Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

I was just thinking how great this off-season has been. Not in who was signed but cause we are STANLEY CUP MFING CHAMPIONS. 

It’s never gonna get old. 

I hear ya...I'm going through a lot of **** right now, but I just look at my phone screen...

and I remember that moment when we won, and the Stanley Cup Twitter post of "Best.Weekend.Ever."

...makes everything just a little better. ?

12 hours ago, Springfield said:

So he looks pretty talented.  Where does he fit on this team or is this a mostly Hershey move with a possible move to the big league in event of injury.

He might play in the NHL, people said on reddit he didn't leave the KHL to play in the AHL. It's the NHL now and he could be a replacement for Bura

21 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I'm so ready for October and the Cup defense run. I really think finally getting past the 2nd round will be a huge turning point for the rest of the 8/19 era.

It'll be fun to be the defending champs. I've always thought for other teams what the psychology is after winning a championship, for both the team an the fanbase. Me I can just enjoy the season, we've got a ring in our backpocket and I can live off that for a while. But I could see this team coming out like gangbusters with no more Cup pressure on them and maybe make another Cup run or two.

Anybody here going to the season opener? 

I'm trying to scout tickets so if anybody knows anybody selling or some tips on getting a good deal outside SeatGeek, Stubhub or TM. Thanks in advance if you have any tips!

It feels amazing going into a season not anxiety-ridden that it is another year where we are potentially pissing away our Championship window. I'm sure I'll be distraught if we get eliminated in the playoffs, but it won't be as painful as the first 45 years hahahahahahahahahaha YEAH BOYYYYYYY

On 9/1/2018 at 8:39 PM, Springfield said:

So he looks pretty talented.  Where does he fit on this team or is this a mostly Hershey move with a possible move to the big league in event of injury.

I imagine he'll be battling for a winger spot on the third line.  Although as the season goes, he could conceivably get some opportunities on the second line if Vrana goes through a slump.  Early on in the season, I expect he'll be a guy in and out of the press box as he adjusts to North American hockey.

He might have gone and signed with a different team if he expected Washington was just planning on sending him to Hershey.  If he's going to have a year of playing for under a million, I think he chose Washington so he could play with guys like Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, and Orlov before his contract put him beyond Washington's ability to pay him.  Plus I don't think he'd want his capped year to be spent in Hershey not showing the rest of the NHL why he should be given a big contract.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:18 PM, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Anybody here going to the season opener? 

I'm trying to scout tickets so if anybody knows anybody selling or some tips on getting a good deal outside SeatGeek, Stubhub or TM. Thanks in advance if you have any tips!

It feels amazing going into a season not anxiety-ridden that it is another year where we are potentially pissing away our Championship window. I'm sure I'll be distraught if we get eliminated in the playoffs, but it won't be as painful as the first 45 years hahahahahahahahahaha YEAH BOYYYYYYY

I'm going but it's going to be hard to find tickets with them being as expensive as they are on the secondary market 

Archived