Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:
More

Tom Wilson's 20-game suspension will also cost him $1,260,162.60. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund. Wilson can appeal his suspension by providing written notice within 48 hours. The commissioner hears the appeal and rules.

Jeeeesus. 1.2mil for a preseason hit. Tommy....

Huge Caps and Wilson fan but I’ve got no problem with a suspension but 20 games is ludicrous. His history of dirty hits will follow him throughout his career and unless there is a major change in the way he plays many more suspensions will follow. 

The only way this suspension makes any sense is if they told him during the playoffs that he got off easy on the Pittsburgh hit. That hit was worse in a lot of way than this preseason hit. Otherwise the length of this suspension is absurd. Has an explanation been released yet?

Edited by Hersh

I just listened to the NHL explanation. What a ****ing joke. Now, I'm not saying Wilson shouldn't have gotten suspended, but the jump to 20 games is absurd. It's on Wilson for missing the target, but the NHL has looked the other way on so many other players that this is ridiculous. I would've understood 10 but not from 3 to 20. 

12 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I just listened to the NHL explanation. What a ****ing joke. Now, I'm not saying Wilson shouldn't have gotten suspended, but the jump to 20 games is absurd. It's on Wilson for missing the target, but the NHL has looked the other way on so many other players that this is ridiculous. I would've understood 10 but not from 3 to 20. 

This is his 3rd, 4th suspension in a year?

Its ludicrous.  The man needs to tone it down.  He’s easily regarded as the dirtiest player in the league, not even close.  If he were on Philly or Pittsburgh, we would be crying to have him ejected from the league.

I love the heart that he plays with and his physical game, but these cheap shots are out of hand.  Head contact or shoulder contact (it was head), there is no reason for a check like that any more.  The only intent in a shot like that is to injure the guy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This is his 3rd, 4th suspension in a year?

Its ludicrous.  The man needs to tone it down.  He’s easily regarded as the dirtiest player in the league, not even close.  If he were on Philly or Pittsburgh, we would be crying to have him ejected from the league.

I love the heart that he plays with and his physical game, but these cheap shots are out of hand.  Head contact or shoulder contact (it was head), there is no reason for a check like that any more.  The only intent in a shot like that is to injure the guy.

I disagree that there is no reason for a check like that.

I’m not exactly defending Wilson. It’s his 4th though his boarding suspension last preseason for ridiculous. The other two suspensions were warranted and this one was too. However Wilson didn’t leave his feet or keep his feet moving. He didnt internationally go to the head or super high like he did on others when he left his feet. 

I don’t mind a suspension, but 20 is too much given how the NHL has handed or not handed out penalties in the past 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I disagree that there is no reason for a check like that.

I’m not exactly defending Wilson. It’s his 4th though his boarding suspension last preseason for ridiculous. The other two suspensions were warranted and this one was too. However Wilson didn’t leave his feet or keep his feet moving. He didnt internationally go to the head or super high like he did on others when he left his feet. 

I don’t mind a suspension, but 20 is too much given how the NHL has handed or not handed out penalties in the past 

I think he’s got a target on him and it’s well deserved.  Any hit that he makes is going to be critiqued and he knows that.  It’s on him to target appropriately.

Hope the team performs alright the first 20 games because he brings more to the team than just a big body that can hit.

Like others have said, he needs to figure it out. We can talk about how unfair it is and how the hit didn't deserve 20 games. But he's hurting his team by doing this. For all the good he did last year and can do for this team, these hits are hurting his team. 1/4 of the season already and it will get worse next time. He can't help his team by not being out there. 

• Like 1

Just now, c slag said:

How nice to enter a season with no bad feelings about the previous one none of the "if only's"  "why didn'ts" and "how could they nots " are are gone for a while now 

Gonna be fun to just watch hockey. But I do think there is enough to win another.

After all the years of losing, all I wanna do is keep winning.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Gonna be fun to just watch hockey. But I do think there is enough to win another.

After all the years of losing, all I wanna do is keep winning.

I have a feeling that we won't have to wait another 20 years to return to the cup finals this time

Edited by c slag