Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

7 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Honestly, I couldn't care less about what Kuzy does off the ice.

He's got a family now.  Were he just a single guy going out having fun... well I don't personally condone cocaine, but whatever.  But he's got a wife and daughter now; he needs to be more responsible for them if not himself.

5 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

He can't be suspended by the Caps or NHL.  He's good in that regard.

That being said, coke use around the league is more common than a lot of people think.  And it's been that way FOREVER.  The stories I've heard....LOL

Honestly, I couldn't care less about what Kuzy does off the ice.  Folks are quick to point out the down season he had this year and make the connection to his coke usage.  Just remember, there's probably a good chance he was using booger sugar during the cup run when he was on fire. 

He's dumb for getting caught seeing as though the drug SHOULD be out of his system within a few days.  If he gets help, great...if he cuts back, great as well.  Just do what you need to do to get yourself ready for the upcoming season. 

*Coke is NOT a banned substance in the NHL...which is why there is such high usage amongst MANY of the players. 

Coke use in general is very common these days, that **** is everywhere. 

35 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

He's got a family now.  Were he just a single guy going out having fun... well I don't personally condone cocaine, but whatever.  But he's got a wife and daughter now; he needs to be more responsible for them if not himself.

I mean, you gotta keep that same energy for parents who go out and get drunk at bars, concerts, other outings etc. while their kids have sitters.  Like I said, I really don't care what he does off the ice.  If it's a full-blown addiction, by all means, get help...but if he was careless w/ recreational use, then he needs to smarten up. 

35 minutes ago, max21 said:

Coke use in general is very common these days, that **** is everywhere. 

No lies told here...

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

I think that’s a cop out.  I doubt the Coke effected his play at all.

The actual effects of the drug probably didn’t but his overall lack of focus and dedication definitely did. The drugs are associated with that but probably not the cause of it. 

Not saying any of this is true, but I could easily see him having a bender one night and staying up all night, maybe getting a few hours of sleep (if that) and then being underwhelming in game because he's tired as ****.  

He's young and dumb as everyone is at that age so hopefully he can clean it up.  At that age you feel invincible and I'm sure being an NHL star makes you feel that way even more.

Again, not saying there is definitely a connection, but it seems reasonable.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:56 AM, purbeast said:

I mean, that could explain a lot about his performance last year.

But there's no evidence to suggest that he wasn't using coke during the cup run when he was on fire....We've literally seen him play at a level higher than everyone else on the ice and be "meh" within a span of 15/16 months. 

3 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

The actual effects of the drug probably didn’t but his overall lack of focus and dedication definitely did. The drugs are associated with that but probably not the cause of it. 

Just like I said in the above quote, there's literally no reason to not believe he wasn't using prior to coke photo and getting busted recently.  Coke is NOT a banned substance in the league and there are numerous guys on every roster who use it recreationally. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived