is asking for more than what they are wiling to give and that player they believe won't get that amount on the market -- and they are OK with losing said player -- why not play it out? 

I agree with some that they needed to have better communication with McKissic.  I recall one of the beat guys said the team told them that they did with McKissic's agent.  Who knows?  But in the end they pulled it off.

Even if people want to say that Rivera sleeps on every potential FA which is far from true -- how do they explain that just by chance Bruce's big in house resigning also happened in the summer?  Just wild random circumstance?  Both Bruce and Ron get off on doing things when its hot outside and somehow the common deniminator for both them, Dan Synder, has nothing to do with it?   Dan being the dude who actually has to write these checks and is the only one who has some personal upside to waiting -- has nothing to do with this somehow?

I totally agree that it probably couldve been communicated better. But there's this narrative that they are just making it up as they go and were like "oh crap! wait we changed our minds we really do want you here!" at the last second. Theres also this narrative that the front office is totally incompetent or that Ron is incompetent or has too much on his plate. But there are people in that F/O that have been doing this a long time at a very high level. I refuse to believe they got here and just suddenly forgot how to do anything. Secondly yes Ron is technically in charge but I also dont think Ron is as involved on all the F/o decisions as others do. What I mean by this is he might have final say yes but I think he lets others do their jobs and then theyll give him their opinions etc and can then make a decision instead of running around trying to do everything at once

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Come on Conn, you're better than this. It's okay to admit that you were wrong, you don't need to make **** up to fit your narrative.

in the first post you explicitly stated that the reason we looked incompetent is because we didn't give even the slightest hint that we wanted to keep JD, he had no clue.

When this was shown to be false, you changed it to, well yeah, he did know, but it wasn't until after the season (like that matters) and they didn't make him feel wanted enough (maybe they should have sent him some flowers, a box of chocolates and some heart emojis).

He knew that we wanted to keep him, we gave him the opportunity to seek a deal with other teams to gauge the market, we matched that deal and he signed with us, so he obviously did feel wanted enough.

This is a fair criticism, I meant once the FA period began and we didn’t check in with him or his agent but I was so

emphatic that I can’t really walk it back now lol. I think it’s 100% standard operating procedure when the gun fires and the FA race begins to check back in with your guys—not assume a conversation from a month and a half ago and a presser that they may or may not have seen will do the job of preserving your relationships for you—that’s what communicating is for.  

My point is this—the way we went about re-signing him is obviously not standard. We didn’t just match an offer once his agent brought it back to us, which would be normal—we realized he was about to sign with Buffalo after it was reported, panicked that they hadn’t brought the offer back to us, swooped in and got him back by offering the same and making it clear we did in fact still want him. Which had to be news to him on some level or he wouldn’t have been merely a signature away from being a Buffalo Bill. It’s not supposed to work like that, so at some level we communicated poorly with him and his agent, right?

I think you’re right that I made it seem too black and white with my language—maybe it’s not a systemic failure but an honest miscommunication error on our FO’s part. But given how it played out, something went wrong that can’t happen again. We almost lost an impact player on a reasonable contract to another team purely due to some type of misunderstanding. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

It's more like 2 starting QBs and 6 that started. Pay him what he wants and take your chances. He is the brightest spot on your entire roster, at least right now. Why try to have to replace him just when you get a QB that can really utilize his strengths. 

welcome-to-the-dark-side-sticker.jpg

5 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Cmon fellas.

Can we get beyond the whole back and forth with JD and all the recent signings and admit there’s some culpability on the front office and Dan! Everyone has their opinion on how much fault should be placed on them. Me I think a lot of fault should be placed, some others feel much less. 

Bottom line if there was none Terry would be at camp catching balls w Wentz and we would be focused on that and not on Terry and his contract. 

I mean with Terry I 100% agree it shoulda been done earlier. But the problem is like @SkinsinparadiseId be willing to bet that this has more to do with Dan than the F/O. I think there is serious questions about the liquid cash he has cause as has been pointed out all his money is tied up with the team. I also think this is why its absolutely imperative to Dan that he can build the "Mini-City" around the new stadium. Real Estate especially of that nature is BIG $. Look at the Lerners and the Nats. Im convinced this was the Lerners plan all along. They bought the Nats for the sole purpose of being able to develop the area around any potential new stadium. Yes they tried to win because it helped them in the long run with the value of the team. Now they are about to sell for top dollar AND still rake in 100s of millions a year in the real estate around Nats Park. Im convinced its why they always tried to defer payments because they never planned to be the ones paying the whole contract. As it relates to this discussion Dan likely NEEDS that type of real estate development around any new stadium to be able to afford not just the stadium but to keep running this team. SO if Dan is the one that made them wait which Im guessing is the case that hardly makes Ron and the Martys incompetent

27 minutes ago, Hooper said:

It will get done at some point, I think. Unless Dan really does have major cash flow issues that ultimate good soldier Ron doesn't dare reveal. That will be clear if no formal offer is ever made or if they just tout the yearly average Terry turns down, not the GTD money Snyder would have to fully fund. Even that would be hard to do nowadays -- the truth always comes out.

I agree.  If the team did that, then the agent would counter with the actual offer sheet, and it would get ugly for the team IF the guaranteed money was not in line with what we expect.

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Can we please take the Dan is not liquid debate to the "Dan is dirt poor" thread and not spend TOO much time on it here?  

I mean, I think everybody gets your point: Dan is driving the schedule because he has something to gain by deferring making the guaranteed escrow payment as long as possible.  And I also get that could be the crux of why the delay in schedule.  (I don't believe it yet, but I would believe it if it was ever reported (and not insinuated or implied or speculated about).  

But I think for this thread, we are where we are in the schedule, and we should move the Dan stuff to either of the 2 Dan related threads. 

Just my $.02 so we don't have exactly the same discussion in 3 threads.  Just 2.  :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1