Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

6 hours ago, justice98 said:

Since we didn't have a 2nd rd pick this year, it will be at least 20 years, since Fred Smoot, that a 2nd rd pick really hit for us.

I dont know, I thought Preston Smith was pretty good.  Rookie season alone was 8 sacks and 3 FFs under a crap DC.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I dont know, I thought Preston Smith was pretty good.  Rookie season alone was 8 sacks and 3 FFs under a crap DC.

We've had crap dc's for a decade (really +2 if you count Greg Blache, who compared to the schlubs we've had since, was actually pretty good, sadly).

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

That pick was clearly a hit. Not the scouts’ (and whoever made the final call’s) fault that he wasn’t re-signed.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

True, but we learned after the fact that Bruce and Vinny had direct lines to Snyder and power that we underestimated as a corrupting force at the time. This is the first time we’ve gotten a real coach and that “Snyder guy” in the FO straight up does not exist. For the first time Snyder’s 17 year buddies in marketing, medical, and even the football FO positions are completely wiped out. We’ve blinded ourselves before and said it was new, but this is actually the most fresh slate we’ve ever gotten by multiple degrees. And it needed to be, we are no longer easily fooled and no longer willing to fool ourselves.

This is directed at @Riggo#44 as well as he/she was making the same argument.  Learning after the fact does not change the fact that at the time of the hiring we were told all these guys I had mentioned had full power, only to learn later that they did not.  This could very well apply to Ron Rivera as well.  Let's not forget Snyder was supposed to be hands off for the past several years, yet he still forced the drafting of Dwayne Haskins.

As you said I will not be so easily fooled, as long as Dan Snyder owns the team I will always have my doubts about just how the team is structured.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is directed at @Riggo#44 as well as he/she was making the same argument.  Learning after the fact does not change the fact that at the time of the hiring we were told all these guys I had mentioned had full power, only to learn later that they did not.  This could very well apply to Ron Rivera as well.  Let's not forget Snyder was supposed to be hands off for the past several years, yet he still forced the drafting of Dwayne Haskins.

As you said I will not be so easily fooled, as long as Dan Snyder owns the team I will always have my doubts about just how the team is structured.  

I'm with you on this. And even if Dan is hands-off this season, the minute this team looks like it's turned the corner he'll be back to being hands-on.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

It'll be interesting to see how much of the dysfunction was Dan (a lot over the years), and how much was Allen/Cerrato being the brown-nosing sycophant, bullying people to get what Dan wants to secure their own power and position. He does not have that 17-yr security blanket any more--I don't think there as been this thorough of a house-cleaning--not even in 2009. So we'll see what comes of it--not benefit of the doubt should be given until it's earned. But, at least it's a different approach from 2009-10, GIbbs II, and other attempts at finding the magical formula. The only thing really close to this was Schottenheimer--and Cerrato was still in Snyder's Owners Box and in his ear that whole time.

• Like 2

There are two ways to consider a non-1st round draft pick a hit.  Are they a starter?  And do they get a 2nd contract?  Preston Smith got a good contract and has always been an average to above average player.

That draft pick was clearly a hit.  It wasn't a home run, but it was still a good pick.

Trent Murphy was an ok pick.

David Amerson was not.

Jarvis Jenkins was not.

The 3 amigos from 2008 were not.

Edited by Alcoholic Zebra
  • Like 3

Apparently, Guice suffered another injury as well, according the Athletic article this morning.

There’s a football component here, of course. Guice offered Washington its best three-down back, potentially. The football package came with a significant injury concern. In two seasons, Guice played a total of five games. He missed the entire 2018 season following an ACL tear in the preseason. Two separate injuries occurred last year, causing him to miss 11 games. According to sources, Guice recently suffered a new injury. The extent was unclear.

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

It'll be interesting to see how much of the dysfunction was Dan (a lot over the years), and how much was Allen/Cerrato being the brown-nosing sycophant, bullying people to get what Dan wants to secure their own power and position. He does not have that 17-yr security blanket any more--I don't think there as been this thorough of a house-cleaning--not even in 2009. So we'll see what comes of it--not benefit of the doubt should be given until it's earned. But, at least it's a different approach from 2009-10, GIbbs II, and other attempts at finding the magical formula. The only thing really close to this was Schottenheimer--and Cerrato was still in Snyder's Owners Box and in his ear that whole time.

Can't blame you for taking this approach.  But again Snyder forcing the Haskins pick tells me nothing has changed and nothing really will other than the names of the people working under the owner.  

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Can't blame you for taking this approach.  But again Snyder forcing the Haskins pick tells me nothing has changed and nothing really will other than the names of the people working under the owner.  

But that's kind of what I was getting at--I don't doubt Snyder wanted Haskins--was it him browbeating that pick or was it Allen?

Reading when she woke up, she saw hw he was crying tapping her hoping she'd wake up.

**** this guy, throw the book at his knee.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Reading when she woke up, she saw hw he was crying tapping her hoping she'd wake up.

**** this guy, throw the book at his knee.

After reading that, I kind of want this thread moved to 'Around the NFL', just so I don't have to look at it anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

But that's kind of what I was getting at--I don't doubt Snyder wanted Haskins--was it him browbeating that pick or was it Allen?

The reports I heard was it was Snyder who forced the pick.  But we really should be moving on and discussing the thread topic.  

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Football-wise, Peyton Barber is probably a guy who benefits the most from this.

He might not have made the roster before, but now has a really good chance.

Quite possibly. I was not at all happy that Bryce Love appeared to be the odd man out going into the season. Even though they are different backs maybe the release of Guice opens a spot for Bryce?  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

After reading that, I kind of want this thread moved to 'Around the NFL', just so I don't have to look at it anymore.

Agree, the Guice topic has been played out.  The discussion is now about his replacement, not him or his (allegedly) reprehensible actions.

He’s no longer a Washington Football Team player.  Be gone

all imho of course

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

Agree, the Guice topic has been played out.  The discussion is now about his replacement, not him or his (allegedly) reprehensible actions.

Technically it doesn't belong in the ATN forum, because he doesn't play for any NFL team, and never has played for another team.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Oh, Love is a lock to make this team

Is he a lock to be and stay healthy?  He's in my "happy if it happens" category, right now, a safe place for my peace of mind.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Technically it doesn't belong in the ATN forum, because he doesn't play for any NFL team, and never has played for another team.

Aye, then I vote for close the thread, i dont care what happens to him.

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

My take from that situation was Dan wanted Haskins and the football people wanted someone who could help immediately.  And Allen was stuck in the middle of it trying to appease both sides.  And he was able to do that by trading back up for Sweat.  So everyone was happy.

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Was he before the injury?  I had heard he may have been caught up in a numbers game.  

Injury ? Do you mean the Guice arrest ? Not sure which injury you refer to.

I think he was a lock before the Guice arrest.

I don't see a team giving up that quickly on a Back who was arguably the #1 college RB in the nation...that recently. And who showed so much promise, both as a runner and receiver out of the backfield.

I think they would have determined to find a way to keep him.

Remember...unlike Guice, Love had no setbacks of any kind, since we drafted him.

• TK locked this topic