Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Say it ain't so Montae...

Unbias

5 hours ago, SprintBomb said:

Honestly, this kind of behavior from players in the NFL has slowly been making me less interested in following the league. It's embarrassing to see these players act this way. This isn't happening in the NHL or MLB, at least to this degree. I quit watching NBA 25 years ago because of similar childish behavior from entitled overpaid adult babies.

Like you said, you had a good upbringing. To many of these young men grew up without a positive male role model. Then they become entitled because they can throw and catch a ball. Then they have millions of dollars dropped in their laps. 

while some of this broadly-applied presumptuous drivel will fit various individuals---in any walk of life---this is such a sad-ass post in so many way...it smacks of another issue, per bold comments, but i won't go into extended discourse or detail cuz it gets too OT in relation to the particular Redskins player it involves---which is the focus for the topic in this forum

having said that, if this topic gets too deep/OT into generalized sociopolitical back-n-forth, we'll move it to the tailgate or close it

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

while some of this broadly-applied presumptuous drivel will fit various individuals---in any walk of life---this is such a sad-ass post in so many way...it smacks of another issue, per bold comments, but i won't go into extended discourse or detail cuz it gets too OT in relation to the particular Redskins player it involves---which is the focus for the topic in this forum

having said that, if this topic gets too deep/OT into generalized sociopolitical back-n-forth, we'll move it to the tailgate or close it

<quote edited by jumbo to reflect changes made in original>

Oh So Well Responded! Couldn’t have said it better myself.

6 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

Obviously, I'm not condoning violence...but it doesn't look like that bad of a fight...still, Montae needs to control himself...what if the dude had had a gun or a knife?

Or what if he killed the dude? There are many reasons not to go after someone like that. 

8 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

Obviously, I'm not condoning violence...but it doesn't look like that bad of a fight...still, Montae needs to control himself...what if the dude had had a gun or a knife?

It's a fight. He didn't use his head. He let his emotions get the best of him. 

13 hours ago, KDawg said:

For me, the issue isn't settling something as men. That's a time honored tradition.

It's more: A) Know you're a NFL football player, know that you're in the spotlight, and know that you're going to wind up on TMZ and probably get suspended and lose a ton of money for it and  B ) The ground and pound was a tad extra. And by a tad I mean quite a bit.

Yea. That **** was a bit overboard. But Montae strikes me as a hot head anyway.

But Chris Thompson said some interesting **** when ask about this situation. He said , I just hope they can get through this and we can get down to the truth of everything.

The bartender said, the two couples exchanged words as they were leaving the World of Beer in Ashburn (I'm assuming). I'll leave it at that.

BTW, who is the dude screaming that's my man!!! as his apparent man was getting his ass beat? Stupid McNupid!!

9 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

3 hours ago, Unbias said:

Or what if he killed the dude? There are many reasons not to go after someone like that. 

I had the same thought as @Unbias.  There is a reason that boxing matches are stopped if someone is knocked out.  Just like there is a reason that NFL players can't return to a game if they get a concussion (let alone lose consciousness).  If you are still beating on a person who is unconscious, you start moving from assault/battery towards attempted manslaughter.  Especially when others are trying to restrain you and you keep going.  I don't know how the fight could have been worse, unless you add a weapon into the mix.

20 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I had the same thought as @Unbias.  There is a reason that boxing matches are stopped if someone is knocked out.  Just like there is a reason that NFL players can't return to a game if they get a concussion (let alone lose consciousness).  If you are still beating on a person who is unconscious, you start moving from assault/battery towards attempted manslaughter.  Especially when others are trying to restrain you and you keep going.  I don't know how the fight could have been worse, unless you add a weapon into the mix.

i do agree. I condone fighting with fist if its the last resort. But after a man is knocked out, that's it. You stand over that mother****er, talk a little **** and move on. You a fool if you continue. Montae might end up getting hit with some pretty serious charge if **** goes south for the dude he knocked out. Apparently the dude is in serious condition.

I'm still always amazed at the person holding the camera, the bum screaming and everybody else saying dang.

49 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Yea. That **** was a bit overboard. But Montae strikes me as a hot head anyway.

But Chris Thompson said some interesting **** when ask about this situation. He said , I just hope they can get through this and we can get down to the truth of everything.

The bartender said, the two couples exchanged words as they were leaving the World of Beer in Ashburn (I'm assuming). I'll leave it at that.

BTW, who is the dude screaming that's my man!!! as his apparent man was getting his ass beat? Stupid McNupid!!

Stupid Mcnupid? Love it, where did you come up with that?

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Common sense seems to be really lacking in pro football these days, especially the Redskins.

So much, that we should really consider hiring a Common Sense Coach, and Common Sense Assistant.

Look, I get it....rule are rules. But at the same goddamn time, people are people - take pro football out of the equation. They are People!!!

Somebody offends a person deeply enough, the immediately reaction of the offended person is to cause bodily harm, even if you just imagine it. There's not one person on this thread that hasn't had a Ally McBeal moment or two (look it up for some of you youngins). The fact is, all it would take after that McBeal moment is for the asshole to push you a little bit more and boom!!! right in the ****ing kisser!! Truth is, pain and anger has nothing to do with common sense. When pain gets so intense that you can't remain common, sometimes you have to deal with the one causing the pain. Sometimes they need to get shut the **** up so they'll leave you the **** alone!!!!  It happen on national TV in the NHL and MLB almost every night.

Look I'm grown, so I can communicate and manage situations to where it probably wouldn't come to throwing fist. But that's not to say that my mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes. I don't wanna hurt nobody, but you get what I'm saying. I don't see nothin wrong with little knockin a mother****er out if he ****in deserves it. That is my common sense. Folk are just to ****ing institutionalized nowadays. The dude got in a fight. That's what happened. He went a little far during the fight, but common sense went out the window at that point - understandable so. He'll pay for that part, but again, don't be a marshmallow.

5 hours ago, Nerm said:

If you are still beating on a person who is unconscious, you start moving from assault/battery towards attempted manslaughter.

yes, legally and ethically...but I dont think I've seen/been in any fight in my lifetime that was "legal"...you can get assault for spitting on someone...rightfully so...and there has never been a fight in history that was 100% ethical...

5 hours ago, Nerm said:

I don't know how the fight could have been worse, unless you add a weapon into the mix.

oh trust me it coulda been much worse...as you know, a kick to the head can be fatal...but, true a weapon in any fight is worse...a priori...

4 hours ago, joeken24 said:

I'm still always amazed at the person holding the camera, the bum screaming and everybody else saying dang.

the world is surreal...

Anyone see a parallel between these 2 pairs of players ?

Dix/Nicholson

Norman/Breeland

In both cases you've got a promising, young, starting DB, who is then knocked down a notch on the depth chart, after we bring in an established veteran to take his slot, and then after that the young player goes downhill in both his attitude and performance.

Coincidence or not ?

3 hours ago, method man said:

Montae had 2 concussions last year, including one where he got knocked out cold. Concussions have been shown to raise the level of impulsiveness for many victims

coincidence or not?

Not a coincidence. The body is pretty incredible. Sometimes in bad ways. Not to get overly educational, but there are studies that show persistent concussion symptoms may cause a form of PTSD. Montae has been diagnosed in the pros with 2 concussions. Who knows how many he's had in the past. I know for myself playing running back (and probably a lot of folks here that play football back in the day), concussions was fairly common. There is a study through the CDC that talks about what's called post-concussion syndrome. According to this study, a persons cognitive, somatic and emotional areas are affected. So not making excuses for Montae's actions, but there's always another side to the story. Fact is a person with anger issues normally suffer from some underlying mental or physical issue.

3 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

You're reaching in this particular instance. 

So whats the truth of the matter Dr. Phil? Blame it on the alcohol?

On 12/21/2018 at 8:08 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Anyone see a parallel between these 2 pairs of players ?

Dix/Nicholson

Well, considering how Dix is running away from contact, he sure wouldn't get involved in something like what happened to Nicholson 😹

Archived