Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

You have to feel a little bad for the things that has happened to him. He is only 20 and has been through a lot. Who was totally mature at that age? I wasn't. I did dumb ****... in my defense at that time it seemed like I did no wrong....but now 20+ years later I can see I ****ed up some....lol 

At least he is now playing in the NFL. He will be mad for all the bad things people said about him to drop his value. Good for us. :) 

This got trapped at the very bottom of the last page so I'm gonna re-post it. I think everyone should read this article:

Read this article. I honestly think this was a freak turn of events and we got a huge steal for no reason. 

The Eagles were on the phone with him and ready to take him at 32 last night, and then the Ravens sent them an offer they couldn't refuse for the right to draft Lamar Jackson.

Then the rumors boiled up over night and it seems like teams all freaked themselves out over nothing assuming as a group that the further he fell, the worse his situation was and surely SOMEONE smart knew what was wrong with him. Almost exactly like that dumb movie Draft Day. 

http://amp.profootballweekly.com/2018/04/28/derrius-guice-waited-until-round-2-to-get-drafted-despite-a-team-calling-him-late-in-round-1/acwfkey/?__twitter_impression=true

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This got trapped at the very bottom of the last page so I'm gonna re-post it. I think everyone should read this article:

Read this article. I honestly think this was a freak turn of events and we got a huge steal for no reason. 

The Eagles were on the phone with him and ready to take him at 32 last night, and then the Ravens sent them an offer they couldn't refuse for the right to draft Lamar Jackson.

Then the rumors boiled up over night and it seems like teams all freaked themselves out over nothing assuming as a group that the further he fell, the worse his situation was and surely SOMEONE smart knew what was wrong with him. Almost exactly like that dumb movie Draft Day. 

http://amp.profootballweekly.com/2018/04/28/derrius-guice-waited-until-round-2-to-get-drafted-despite-a-team-calling-him-late-in-round-1/acwfkey/?__twitter_impression=true

You know you are too old when you say this:

"But more likely, NFL teams were scared off by his immaturity. Sources say that Guice is “addicted to video games,” but as we were told by the same person: “That might be the best place for him to be, is at home playing video games. I think the world of Derrius.""

My son is 19 and plays video games and goes to college and works almost full time. He likes to kick it up at the end of the day to unwind. That is not being immature. That is being human and relaxing and having fun with friends in his little man cave in the basement. 

I am really glad we got him! :)

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

Hell, I'd MUCH rather have a kid who spends his down time playing lots of video games than one who goes out to strip clubs, gets hammered, and does stupid ****.

Then again, Guice isn't old enough to drink, and isn't old enough to get into strip clubs. He's only 20. :P

But I'm with ya, anyway. He doesn't seem like the type.

How about hearing straight from the man himself. Not only does he have energy, but it's all positive energy.

You can hear the jovial vibes in his voice. He can't get over the fact that he's a Redskin.

Having put low investment in the position since Portis, I'm excited to see how he pans out. The team has a tendency to steer clear of the troublemakers, so that should allay some fears about his character / history, but we'll see. 

Most importantly, can somebody help a guy out here? Is it pronounced "goose", "geese", "gyoose", "goo-ice"..?

2 hours ago, my_friend_goo said:

Having put low investment in the position since Portis, I'm excited to see how he pans out. The team has a tendency to steer clear of the troublemakers, so that should allay some fears about his character / history, but we'll see. 

Most importantly, can somebody help a guy out here? Is it pronounced "goose", "geese", "gyoose", "goo-ice"..?

Rhymes with rice.

So happy with this pick.  I got so tired of fans picking out a big run or two into a wide open hole to argue that Matt Jones, Robert Kelly or Perine was a good back.   All those guys suck.  Now for the first time since Clinton Portis we have a legit running back who can make people miss and run through tackles.  

I went to LSU and live in N.O. There has never been any character issues with Guice down here. He has been a fantastic back and when Fournette was injured he stepped in and was just as good if not better. I have never been this happy after the draft since we selected champ bailey and traded for the Saints whole draft. 

The only questionable thing I saw from Guice was him popping wheelies while on a four wheeler this year while he was injured. 

FINALLY, a rumor out of Redskins park is parlayed into our favor. Good job, Bruce!  I AM JOKING. I am trying to be funny.  Do not take that sentence seriously.  Regardless, Bruce couldn't cook up an idea like that anyways. 

I love the pick I was intrigued by Guice all along, even though I thought its a little quick to pull the plug on Perine but whatevs - spilt milk.  Perine was learning to run out of new formations, and first hand how life in the NFL is different than running through wide open holes in college. Guice faced a lot tougher sledding at the LOS which should have him better prepared. 

I wonder why Jay felt compelled to say that CT will remain our 3rd down back.  It's draft day. It's Guice Day.  I have long wanted an all down back since you don't telegraph plays to the defense.  Sure, plays can be run off of that, but then you end up running CT up the middle in short yardage, to surprise the defense.  Which is something I really don't want to see very much. And suspect Chris is just fine with that. 

What I more wanted to hear Jay say is, I cannot wait to draw up plays to use both Guise and CT at the same time. Our formations were very static last year, with never more than 1 RB on the field at a time. Its not like our WRs or TEs were killing it.  Our RBs will be our playmakers so I want to see formations with 2 RBs this year. No, Paul at FB was not using 2 RBs. 

19 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

FINALLY, a rumor out of Redskins park is parlayed into our favor. Good job, Bruce!  I AM JOKING. I am trying to be funny.  Do not take that sentence seriously.  Regardless, Bruce couldn't cook up an idea like that anyways. 

it it wouldn’t surprise me... we’re talking about bruce here..

What I more wanted to hear Jay say is, I cannot wait to draw up plays to use both Guise and CT at the same time. Our formations were very static last year, with never more than 1 RB on the field at a time. Its not like our WRs or TEs were killing it.  Our RBs will be our playmakers so I want to see formations with 2 RBs this year. No, Paul at FB was not using 2 RBs. 

This is is the same guy that has no plans for the last two minutes of halftimes, he isn’t exaclty a great coach. Just a guy.... It’s jay gruden we’re talking about here...

1 hour ago, kvarlo12000 said:

I went to LSU and live in N.O. There has never been any character issues with Guice down here. He has been a fantastic back and when Fournette was injured he stepped in and was just as good if not better. I have never been this happy after the draft since we selected champ bailey and traded for the Saints whole draft. 

The only questionable thing I saw from Guice was him popping wheelies while on a four wheeler this year while he was injured. 

good to hear and it jives with what my brother in law sent me. His oldest son from previous relationship goes to LSU. "My son said Guice had a real good rep on campus unlike other star athletes at LSU (Ben Simmons). Solid pick, man. He said he's a good dude"

This is unbelievably exciting. I don't even have words. In some years, this guy could have been a top 10 pick.

Adding a RB has the best percentage of improving a teams record and if he can do for our offense what Fournette did for the Jags, look out BEast!

Running style-wise he reminds me of zeke. Don’t think he has quite the type of natural talent zeke does but the powerful way he runs with the speed combination is great to finally see here in DC. Looking forward to what this man can bring to our offense 

Archived