Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

55 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Jesus, tickets to the home opener are pricey.  

I had tickets for that game as a part of a season ticket share plan...

... my preschooler has back to school night on the 3rd.  Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

I hope this little mother****er realizes ALL that I’ve given up for him over the years.

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

... my preschooler has back to school night on the 3rd.  Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

I hope this little mother****er realizes ALL that I’ve given up for him over the years.

Had?  As in, no longer have them (to sell to me)?  :)

3 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I'm still pissed off we're not opening against PITT. No joke, that's BS.

Why does that matter? No one in Pittsburgh cares and no one on that team cares. They’ve won 3 in this same era. It’s a big deal for the Caps, but no one in Pittsburgh will care. The opponent that night is irrelevant. It’s all about the Caps and celebrating what they did.

1 hour ago, Redskin4ever said:

Why does that matter? No one in Pittsburgh cares and no one on that team cares. They’ve won 3 in this same era. It’s a big deal for the Caps, but no one in Pittsburgh will care. The opponent that night is irrelevant. It’s all about the Caps and celebrating what they did.

Yeah they only had the Caps do it once after Pittsburgh won the Cup, in 2016.  Last year they opened against the Blues and in 2010 against the Rangers.  

There is no "can't open against someone you beat in the playoffs last year" rule.  I would only call BS if they made the Caps do it twice.  

17 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Yeah they only had the Caps do it once after Pittsburgh won the Cup, in 2016.  Last year they opened against the Blues and in 2010 against the Rangers.  

There is no "can't open against someone you beat in the playoffs last year" rule.  I would only call BS if they made the Caps do it twice.  

Good point - for some reason I thought they made us open vs. PITT in 2016 and 2017, which would be unnecessary.

28 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

I cannot believe it’s already time for hockey, seemed like 2 days ago when we won it. I honestly didn’t want this off-season to end in a weird way, what a great summer it was. 

Yeah.  I feels unnatural starting up again so soon. I guess that's what winning feels like.

On 9/25/2018 at 11:32 AM, Springfield said:

I mean...there's only gonna be a handful of times where you can watch your favorite team raise a championship banner.  There are going to be a lot of back to school nights.  One every year, actually.  

Think you'd be the only person skipping a back to school night to watch the banner get raised?  

17 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

That hit was clean. Principle point of contact was the shoulder blade area. Head was more whiplash than anything else. Reputation. 

I'm interested to see what Sundqvist's injury is, because my bet is shoulder, but that won't fit the league's narrative.

47 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

You’re outta your mind 

Wilson is a ****ing lunatic and an idiot and someone on the team needs to sit him tf down and help him get his **** together. 

He isn’t a lunatic. He hit shoulder to shoulder, and the guys head snapped and he stayed down. That hit was nowhere near a head shot. 

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yeah that’s a bad hit.  At least wait until the regular season maybe?  I dunno what to say.  No reason for it.

Payback for Kempney?

I would agree that it was 

But he probably will sit for awhile because of this

At least he will be rested for the stretch run after new year's 

Archived