Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Injury ? Do you mean the Guice arrest ? Not sure which injury you refer to.

I think he was a lock before the Guice arrest.

I don't see a team giving up that quickly on a Back who was arguably the #1 college RB in the nation...that recently. And who showed so much promise, both as a runner and receiver out of the backfield.

I think they would have determined to find a way to keep him.

Remember...unlike Guice, Love had no setbacks of any kind, since we drafted him.

Didnt Love have to have his knee cleaned up last year?  

I dont know that he's a lock if Guice doesn't get arrested. 

Rivera brought in Barber and McKissic, then drafted Gibson.  Barber was likely insurance behind Guice and Peterson, and McKissic would have been the 3rd down pass catcher that we didnt have on the roster.  Barber and Love could have easily been parted with, or Love placed on PUP depending on his injury status.  The lack of preseason and offseason leave's a giant question mark above his head regarding his ability to play when the lights come on, and his ability to remain healthy. 

I imagine that Love is on the active roster now with Guice being gone, Harmon getting hurt, and Lattimer possibly facing suspension.  Gibson probably becomes more of a 'gadget' guy who can play multiple positions so carrying 5 RBs and 5 WRs is more likely.  If Guice was here, and Harmon is healthy... I see us carrying 5 Wrs (McLaurin, Sims, Harmon, AGG, Insert any other 'jag' you want here) and 5 RBs (Guice, Peterson, Barber, McKissic, Gibson).  If Love is 100% healthy, he COULD have beat out Barber but I would wonder if Rivera would go with the 'proven' guy over the question.  

3 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Didnt Love have to have his knee cleaned up last year?  

I don't know that you could consider that as a "setback"

That procedure was related to his previous injury, which would be very different than if he had re-injured himself.

I actually see that procedure as a good sign, to ensure his college injury completely recovers.

Also, having this additional surgery was previously known to be likely, so it was no surprise at all, to those familiar with the situation.

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't know that you could consider that as a "setback"

That procedure was related to his previous injury, which would be very different than if he had re-injured himself.

I actually see that procedure as a good sign, to ensure his college injury completely recovers.

Also, having this additional surgery was previously known to be likely, so it was no surprise at all, to those familiar with the situation.

Yeah i went back and looked... sorry, I for some reason had it in my head that it was more invasive. 

19 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Injury ? Do you mean the Guice arrest ? Not sure which injury you refer to.

I think he was a lock before the Guice arrest.

I don't see a team giving up that quickly on a Back who was arguably the #1 college RB in the nation...that recently. And who showed so much promise, both as a runner and receiver out of the backfield.

I think they would have determined to find a way to keep him.

Remember...unlike Guice, Love had no setbacks of any kind, since we drafted him.

Yeah sorry I meant after the release of Guice.  With such a crowded backfield I heard more than one person say Love may be on the bubble.  I always thought that was kind of crazy.  

5 hours ago, spjunkies said:

It's becoming very clear that this guy is a sociopath, but his BS has been swept under the rug because of his skills.

Says the team had investigators finding this **** out during a 3 hr zoom conference with at least one of the women on the day they cut him (or the day before, can't remember).

Also said one of the women accusing Guice of rape was dating another player on the football team, and the head coach told the guy in response to the accusation of rape that “Everybody’s girlfriend sleeps with other people.” Jeebus.

The USA today article mentioned one of the women who is accusing Guice was a Tennis player, who's own (female) Tennis coach said she, "didn't believe her". The accuser apparently abused drugs and alcohol at the time of the alleged incident, which may have undermined her credibility as a witness, so I wonder if this played a role in LSU trying to sweep it under the rug. Pretty sad situation all around.

Either way, it just re-affirms the club's correct decision to release the guy and get him the hell away from the organization.

24 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

The USA today article mentioned one of the women who is accusing Guice was a Tennis player, who's own (female) Tennis coach said she, "didn't believe her". The accuser apparently abused drugs and alcohol at the time of the alleged incident, which may have undermined her credibility as a witness, so I wonder if this played a role in LSU trying to sweep it under the rug. Pretty sad situation all around.

Either way, it just re-affirms the club's correct decision to release the guy and get him the hell away from the organization.

It's usually pretty damning when it's two accusations, despite any extenuating circumstances.

25 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's usually pretty damning when it's two accusations, despite any extenuating circumstances.

This. He’s not some super nice guy that was randomly/falsely accused of rape twice. Then falsely accused of choking a woman unconscious. That’s not a thing. 

Fool me once...

Sounds like Guice did it TBH.  And it sounds like he had a reputation for violence that obviously should have been a big red flag for us, and it casts that alleged incident at the combine where he almost got in a fight with an Eagles official during his interview in a new and credible light.  That is trainwreck level entitlement and instability.  Looks like we swept his flags under the rug instead, and we eventually got what was coming to us.

Guice is done.  He should never get to play NFL football again and he needs to do time.  The most explosive allegation in that article by far is the one about Ed Orgeron.  That he knew what Guice had done, did nothing, and made that comment about everybody's girlfriends sleeping around.  If true, that's the kind of **** that could get him fired and get that program sanctioned.  Especially if it comes out that there were a lot of other players getting their crimes swept under the rug.

10 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

The longest running non Team player related thread ever in the Stadium.

This **** will never die.  Lol

(and yes, I’m fully aware that I just bumped it to the top)

I was just coming in to say what the **** are we still talking about this douche bag for?..lol speaking of douche bag...i watched sausage fest or party or whatever that cartoon is last night lol

• TK locked this topic

Archived