Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

Watching that Guise Vs Bama clip. 

Bamas D is so much fun to watch first off. 

Fitz is incredible and will be the best FS in the NFL for 15 years. 

Payne is just savage on every play. 

Guise is relentless and looked more physical in the 4rth against the best college D ever. 

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm hearing now that the rumors are basically being started by Guice's ex agent trying to sabotage him for retaliation for firing him.

We should all thank said ex agent for letting a stud fall to our laps in round 2.

Source for this?

Should be interesting having both he and Thompson on  the field in certain packages. There's a lot you can do in a playbook with those two. While I didn't specifically mention Guice, thus is definitely what I meant when I said that they needed more explosion. Also gives you depth, and a guy to take the reins, and the load off of Thompson, along with Perine, as a change of pace.

4 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

Guy's got a great smile.  Don't know WTF the Eagles had a problem with.  Hopefully he punishes them 2x a year for not taking him.  

I don’t think they had a problem with anything actually. Howie roseman even said there were no altercations at the visit. I think most teams were just thrown off guard by the dumb rumors about him. Doesn’t mean any team had a problem per se, just that they were weary of taking him. And thank god for that ??

Just reading up on Guice, the story goes he doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, has a clean criminal record. The concern is simply his immaturity. He's clearly not wired up all the good, but hell that isn't the worst thing in life...

Look how he plays damn football. Looks like he loves the game and cares about it.  No doubt there will be drama following him everywhere, think it should be great to watch.

We got a stud RB in the making, the onus is on the organisation to coach and manage him in the correct way.

To me he comes accross as a big kid who loves to play football ... he comes from poverty but his mum tried her best for him which kind of preserved his childhood and kept him for the most part out of trouble ... I can see there is a potential for him being led astray or taken advantage of ... 

but I like him and a huge get in the second round 

There is one thing that really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth about this ... and that is the actions of the much vaunted Eagles FO and howie Roseman who I think has blood on his hands 

I believe he was at least complicit with the horrific nudge nudge wink wink smear of desean Jackson to get him out of town ... 

and now now his fingers are all over this Guice slide in draft - including even using a call to him / his camp and at the end of the first round to manufacture a trade ... 

its just dispicable if nothing actually comes of this - if there is no TMZ. exclusive and this is Howie playing with young kids lives to make him look good ... and it is more shameful on people (nfl analysts) who gave this story legs by running with rumours .. 

It’s nothing conctrete I can pin on them but it is just their involvement and they have form for this kind of thing ...   and these rumours have been around for a long time - to the point he was asked about them at a Texans visit - which really points to the internal nfl rumour mill being involved ....and howie comes out part way through the draft to dismiss these rumours... ... when he knew they have been flying around for weeks and had he wanted he could have dismissed things when they were supposed to have happened ...which would also have given the kid chance to explain himself .... which just gives the story additional exposure  - just seems off .... 

Wow... I just watched that riding with the rookie and came out with a whole new perspective on Derrius.

I definitely need to retract some of the draft day comments I made. His emotional quotient should be closely monitored by the organization, I feel he has enormous opportunity for growth or setback. I hope the organization can guide him down the right paths. He seems genuine, something completely opposite I was saying 2 days ago.

I saw a good kid with a big heart in that clip. He will be vulnerable and I hope we can steer him away from troubles. Really excited to see him succeed. 

After watching every video I could find on this guy I came away with two observations.

1). His unique personality doesn't fit in the cookie cutter mold that NFL teams are used to dealing with. To me he seems like a genuine guy who is comfortable in his skin. Maybe he marches to the beat of his own drum but I don't have a problem with that. Get weird baby. Know who else was considered an enigmatic problem child? This guy:

riggins_2.jpg.4398c19e8dd201b170e2754253bdc6fa.jpg

2). He ran the jet sweep a lot at LSU and he looks like Kareem Hunt doing it. I expect to see us run it regularly, just like KC last year. 

Archived