Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Terry Mclaurin WR Ohio State

PCS

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My bet is before July 4th, though it's possible now that the end of mini-camp arbitrary deadline has past, some of the pressure is off, so it might linger again.  

Deadlines often bring things about. And the next deadline is not until Training Camp.  I hope they don't take their foot off the gas, though, and just get it done.  

Finlay and Standig just talked about it.

Finlay believes they are debating the guaranteed money part of the contract and that's likely the sticking point. 

Standig believes they closed the gap some on the average per year. 

They both speculated that the Commanders might be taken aback on how the market moved from the start of the off season. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay believes they are debating the guaranteed money part of the contract and that's likely the sticking point. 

They both speculated that the Commanders might be taken aback on how the market moved from the start of the off season. 

Closing the gap is atleast a little encouraging 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gtd money debate would lend credence to Snyder not being exactly thrilled with having to put 50 million in an escrow account immediately. 

Not predicting the market... keeps happening here. Good teams lock him up their core players -- even if it looks like they are overpaying at the time -- as soon as possible. You do that and a short time later it generally looks like a bargain. 

13 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Closing the gap is atleast a little encouraging 

lol, Finlay thinks, he seems to be half-kidding that since Dan is the master at stepping on bad new stories with another competing story that they might be slow playing it with Terry to time the announcement to the Congressional hearing -- if so they'd time it probably for late Wednesday or Thursday. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, Finlay thinks, he seems to be half-kidding that since Dan is the master at stepping on bad new stories with another competing story that they might be slow playing it with Terry to time the announcement to the Congressional hearing -- if so they'd time probably for late Wednesday or Thursday. 

I mean that does seem like it would come straight out of the Dan Snyder playbook. 

On 6/14/2022 at 9:51 PM, RWJ said:

Understood but a contract is a contract.  Things like this crap didn't happen in the NFL in the good ole days.  

You mean those "Good Ol' Days" where Joe Montana made about $25 million in his whole football career, not including commercial endorsements? 

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Hooper said:

Not predicting the market... keeps happening here. Good teams lock him up their core players -- even if it looks like they are overpaying at the time -- as soon as possible. You do that and a short time later it generally looks like a bargain. 

This offseason has been fairly unpredictable in the WR market. I mean, ‘good teams’ as we’d call them like the Chiefs, Packers, Titans and Ravens all traded premier receivers. Other WRs on good teams are stalling on deal, 49ers and Seahawks.

We do generally suck as this, but as a minor push back on that, it’s not just been a problem area exclusive to us this year. 

However, I’ll be pissed if we don’t reach a deal and miss the chance of a solid trade haul. That was a distinct option pre draft.

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Ron and company had negotiated right after the season, Terry would be here and probably signed for $15-18 million per! This reactive posture needs to stop. Be ahead of the curve front office!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

If Ron and company had negotiated right after the season, Terry would be here and probably signed for $15-18 million per! This reactive posture needs to stop. Be ahead of the curve front office!

Maybe McClaurin & his agent wanted to wait for the WR market to play out in free agency before starting negotiations? This is playing out in Terry's favor by waiting, and it most likely not a coincidence. 

• Like 2

Terry at minimum should be asking 27 million a year.

Giving the recent wr signings; the franchise value for wr in 23 will be 27 million +.

Since we could franchise him next year; that should be his demand. His agent would be an idiot for not asking that,

I expect Terry to be traded .

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Terry at minimum should be asking 27 million a year.

Giving the recent wr signings; the franchise value for wr in 23 will be 27 million +.

Since we could franchise him next year; that should be his demand. His agent would be an idiot for not asking that,

I expect Terry to be traded .

No it won’t.  It will be around $20.  

Thw inflated AAV doesn’t factor into the Franchise Tag calculation.  I believe based on everything I’ve read it’s the average of the base salary of the top 5 players in a given year.  None of the WRs signed have base salaries over $20M in 2023, I don’t believe.  I don’t think it takes into account signing bonuses or put years which effect the AAV.

It will be around $20.  Maybe a bit lower.  

You keep saying he’ll be traded.  Ron keeps saying he won’t.

One of you is going to look pretty stupid in about 6 weeks.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, Finlay thinks, he seems to be half-kidding that since Dan is the master at stepping on bad new stories with another competing story that they might be slow playing it with Terry to time the announcement to the Congressional hearing -- if so they'd time it probably for late Wednesday or Thursday. 

You know what, that makes so little sense I’m willing to believe it could actually happen. 

Comgress stepped right on the name reveal with the Tiffany Johnson hearing.  Dan goes back at them with a Terry signing announced while Goodell is testifying.   It’s brilliant!!!! (Except everyone will just scream it’s a publicity stunt, and it would actually detract from the announcement.)

If that’s the case the deal is already done and Terry is willing to play along with the timing. 

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Maybe McClaurin & his agent wanted to wait for the WR market to play out in free agency before starting negotiations? This is playing out in Terry's favor by waiting, and it most likely not a coincidence. 

Yup. The agent is doing his duty to his client. It made sense to delay negotiations.  So they've been waiting for the market to get set as it would most likely increase the value.

It takes two to tango.  Even if the team wanted to sign back in March, the agent should have pushed off negotiations until later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Maybe.  But it doesn't play at all with the narrative from others who covered the story and Ron himself from the jump of the off season which is they'd get to it later not now -- and muiltiple narratives that Terry's side from months ago that Terry's side has been frustrated by the team's slow play approach to it, leading to him sitting out mincamp. 

I do think they will work out a deal in the end.  Terry is a professional who always saus the right things and will likely only say nice things when the contract is done.  But him sitting out mandatory minicamp I doubt was a move reflecting his sunshine feeling about everything about what's happened -- albiet knowing him he will act that positive once the contracr is done.

from a week ago, Ron said.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ron-rivera-says-commanders-won-t-trade-terry-mclaurin-deal-will-get-done

We've been talking with his folks, probably the last week, and working on some stuff and hopefully it'll be taken care of in a matter of time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/06/15/commanders-terry-mclaurin-minicamp/

“At the end of the day, you want to make sure and go through the process of really thinking these things out,” he said. “There’s a lot of planning that is involved, and it’s not just planning for this coming season. … If you start spending and spending, then where’s the money going to come from? And how are you going to start planning for it? Well, by one at a time and being very thoughtful about what we’re doing.”

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You know what, that makes so little sense I’m willing to believe it could actually happen. 

Comgress stepped right on the name reveal with the Tiffany Johnson hearing.  Dan goes back at them with a Terry signing announced while Goodell is testifying.   It’s brilliant!!!! (Except everyone will just scream it’s a publicity stunt, and it would actually detract from the announcement.)

If that’s the case the deal is already done and Terry is willing to play along with the timing. 

It's happened multiple times.  Heck the weird 100 million Woodbridge story got leaked to Keim right when one of those Congressional stories was hot -- it got everyone talking about Woodbridge.  So i'll say even though Dan generally is an idiot when it comes to PR, he does understand one aspect of press 101 which is when a story is coming out that's damaging, try to step on it with another story.