Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I watched both angles like 20 times. It's going to be 6-10 games. I don't think he was aiming for the head, but the head is primary point of contact. If Wilson stays a little lower it's probably clean into the shoulder. 

What is tough about the play is that Sundqvist slows down right before the hit to shoot and that combination of slowing down and the what his body was on the shot throw Wilson's timing off by a fraction of a second. The only good thing that works in Wilson's favor is that he didn't leave his feet and he was gliding through the hit. I think it's actually a lot of bad luck for both players. It definitely is not some goon like hit. 

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

He isn’t a lunatic. He hit shoulder to shoulder, and the guys head snapped and he stayed down. That hit was nowhere near a head shot. 

I tried to get it best I could watching on my computer. Unfortunately it's not should to shoulder. 

Screenshot (441).png

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I feel like hockey has the shortest offseason ever.  Didn't the Caps win the Stanley Cup last month?

They do have the shortest off season if you make the Cup Finals. If you miss the playoffs it's almost 6 months between regular season games. About the same as baseball now.  

It's preseason and that hit doesn't benefit us at all. That's the issue. Wilson can't figure out how to be physical without putting himself at risk of delivering borderline head shots. 

Ovechkin figured it out so there's no excuse. You can change games physically without hits like this, and that doesn't even address the fact that it's a preseason game.

Its weird coming into the season with no real pressure or expectations. Just have fun watching games. I didn't watch much regular season the last two years due to the playoff heartbreak but now that that monkey is off our back it'll be great to just sit back and watch regular season hockey in cold Fall/Winter evenings.

16 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

It's preseason and that hit doesn't benefit us at all. That's the issue. Wilson can't figure out how to be physical without putting himself at risk of delivering borderline head shots. 

Ovechkin figured it out so there's no excuse. You can change games physically without hits like this, and that doesn't even address the fact that it's a preseason game.

Agreed, it is reckless, unnecessary, and beyond dumb considering his reputation.  His disregard for rules on player safety will not go unnoticed by the NHL, theyre going to have to send a.message here.  Im expecting 10+ game suspension, with a final warning that the next suspension will be hunter-esque or flatout mcsorley-like ban.  This guy is putting is career on the line, hes down to hos last strike after this, I hope he realizes it.

Archived