Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

11 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Nope, he's gonna want a mega deal soon and has not been able to stay on the field/produce like someone with his talent should.

I was all on the Fournette hype train the year he came out, but he has underwhelmed given his lofty draft status.

I thought so too until last year, he had some pretty impressive numbers considering how pathetic that offense was. Lead the team in rushing and receptions. Reminds me of a stockier version or CMC.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Fournette doesn't strike me as a Rivera kind of guy

In what way?

Fournette is openly pushing for his team to bring in a new QB when they already have a talented youngster who showed signs last year. That's not the kind of guy Rivera is going to want.

Also Fournette has been kinda "meh" the last couple years.

Go watch highlights of guys like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Marshall Faulk, Shady McCoy, Barkely (just to name a few). These are the type of running backs I want. Guys that are shifty, strike fear in the opposition and get go 0-60 in a spilt second. Until then, just keep drafting till you find them.

4 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Sounds like a stupid thing for Guice to be doing. 

I dont think it’s stupid at all. For all we know, they’re friends. If haskins has a problem with it, that’s between the two of them. It’s silly that people choose this to be butthurt over. He’s not talking with any of our exes is he? No? Then why do we care who he’s chatting with 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dont think it’s stupid at all. For all we know, they’re friends. If haskins has a problem with it, that’s between the two of them. It’s silly that people choose this to be butthurt over. He’s not talking with any of our exes is he? No? Then why do we care who he’s chatting with 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think you're missing the irony in all this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
On 4/8/2020 at 11:13 AM, abdcskins said:

No guarantee Guice makes the final cut.

Ron didn't even have him on his draft board. And neither Ron or Turner are big fans of him. Doug needs to reel the kiddie leash in on him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, TK said:

Ron didn't even have him on his board last year. And neither Ron or Turner are big fans of him. Doug needs to reel the kiddie leash in on him.

he wasn't on the board last year.  He was on the board two years ago lol

The modern NFL isn't really a place that encourages HOF RB careers any longer. Very difficult to pull off even if you ARE an all-time talent for a few years. Harder still when you lose the first two years of your career.

Let's just settle for "I hope he's a great player for us for a while". Even "a while" feels forced to me since rationally I know paying even a good RB their second big contract is one of the worst uses of limited cap resources you can imagine. You hope for a bright shining spark from a RB for 3-4 years that helps power you to where you want to go, and then you hope someone else pays him for what he already did when his legs were younger. That's the reality at RB. 

So I hope Guice helps power this offense to some playoff wins in the next couple years. That's asking for enough at the position imo. HOF career? Not even on the menu in this reality. 

What you wish for in this era are a few years that line up to be Jamaal Charles or Arian Foster in their prime--studs today, gone tomorrow. That's almost best case nowadays. Even guys with insane pedigree and a big headstart like Zeke and CMC are unlikely to be given the chance to compile potential HOF careers. And you know what, as a football fan that's okay because analytics show that running an offense that prioritizes that kind of quantitative RB success is not conducive to building and sustaining great, efficient offenses that can win SB's. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • TK locked this topic