Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

54 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just don't get it.  I mean, maybe it's cause I'm in my 30s and had a good upbringing but I've always kept an eye on what's to lose by poor decision making.  I'm not saying I've never made bad decisions, we all have, but I certainly haven't done anything that'd risk my career.   I've also never had as much to lose as an NFL football player has.  High salaries, endorsements, fame, legacy, etc. 

If I were in Montae Nicholson's shoes, I'd be walking such a straight line because I'd be aware that I'm EXPENDABLE.  I don't think this incident sounds like it's going to cost him too much but it's certainly not going to be a strike in the positive column for him if the Skins draft a safety next year and he finds himself on the bubble.   It's not like he's an Ed Reed or a Sean Taylor where the talent is undeniable and he's viewed as a centerpiece of the team. 

So when some asshole at a traffic light rolls up and starts honking the horn...I mean, what thoughts go through your head?  It's obviously not "I'm a safety for the Redskins, I'm gonna stay above it and not flip out and hit this dude..."  I guess maybe that's too much to ask for but I can't really relate.

Like you said, you had a good upbringing. To many of these young men grew up without a positive male role model. Then they become entitled because they can throw and catch a ball. Then they have millions of dollars dropped in their laps. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

Like you said, you had a good upbringing. To many of these young men grew up without a positive male role model. Then they become entitled because they can throw and catch a ball. Then they have millions of dollars dropped in their laps. 

You're right but...man, if someone dropped millions of dollars in my lap I'd be doing my best not to **** it up.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is where I am.  I started believing in a Redskins curse a few weeks ago.  

No other way to explain how things (and people) continue to go wrong for this franchise.

I definitely can see the point. After 2 1/2 decades, the “excuse well” has run dry. I’m at a loss in how to explain the ****storm cloud that hangs over our beloved team.

I've always figured - if you're in NFL shape, you have nothing to prove in a fight.  Especially a guy like Albert Haynesworth, like what are you doing, you're a giant, all you have to do is look at a dude and you've won.

Hard to believe Montae just rolled up on some people and decided to kick their asses.  It was a fight.  Whatever.  And of course he won and got arrested, hes a professional athlete.  

Still dumb.  Not sure how I would punish him if I were the team but it probably wouldn't be releasing him.  This day and age though... never know.

2 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

Congratulations, Montae!!!!!  You hit someone without injuring yourself!!!!!

Post of the day.  While he had solid competition game to game, he did seem to improve slightly in that regard.  I guess not playing will help out a lot in the getting injured with any contact thing he had going on.

One word says it all.  Dumbass. Driving around honking at people and then getting bent about it.  Watch in 6 months, once we think the smoke has cleared, TMZ will have the video and make us have to revisit it all again. And it will likely be worse than we are forced to speculate on at this point. 

Its high time the team make a statement and just cut his ass.  I supposed we missed that boat though, in which case lets go get Hunt.

I still find it fascinating that our PR ace Tony released a statement. I thought they just flew him in for games #FastTimes. I guess Bruce gave him a kick in the ass ok a real talking to, after spelling Williams name wrong in our last botched PR stunt.  From his bio.... decorated communications professional.

Bah who are we kidding, at best he is likely headed to IR.

Edited by RandyHolt
48 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

23 and got in a bar fight...he'll learn from it.  Bigger issue is his girl attacking someone w/ a bottle.  She's a true ride or die LOL

If his girl is crazy we have great leaders who've been down that road. Maybe pair him up with Rueben Foster for a bit and see if he rubs off on him...

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's a good chance that not much will come out of this.

Not a big deal at all, a young man got into a fight. And as usual, the side explaining the story to the cops were totally innocent and it was all the other sides fault.  Could have been mutual combat, or even if montae punched another man, he may have an issue in civil court, but he will get a slap on the wrist in criminal court and I doubt the NFL does much of anything.  This incident involving our back up safety is not evidence of a curse, we have plenty of other incidents with way more significance contributing to that.

2 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

This is the type of trash culture Gruden and Allen have allowed to take form. I’ve never been so embarrassed as a Skins fan. It’s something every week with this joke organization.

Speaking of jokes.  Practice must be one helluva  joke.  Cause here is a guy on Monday night getting trashed so clearly nothing is happening Tuesday at Redskins Park.  And if the team is playing on Saturday, you would think Tuesday and Wednesday would be the actual preparation and practice, with a walk through on Thursday right? I mean I get that on a normal week they would have off Tuesday so maybe he always gets trashed on Monday nights?  We don't know.  Way to take care of your body during the season.  But If I'm him and really don't give a **** because practice is a joke then I am not worried about a hangover or becoming dehydrated on Wednesday because I know its a joke.

2 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

This is the type of trash culture Gruden and Allen have allowed to take form. I’ve never been so embarrassed as a Skins fan. It’s something every week with this joke organization.

So an employee gets drunk and gets into a fight on his day off and yet it is the bosses fault. Got it! 🙄

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Gallen5862 said:

Would the NFL put him on the commissioners exempt list while the league investigates? 

It wasn't domestic violence, so punishment won't be anything nearly that severe. Slap on the wrist, maybe a fine, plus "benching" him a game or so.