Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

7 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

It is really in just a few extreme cases that I noticed him try to get a few more steps in with some guys hanging all over him, that were unnecessary. I like that he does not go down easy and he reminds me of a cross between MJDrew and beast mode.  He has a lower center of gravity then Beast mode and can really be elusive as well as powerful.     I think your right and that he will learn and adjust, and when he does, he will dominate.

This may sound wrong but, you wonder how smart he is with his body? I'm sure backs need to feel things when they run and know how to protect themselves in most cases. This is true in all sports with all athletes, if you are too wreckless you will get hurt at some point. You're right, he will figure it out. Remember Franco Harris, whenever he saw a sideline he used it.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, Anselmheifer said:

It would be such a boon for us if Guice could stay healthy. But, I also don’t think we can plan for that. We need to think about getting another RB in the stable that isn’t 35 and didn’t miss a big chunk of last year after multiple knee surgeries in a two year period. Rooting hard for Guice though. 

Hopefully this new regime will not be so prone to taking risks on injured players. It’s been killing us for years. 

Also, maybe Ron Rivera can get Snyder to Fix the (insert any curse word here) field. It’s such an embarrassment to always have a sub par playing surface that is also an injury risk. 

I'm hoping the Redskins can get Kenyon Drake in FA as long as the money doesn't prevent them from landing other high priced FAs at other areas of need (Hooper, Bradberry etc.)

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Guice is going to be awesome next year....I have total faith in our RB room, especially if Love is 100%. No worries whatsoever. We have a gem in Guice.

I read that Kyle Smith believes that Guice could be used similarly to Christian Mccaffery in this offense, given good health. I tend to believe him. Guice is a very multitalented RB. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

I read that Kyle Smith believes that Guice could be used similarly to Christian Mccaffery in this offense, given good health. I tend to believe him. Guice is a very multitalented RB. 

I agree from a skill perspective. I don’t agree from a stylistic perspective. McCaffrey is elusive and picks his spots to be physical. Guice has one gear. Down your throat.

While I enjoy Guice’s style more, it’s also more problematic from an injury point of view. If Guice improves his contact awareness, he can function very well in that offense. If he doesn’t, he’ll be on IR again.

The same can be said for Bryce Love, who reminds me more of McCaffrey than Guice. Shockingly, he and McCaffrey both went to Stanford. I think he’s the biggest wild card. If he pans out I think this team is immediately upgraded.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

? He played pretty well in the little game action he did play in last season. How is he a disappointment? He can be great if he stays on the field. 

That's the disappointment. He cant stay on the field. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

? He played pretty well in the little game action he did play in last season. How is he a disappointment? He can be great if he stays on the field. 

So can Reuben Foster.

So can Tua.

Yet most of us shy away from these guys because of their inability to do just that. 

Now, the positive? Dalvin Cook barely saw the field for two years before he set the league on fire. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

@Koolblue13

That’s way better game footage than the others of his I’ve seen.  I couldn’t really tell what kind of player we were getting from the other highlights.  He has potential.

:ols: I didn't know wtf you were talking about for a minute.   :ols:

yeah, B Love gonna B Killin it this year. Super excited about this dude.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m pretty much done with Guice. I have little faith in his abilities, even if healthy. I would pick up swift in a heartbeat if we can draft him. 

Edited by dyst
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • TK locked this topic