Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So now that you know that, does it change your opinion on Reuben Foster and how he should also be released? 

Yes, but he should be released immediately if another domestic situation comes up just as Guice was. All I want is consistency. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Gibbit said:

Always seemed slightly small to me without much elusiveness trying to pound it like a pit bull. Probably why he was always going to get hurt

He's 5' 11" 225. That's in no way small.

He had good size, explosion, the ability to make someone miss in the hole and he ran angry. He was a great prospect, could have been a difference maker - if he could have stayed healthy and out of trouble. Team did absolutely the right thing, and really the only thing they could do in releasing him.

• Like 7

I will not speculate about Guice’s guilt in this situation, we have our own close to home examples in Foster and Lattimer that show the dangers of jumping to conclusions, but a player being released in this situation is par for the course in today’s NFL. I am not going to act like its some momentous decision to let him walk because 32/32 teams would have made the exact same call.  Unless you are a core member of your team (SEE: TYREEK HILL) you are gone the second news like this comes to public light, not their own attention.

I’ve seen a lot of articles praising Wash leadership for their quick and decisive action. I really don’t get it. I like many of the moves in the past several months but this is like a 2 inch putt. No brownie points from me on this one.

I’d turn my nose up at this whole situation if it was still attached to my face. (Zombie Pun)

Edited by FootballZombie
2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I think this is why it's often better to draft BPA instead of by need...you never know what will suddenly become a need.

Wasn't Guice BPA as he fell in our lap?

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, zskins said:

Not sure since we traded down before drafting him, but even if he was my stance still stands. It wasn't meant to indicate anything about Guice.

45 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Not sure since we traded down before drafting him, but even if he was my stance still stands. It wasn't meant to indicate anything about Guice.

Ah... gotcha. I thought you were saying should have gone BPA and not Guice. 👍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, zskins said:

Guice was easily BPA at that point I think, as far as a football player and his potential. Just unfortunate that he first was injury plagued and now (still allegedly, but I doubt there would be charges after months of investigations unless there was some fire behind the smoke) showed himself to be a POS serial domestic abuser.

There were certainly some indications/reports that he may have had maturity issues. However I always saw him as sort of a colorful and goofy oddball kind of guy, but not harmful or malicious. Goes to show that you really never can tell, I guess.

• Like 2

Really a shame and a disappointment. He grew up in a tough life as a child, amidst violence, with his brother going to jail at a young age, among other things.

So, at first it seemed like he decided to take a bad situation, and let it motivate him to do something good in his life.

So, initially it seemed like a feel-good story where he shook off the bad influences, to find a happy ending.

Or so I hoped.

Now, he himself is following a similar trend as his brother.

Sad

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Really a shame and a disappointment. He grew up in a tough life as a child, amidst violence, with his brother going to jail at a young age, among other things.

So, at first it seemed like he decided to take a bad situation, and let it motivate him to do something good in his life.

So, initially it seemed like a feel-good story where he shook off the bad influences, to find a happy ending.

Or so I hoped.

Now, he himself is following a similar trend as his brother.

Sad

Wonder if he never got injured if it's totally different or if the virus stuff made it worse like it has for so many other people with mental illness. It's really just awful.

Probably all those video games though. :D

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Wonder if he never got injured if it's totally different or if the virus stuff made it worse like it has for so many other people with mental illness. It's really just awful.

Probably all those video games though. :D

With all the reports of DV rising amidst the lockdowns, it's hard to imagine that being a factor considering that the first "incident" for Guice was in February - a whole month before thing got serious across the nation.

AND...Valentine's Day, of all days

19 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Honestly, it’s been a long 4 weeks with work, that apparently i had put that all out of my mind. 

however, i will say, the people involved in that are all no longer there (minus Snyder, but he’s off on his yacht somewhere far away) so with the people currently in the building, it isn’t a ****show anymore 

While I admire your enthusiasm, and I'm a big Ron guy too, let's not pretend we have not heard this before, where he was bring in "football people" with excellent resumes.  Didn't work for Shanny, Gibbs 2 had meddling success if you consider 30-34 with 2 playoff appearances where they were never a factor to be a success.  SM was supposed to be the football mind we have been desperate for, he left with a spotty at best draft record and an absolutely abysmal list of free agent acquisitions.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
On 8/7/2020 at 9:55 PM, gooseneck said:

Psychopath is Anti-social and does not have sympathy or empathy.  Bi-polar has no correlation to violence that I am aware of.   However, unmedicated and during a manic episode I am sure buttons or more easily pushed.  I had a client like this who is doing very well right now.  I hope if he is bi-polar that he takes the right steps and leads a productive life.  If not bi-polar I hope he takes the right steps and leads a productive life.

I'm well aware of the differences between psychopathy and bipolar disorder.  The point is that discriminating or generalizing based off of a diagnosis is the wrong thing to do.

I completely agree that, no matter what, it's best if he turns it around and leads said productive life.

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

While I admire your enthusiasm, and I'm a big Ron guy too, let's not pretend we have not heard this before, where he was bring in "football people" with excellent resumes.  Didn't work for Shanny, Gibbs 2 had meddling success if you consider 30-34 with 2 playoff appearances where they were never a factor to be a success.  SM was supposed to be the football mind we have been desperate for, he left with a spotty at best draft record and an absolutely abysmal list of free agent acquisitions.  

All that is true except for one caveat: Rivera isn't saddled with a political sycophant that Gibbs and Shanny were saddled with. All reports are that Rivera and Smith and the FO are all on the same page. When was the last time we heard that from anyone other than Bruce Allen?

If anyone thinks its a simple matter of luck or coincidence that this guy was always injured then see any other NFL bust.

Bad draft pick. He slipped for a reason and now we know.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

All that is true except for one caveat: Rivera isn't saddled with a political sycophant that Gibbs and Shanny were saddled with. All reports are that Rivera and Smith and the FO are all on the same page. When was the last time we heard that from anyone other than Bruce Allen?

We've never seen anyone other than Danny or Bruce be able to walk in and start firing anyone within the organization. I don't think anyone besides Danny or Bruce could have released a player like Guice that quickly in years past. This is definitely a turning of the page for the football team.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Again we heard all of this when all those other people were hired.  Shanny was supposed to have total control, Bruce was the cap guy and his role was to get the crazy spending and cap back in order.  Sure sounded good at the time.   Gibbs was also given total control as was SM, or so we were told.   

They have tried the proven head coach method, the hot shot college coach or NFL assistant method, they have tried everything. But as long as Danny is at the head of the table it's just hard for me to see much changing.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Again we heard all of this when all those other coaches were hired. 

No, we didn't because either Cerrato or Allen were in the building. We didn't know the level of backstabbing and power mongering Allen was capable of, but we do now. There is a legitimate, respected adult in the room. If it lasts, who knows.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Again we heard all of this when all those other people were hired.  Shanny was supposed to have total control, Bruce was the cap guy and his role was to get the crazy spending and cap back in order.  Sure sounded good at the time.   Gibbs was also given total control as was SM, or so we were told.   

They have tried the proven head coach method, the hot shot college coach or NFL assistant method, they have tried everything. But as long as Danny is at the head of the table it's just hard for me to see much changing.  

True, but we learned after the fact that Bruce and Vinny had direct lines to Snyder and power that we underestimated as a corrupting force at the time. This is the first time we’ve gotten a real coach and that “Snyder guy” in the FO straight up does not exist. For the first time Snyder’s 17 year buddies in marketing, medical, and even the football FO positions are completely wiped out. We’ve blinded ourselves before and said it was new, but this is actually the most fresh slate we’ve ever gotten by multiple degrees. And it needed to be, we are no longer easily fooled and no longer willing to fool ourselves.

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

For the first time Snyder’s 17 year buddies in marketing, medical, and even the football FO positions are completely wiped out.

Well, the second time.  Marty sent them all packing also.

• Like 1

Do I agree he should be gone, probably yes.

But I don’t fall right in line with this, if you can’t be a good little soldier you can’t have privileges, attitude.  Football players are people, young people who make mistakes, not soldiers.  Should there be a limit put on the number of times you’re allowed to make mistakes?  Yes, absolutely there should be.

3 incidents in 3 months is plenty to go on. He messed around and got burnt. This is on him 100%. We gave him plenty of chances to get his stuff together. Also we were extremely patient for someone who did not produce for 2 years. He feels wronged by the team, well Derrius, “time to look in the mirror.”

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Football players are people, young people who make mistakes, not soldiers.  Should there be a limit put on the number of times you’re allowed to make mistakes?  Yes, absolutely there should be.

That’s because there always has been (a limit). In all walks of life. 

The difficult part of the discussion is acknowledging that each person (and their circumstances) requires a different set of rules. 

• Like 2

It's okay to admit we made a bad choice drafting him, it is something the Redskins tend to do.  The facts don't lie.  "Character issues" are never a good thing going into the draft.

• Like 2
  • TK locked this topic