Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

"The LSU product slid in the draft due to non-football related issues. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that sources describe Guice as "immature" and "high maintenance," noting some of his visits with teams did not go well. Rapoport added there were incidents in college that teams found out about that were not previously reported. NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock added that there is another investigation that could potentially be embarrassing for Guice and the team that selected him."

What's this all about?

12 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

"The LSU product slid in the draft due to non-football related issues. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that sources describe Guice as "immature" and "high maintenance," noting some of his visits with teams did not go well. Rapoport added there were incidents in college that teams found out about that were not previously reported. NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock added that there is another investigation that could potentially be embarrassing for Guice and the team that selected him."

What's this all about?

Nothing. Its all just typical scout/agent pre draft garbage that amounts to mostly smoke but no fire.

I mean, he might be a little immature. But he's what, 22 years old? Who is totally mature at that age? Baker Mayfield was caught running from cops and was still taken #1.

11 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

What's this all about?

Not entirely sure, but it’s about time we took a flyer on a dude in the draft at great value.  I’m all on board with the Guice pick.  

Beast.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, LSU product Derrius Guice faced a stacked box on an otherworldly 73 percent of his carries, by far most in the class. It didn't matter. Guice destroyed extra defensive attention in his sample of 95 collegiate carries, shredding opposing defenses for 5.88 Yards Created per attempt (third-best in the class). Guice is a bad, bad man and a classic throwback to a position that is transitioning evermore to space backs, receiving ability, and the subsequent mismatches running backs present in the passing game.

PSU's offense is nearly all shotgun and spread based, while LSU's attack is still stuck in the 1980s with an overwhelming amount of blocking disadvantage placed on the running backs plate due to the archaic scheme. That was no matter for Derrius Guice. Hilariously, Guice led the class in 12- and 21-personnel usage, faced a stacked box on 67% of his runs out of those two packages, and still led the entire crop in Yards Created per attempt from 12- and 21-personnel (6.13).

https://www.fantasyguru.com/articles/yards-created-2018-stacked-boxes

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Guice is 20 years old.

Both him and Payne are 20 right. Can someone please slap me so I can k ni'm ownifnim dreaming or not. Did we really just kill this draft. I saw someone post earlier saying we wanted both Payne and Guice but we for real got both.... WOW

Just now, HoggLife said:

Both him and Payne are 20 right. Can someone please slap me so I can k ni'm ownifnim dreaming or not. Did we really just kill this draft. I saw someone post earlier saying we wanted both Payne and Guice but we for real got both.... WOW

Yep, Payne is 20 years old, too.

I have a feeling the league basically tried to blackball him in a way after he called out some of the stupid crap they were asking him in the interview process. Remember, this is the NFL were talking about. If you stand against the shield, you feel the wrath of god.

I'm not saying he doesn't have some maturity issues, I'm sure he does, after all he's 20 freaking years old. But most of this stuff is massively overblown. People calling him a psycopath LOL.

I'm going to set aside the personality stuff and just comment on his talent here, because while I doubt it, I truly have no idea and no way to know if he's lazy, or a psycho. 

He is better than Leonard Fournette who went 4th overall last year. He was the #2 RB this year because Barkley is an absolute freak, but I'm not convinced that Guice isn't a better pure runner of the ball (with Barkley being more dynamic). I think he spent his entire college career underutilized in the receiving game and has unexplored chops there. 

This guy is a stud. So happy we got him, we haven't had transcendent talent like this on offense in a really long time. He is already a top-3 player on this team if his head and body are right. 

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I have a feeling the league basically tried to blackball him in a way after he called out some of the stupid crap they were asking him in the interview process. Remember, this is the NFL were talking about. If you stand against the shield, you feel the wrath of god.

I'm not saying he doesn't have some maturity issues, I'm sure he does, after all he's 20 freaking years old. But most of this stuff is massively overblown. People calling him a psycopath LOL.

I absolutely agree with you. Guice was just taken after a well-publicized fall by one of the most disliked owners in all of sports. If there was an embarrassing story brewing that was about to break, I have to think it would have already.

The NFL said he lied about being asked that question, but remember Dez Bryant was asked something similar several years ago, and many guys in recent years have come out and said they were asked some ridiculous questions during the pre draft process, so its not out of the realm of possibility.

Remember, this is the same NFL that suspended Tom Brady four games even though they had no proof he was involved in the deflating of footballs. The same NFL that basically conspired to blackball Colin Kaepernick.

When you stand against the shield, you suffer the consequences. THAT's what happened to Guice. He's not a bad guy or cancer or any of that crap. He just made the mistake of going up against the shield.

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm going to set aside the personality stuff and just comment on his talent here, because while I doubt it, I truly have no idea and no way to know if he's lazy, or a psycho. 

...said Bobby Beathard, 5 mins before drafting Ryan Leaf! :headbang:

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Who called him a psychopath

His Dad was murdered when he was 6, and his older brother has been in and out of jail.

They call him "immature", but I think he turned out okay for a guy with no male figure in his life.

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/03/derrius-guice-draft-projection-stats-combine-gay/

In December, Guice got word that a very sweet little girl named Alexis Palermo wished for something very special this past Christmas. Alexis wrote a letter to Santa, telling him that she is a huge fan of LSU football and that Derrius Guice is her favorite player, “by far.” The only thing that Alexis told Santa that she wanted for Christmas was an autographed football.

“I’m crying right now as a type this message on the way back home from New Orleans finally meeting Alexis and personally delivering her Christmas gift! I never in a million years from south Baton Rouge ever expected to be a 10 year old’s Christmas gift! You really opened my eyes little sister! Love you and had a great time hanging with you and your family,” Guice posted on Instagram on Christmas Day.

Read this article. I honestly think this was a freak turn of events and we got a huge steal for no reason. 

The Eagles were on the phone with him and ready to take him at 32 last night, and then the Ravens sent them an offer they couldn't refuse for the right to draft Lamar Jackson.

Then the rumors boiled up over night and it seems like teams all freaked themselves out over nothing assuming as a group that the further he fell, the worse his situation was and surely SOMEONE smart knew what was wrong with him. Almost exactly like that dumb movie Draft Day. 

http://amp.profootballweekly.com/2018/04/28/derrius-guice-waited-until-round-2-to-get-drafted-despite-a-team-calling-him-late-in-round-1/acwfkey/?__twitter_impression=true

Archived