Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Say it ain't so Montae...

Unbias

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Watch the video. Unfortunately 99% of the people that watch it won't care about a back story and he'll be guilty in the eyes of the public. 

I do care about the circumstances. I was speaking from a place of some ignorance. That was my fault.  I will check out the video when I got home.  I do think this incident deserves a suspension, I just am not sure about it warranting an end to his career.

49 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You're comparing him to one guy who hit a child too hard, and another guy that hit a lady too hard.

He hit another adult male in a street fight.  It's a completely different thing.

i sure hope so---a number of times.

Intrinsically, I fully support hitting people. But one should be very fussy about reasons used to justify it. 

27 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i sure hope so---a number of times.

Intrinsically, I fully support hitting people. But one should be very fussy about reasons used to justify it. 

You just don't do it in front of witnesses! Kids these days.................

44 minutes ago, Unbias said:

3 things to unpack here.

1 - The video is bad. He's punching a guy while it appears his girl is grabbing at his shirt. The guy stands up wobbly, then gets punched, turns as stiff as a board, then falls to ground. After that it's unclear, but seems like Montae does some ground and pound over the unconscious person. 

Watch the video. Unfortunately 99% of the people that watch it won't care about a back story and he'll be guilty in the eyes of the public. 

I mean... he IS guilty. There’s a video of him beating the crap out of another human. 

Hitting a woman is different... yes. But hitting another human is a bad business decision when you’re in the spotlight. 

He may have been “set up” where he was forced to defend himself, but then it comes back to knowing where you are and who you are and limiting exposure to those things. 

Maybe the guy deserved it. Maybe he didn’t. But he needs to be more self aware.

Im on the fence for discipline. If that was a woman his career would be over. Granted, this isn’t the same thing... but he went way, way, way overboard here. Way overboard. 

32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Im on the fence for discipline. If that was a woman his career would be over. Granted, this isn’t the same thing... but he went way, way, way overboard here. Way overboard. 

I started thinking roids were in play when I watched it.  He seemed really enraged.  I think the discipline is going to depend on the circumstances and the injuries to that guy he pummeled into unconsciousness.   

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

I wish Montae hit on the field like he did in that video. smh

He does, but he usually gets hurt...

That vid, tho...

Can't wait for the FULL details of what led up to that beating to come out. 

Nicholson WASHED dude.  You don't get in a fit of rage like that unless something transpired beforehand. 

5 hours ago, Unbias said:

My advice for him is to go full Greg Hardy and start training for the MMA. Looks like he has a hell of a left cross. 

I don't know about MMA, because it looked like Nicholson was utilizing a lot of Tag Team tactics, by flinging people off of himself, so maybe WWE might be a better fit.

Even if he is a victim he cannot be judge jury and executioner. My prediction - 8 games. 6 from Mara, and maybe the team adds a game or 2 in a PR stunt since he doesn't play anyways. 

That was an impressive punch, and even more so - how the dude stiffened up like a redwood, all before timber.

You know what's super ironic, is  his scouting report repeatedly warned he wasn't "aggressive" enough to play in the NFL.

Actual exact quotes from his combine profile, almost comical, when you compare to his actions on the street :

How's this first one, regarding his "hitting" :

"Rarely imposes his will as a hitter."

" He just doesn't have the aggressiveness you need to play this game on this level." -- AFC national scout

" Has had self-described confidence issues. "
" Ducks head into tackles and doesn't consistently square up his targets causing excessive missed tackles. "

" Looks unsure of his responsibilities at times "

"could have a hard time sticking in the league unless he finds more confidence and aggression."

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/montae-nicholson?id=2558133

Two dudes got in a fight. One was drunk, not sure about the other. They had a disagreement and settled it. Hell, they probably could have talked it through (in this soft ass politically correct culture we live in), but sometimes that **** don't work. Who knows what was said or even what was done. Hell, the girls was even fighting. That **** must have been volatile as ****! Bottom line...they're both grown ass men. One got his ass beat. End of story.

I ****ing hate social media.

Meantime, Tom Wilson is glorified for knocking Jamie Oleksiak the **** out earlier tonight. And oh BTW, he had to sit in the penalty box.

https://t.co/L3EaWFbBBT

All you screaming for Montae to be traded or cut, be a ****in' man damnit!!!

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

points to needing to drink before games.

For you, or for Montae ?

2 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Meantime, Tom Wilson is glorified for knocking Jamie Oleksiak the **** out earlier tonight. And oh BTW, he had to sit in the penalty box.

https://twitter.com/hockeyfights/status/1075577624498528260/video/1

Yea, I saw that, and Montae came to mind immediately.

Nearly identical scenes ; the only difference is one happened on ice, and the other on the street.

7 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Two dudes got in a fight. One was drunk, not sure about the other. They had a disagreement and settled it. Hell, they probably could have talked it through (in this soft ass politically correct culture we live in), but sometimes that **** don't work. Who knows what was said or even what was done. Hell, the girls was even fighting. That **** must have been volatile as ****! Bottom line...they're both grown ass men. One got his ass beat. End of story.

I ****ing hate social media.

https://t.co/L3EaWFbBBT

All you screaming for Montae to be traded or cut, be a ****in' man damnit!!!

For me, the issue isn't settling something as men. That's a time honored tradition.

It's more: A) Know you're a NFL football player, know that you're in the spotlight, and know that you're going to wind up on TMZ and probably get suspended and lose a ton of money for it and  B ) The ground and pound was a tad extra. And by a tad I mean quite a bit.

Honestly, this kind of behavior from players in the NFL has slowly been making me less interested in following the league. It's embarrassing to see these players act this way. This isn't happening in the NHL or MLB, at least to this degree. I quit watching NBA 25 years ago because of similar childish behavior from entitled overpaid adult babies.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:12 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just don't get it.  I mean, maybe it's cause I'm in my 30s and had a good upbringing but I've always kept an eye on what's to lose by poor decision making.  I'm not saying I've never made bad decisions, we all have, but I certainly haven't done anything that'd risk my career.   I've also never had as much to lose as an NFL football player has.  High salaries, endorsements, fame, legacy, etc. 

If I were in Montae Nicholson's shoes, I'd be walking such a straight line because I'd be aware that I'm EXPENDABLE.  I don't think this incident sounds like it's going to cost him too much but it's certainly not going to be a strike in the positive column for him if the Skins draft a safety next year and he finds himself on the bubble.   It's not like he's an Ed Reed or a Sean Taylor where the talent is undeniable and he's viewed as a centerpiece of the team. 

So when some asshole at a traffic light rolls up and starts honking the horn...I mean, what thoughts go through your head?  It's obviously not "I'm a safety for the Redskins, I'm gonna stay above it and not flip out and hit this dude..."  I guess maybe that's too much to ask for but I can't really relate.

Like you said, you had a good upbringing. To many of these young men grew up without a positive male role model. Then they become entitled because they can throw and catch a ball. Then they have millions of dollars dropped in their laps. 

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You know what's super ironic, is  his scouting report repeatedly warned he wasn't "aggressive" enough to play in the NFL.

Actual exact quotes from his combine profile, almost comical, when you compare to his actions on the street :

How's this first one, regarding his "hitting" :

"Rarely imposes his will as a hitter."

" He just doesn't have the aggressiveness you need to play this game on this level." -- AFC national scout

" Has had self-described confidence issues. "
" Ducks head into tackles and doesn't consistently square up his targets causing excessive missed tackles. "

" Looks unsure of his responsibilities at times "

"could have a hard time sticking in the league unless he finds more confidence and aggression."

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/montae-nicholson?id=2558133

They hit back in the NFL, unlike that video.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

For me, the issue isn't settling something as men. That's a time honored tradition.

It's more: A) Know you're a NFL football player, know that you're in the spotlight, and know that you're going to wind up on TMZ and probably get suspended and lose a ton of money for it and  B ) The ground and pound was a tad extra. And by a tad I mean quite a bit.

Thank you.

You guys sound idiotic saying its the same. Wilson hits him and he drops...skates away calmly

Montae hit the dude and he went flat like board and dropped... Montae then started punching him in the face while unconscious on the ground

Archived