Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont have a problem with him having a few, in general, but he does still have to practice and prepare the next day. What kinda quality of work you think you're getting out him today (had he not been arrested)? This was 2 a.m. last night.  What time do they have to be at the Park?

It was Monday night right?  They dont practice on Tuesday.  

7 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont have a problem with him having a few, in general, but he does still have to practice and prepare the next day. What kinda quality of work you think you're getting out him today (had he not been arrested)? This was 2 a.m. last night.  What time do they have to be at the Park?

From what the hosts said on 106.7, they’re off on tuesdays

Nice damage control on 106.7. I wonder what that gig pays. Saying he was being robbed.

Or maybe VA has the worst cops, and they arrested the wrong guy.

It was refreshing to see someone not kick for once. He thought about it though, but showed restraint. When did kicking a person when they are down, become the norm, anyways?

Edited by RandyHolt
11 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Saw the video. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c1a97804d74785177

His career is over.

Can a mod just lock this tread up and let us move along if he's already gone?

That's a bit...hyperbolic. His career isn't over.

However, a 4 game suspension is definitely coming.

11 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Oh geez it's never good when one of your players are the lead story on tmz.

Well, now more people know who Montae Nicholson is. I've had 5 people walk by my desk today and make comments about him. None of them knew who he was before. 

*sigh*

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Gruden is gonna watch the tape before making a decision. Fortunately no time out decision required.

Gruden said he definitely wasn't going to play Montae Saturday.

The tape-watching was for future games.

I don't think I've ever seen Montae on the football field play with that much intensity.

• Haha 1

It would help if we got some casting info here.

Who is saying "That's my man !" ?

And who IS "my man" ?

And who is "Lamar" ?

Wait, Lamar ? This didn't take place in Baltimore, did it ?

16 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Well I'm not sure what the outcome of all this will be, but its definitely reaffirmed a longstanding personal rule of mine which is "Don't start fights with professional football players." 

Flip it around too. Don't start or get in fights if you ARE a pro football player.

I am surprised to see how many think he's career is done ... I'm not even sure if the Redskins will cut him.  I saw the video and  yeah, it was brutal ... but still don't think he'll get anything worse than a suspension, 2 or 4 games maybe ..? 

3 minutes ago, gortiz said:

I am surprised to see how many think he's career is done ... I'm not even sure if the Redskins will cut him.  I saw the video and  yeah, it was brutal ... but still don't think he'll get anything worse than a suspension, 2 or 4 games maybe ..? 

Adrian Peterson got a full season suspension for this photo:

Peterson+marks.jpg

As great as AP was/is if there was a video he would have went the way of Ray Rice. 

A video changes everything. Kareem Hunt is another great example. 

IMO his career is done. He's a backup safety for most teams. Why would a team take on that PR storm? How many gifs/memes will be created with the opposing coach/GM/owner being the person that Montae is knocking out? 

My advice for him is to go full Greg Hardy and start training for the MMA. Looks like he has a hell of a left cross. 

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

IMO his career is done. 

wow ... not going to argue because I think I might not only be out of touch but minimizing what happened.  I have seen and been part of more than a few brawls like that, so I almost see what he did as par for the course for a younger kid in his 20s.  i'm factoring in everything ... late night, drinking, maybe the other guy was talking S.   We'll see.  

9 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Adrian Peterson got a full season suspension for this photo:

As great as AP was/is if there was a video he would have went the way of Ray Rice. 

A video changes everything. Kareem Hunt is another great example. 

IMO his career is done. He's a backup safety for most teams. Why would a team take on that PR storm? How many gifs/memes will be created with the opposing coach/GM/owner being the person that Montae is knocking out? 

You're comparing him to one guy who hit a child too hard, and another guy that hit a lady too hard.

He hit another adult male in a street fight.  It's a completely different thing.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
5 minutes ago, gortiz said:

wow ... not going to argue because I think I might not only be out of touch but minimizing what happened.  I have seen and been part of more than a few brawls like that, so I almost see what he did as par for the course for a younger kid in his 20s.  i'm factoring in everything ... late night, drinking, maybe the other guy was talking S.   We'll see.  

Was there a video where you can be identified? That's a game changer. In the brawls I had there was always two stories, which often the truth is somewhere in the middle. Tough to assign full fault, so all parties moved on. If there's a video it changes everything. Add in if your employer is in the image business and it's career suicide. 

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You're comparing him to one guy who hit a child too hard, and another guy that hit a lady too hard.

He hit another adult male in a street fight.  It's a completely different thing.

I'm actually comparing a picture to a video. The reason why this is important is that most of the media reaction will come from people who don't care about the details. They see the picture or the video and have already assigned fault. 

Do you honestly think if there was video of Adrian Peterson beating his son with a stick that he would have gotten the same one year suspension? 

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Was there a video where you can be identified? That's a game changer. In the brawls I had there was always two stories, which often the truth is somewhere in the middle. Tough to assign full fault, so all parties moved on. If there's a video it changes everything. Add in if your employer is in the image business and it's career suicide. 

I think even with the video, the knockout is not going to garner enough outrage or sympathy for the guy that got knocked out ... and while its never justified to hit someone like that, another shoe will probably drop and some info will come out that further "justifies" the brawl ... 

• Like 1

This incident isn't good but for me, this is nothing compared to a domestic violence situation or child abuse or killing dogs or whatever.  He was buzzed, other dude likely was too and they scrapped.  It's stupid, shouldn't happen, he deserves discipline/suspension for it, but his career being over for it?     What if the same incident played out but he was KO'd instead?  Is the problem merely because he was the one who KO'd the other dude?  Granted, I haven't watched the video (at work right now) but was it merely a 1 punch KO or did he continue to wail on the guy after he was KO'd?

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This incident isn't good but for me, this is nothing compared to a domestic violence situation or child abuse or killing dogs or whatever.  He was buzzed, other dude likely was too and they scrapped.  It's stupid, shouldn't happen, he deserves discipline/suspension for it, but his career being over for it?     What if the same incident played out but he was KO'd instead?  Is the problem merely because he was the one who KO'd the other dude?  Granted, I haven't watched the video (at work right now) but was it merely a 1 punch KO or did he continue to wail on the guy after he was KO'd?

3 things to unpack here.

1 - The video is bad. He's punching a guy while it appears his girl is grabbing at his shirt. The guy stands up wobbly, then gets punched, turns as stiff as a board, then falls to ground. After that it's unclear, but seems like Montae does some ground and pound over the unconscious person. 

2 - He was 'buzzed' - Let's think about the crop-top Zeke video. he was buzzed for that, but also got a 6 game suspension. In that case the girl was probably also 'buzzed', but I don't think it matters much. The girl didn't pursue any legal action whereas Montae has been arrested. 

3 - What if Montae got KO'ed - He'd be getting the 'victim's sympathy', which is currently going to the guy that got TKO'ed. 

Watch the video. Unfortunately 99% of the people that watch it won't care about a back story and he'll be guilty in the eyes of the public. 

Edited by Unbias