Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

On 12/2/2019 at 3:04 PM, XxSpearheadxX said:

Really? Are you sure about that? One ACL and a minor meniscus procedure in the other knee is HARDLY something that correlates with being injury prone forever, its 2019, go through the list of NFL RBs who have had the exact same two procedures and ended up being injury prone. He never missed a game in high school or college. 

How you feeling about it now? He’ll be fine, right?

Can we stop with the gloating "I told you so" crowd already?  Jeez, this fanbase can literally be the worst at times, but I'm not even sure I'm surprised at it anymore.

As others have said, I'm hoping he can have a Frank Gore like career, or a football version of a Grant Hill career. He is so special when he's on the field, can't imagine what he could do with a healthy season and a real head coach behind him. 

Get well, young man. 

7 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

lol debbie downers back. Go back to the annex Toby 

Ooh! I’m hurt. I think the sentence you’re looking for is “you were right” or “you’re a realist”. Not happy about the dude being injured. We’d be better with him. But have to face facts, so far, he can’t stay healthy. Let’s move on to someone reliable. 

4 hours ago, Doctorfro said:

Ooh! I’m hurt. I think the sentence you’re looking for is “you were right” or “you’re a realist”. Not happy about the dude being injured. We’d be better with him. But have to face facts, so far, he can’t stay healthy. Let’s move on to someone reliable. 

No, I'm looking for exactly what I said. You are annoying and its like you are rooting to be right instead of for the kid who is insanely talented and works his ass off. Should we draft another RB? Sure we should, but not because he sprained his knee. 

4 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

No, I'm looking for exactly what I said. You are annoying and its like you are rooting to be right instead of for the kid who is insanely talented and works his ass off. Should we draft another RB? Sure we should, but not because he sprained his knee. 

Ok, Lady. Whatever. You don’t get it and, frankly, I’m not surprised. If we keep counting on this guy being healthy and playing, we could be wasting time and end up calling up someone from the practice squad or signing someone off the street. Doesn’t matter how talented, how hard he works or how much of a nice guy he is. AP is a legend but are we gonna go into next season penciling him in as RB-1 again? Or Guice? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I’m a lifelong Skins fan and like many, I’m tired of being mired in futility. And considering we can’t get a franchise QB, we need some serious talent at the skill positions that we can count on consistently to carry the offense. I love Reed but dang, he’s on IR more than he’s on the field too. But if you prefer to be an optimist and hope for sunshine and rainbows, enjoy. At this point of following the team, I’m being realistic. 

On 12/10/2019 at 7:42 PM, Doctorfro said:

How you feeling about it now? He’ll be fine, right?

From a sprain? Yes he'll be ok.

They IR'ed him because it's the safe and smart thing to do at this point. He showed that he can be a dominant RB, and with 3 meaningless games left in the season there's simply no reason to take a chance. I'm guessing if they were in the playoff hunt he'd miss a game and then be back on the field for the last 2. 

Thou doth protest too much, methinks.

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

From a sprain? Yes he'll be ok.

They IR'ed him because it's the safe and smart thing to do at this point. He showed that he can be a dominant RB, and with 3 meaningless games left in the season there's simply no reason to take a chance. I'm guessing if they were in the playoff hunt he'd miss a game and then be back on the field for the last 2. 

You doth protest too much, methinks.

I am normally in lockstep with you. But he has shown nothing except he is injury prone. He has 42 carries in 2 seasons man.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I am normally in lockstep with you. But he has shown nothing except he is injury prone. He has 42 carries in 2 seasons man.

I understand that there are injury concerns with him. I'm just talking about some people seemingly hyperventilating over him having a knee sprain on a play where, if you watch it again, it's amazing that it wasn't a tear. His foot was planted and he was hit at an odd angle. I'm not saying his injury history doesn't concern me, just saying that this isn't something I see as an enormous deal since most guys would likely have been injured on that play. 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Well, he’s shown talent... but yes, the injuries... yikes 

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Wonder where the Patriots would be if they got rid of Gronkowski and Edelman due to being injury prone. 

Elite talent... be patient and maximize it while it’s there.

Right, so here’s my take - we’ve had issues relying on talented injury prone players, but our issue wasn’t that they were on the team, it was that we relied on them.  
Sure, we had Davis backing up Reed, but we didn’t try to find another special, starting caliber TE and instead filled out the roster with Logan Paulsen, Sprinkle, or whoever.  I’m not trying to knock Sprinkle here, but we could have worked on developing a good pass catching TE at the same time.  We never really tried to find a stud to pair with Thompson and instead counted on Bibbs, Marshall and Smallwood.  To be fair, draft picks/assets are limited, but we also shouldn’t have considered those positions settled.  

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I understand that there are injury concerns with him. I'm just talking about some people seemingly hyperventilating over him having a knee sprain on a play where, if you watch it again, it's amazing that it wasn't a tear. His foot was planted and he was hit at an odd angle. I'm not saying his injury history doesn't concern me, just saying that this isn't something I see as an enormous deal since most guys would likely have been injured on that play. 

It doesn’t inspire confidence, but yeah, it’s also ‘just’ a sprain that anyone could have sustained... let’s see how things go.  I’m excited to see what Love looks like, but I’ll feel better about the position if we draft a guy with some promise.  Preferably one that can catch out of the backfield as well as handle a decent load (and provide some juice in case we have to pair them with AP).  Surely at least one of Love/Guice will make it to the season and we can develop the newcomer before throwing him in.  

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

Wonder where the Patriots would be if they got rid of Gronkowski and Edelman due to being injury prone. 

Hes averaging what? Game every year or two? If you're not playing, you're not in the conversation. Guise is injury prone and a liability 

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

Not sure I’ve seen anyone advocating to get rid of him (although around here, I’m sure someone is....) BUT, it would certainly be prudent to acknowledge his recent history and make proactive accommodations for “just in case”, “what if”, etc.  

Archived