Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

It would be such a boon for us if Guice could stay healthy. But, I also don’t think we can plan for that. We need to think about getting another RB in the stable that isn’t 35 and didn’t miss a big chunk of last year after multiple knee surgeries in a two year period. Rooting hard for Guice though. 

Hopefully this new regime will not be so prone to taking risks on injured players. It’s been killing us for years. 

Also, maybe Ron Rivera can get Snyder to Fix the (insert any curse word here) field. It’s such an embarrassment to always have a sub par playing surface that is also an injury risk. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Exactly. He needs to learn to take less of a hit, not more.

I kinda agree with you in general, but I don't think either of Guice's injuries with us were from big time hits. His ACL was sort of a freak injury that happened on a regular tackle and he just happened to come down on it really weird. 

40 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I kinda agree with you in general, but I don't think either of Guice's injuries with us were from big time hits. His ACL was sort of a freak injury that happened on a regular tackle and he just happened to come down on it really weird. 

Maybe he needs to learn better body control? Unless it's hopeless and he's just got a soft injury prone body, but I don't think so. Dudes hard as nails, but if you hammer them wrng, they bend and break.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping Guice can have the same year 3 rebirth as Dalvin Cook in Minnesota. Cook was also a highly routed RB prospect who missed basically his entire rookie year and then had injury problems his second year. Last year he broke out and was a top 5 back in the league. Guice has had a similar career thus far.

How much of this was Gruden's soft camps and no preseason play. I don't think our players were in football shape at ALL under Gruden and Co.

Hopefully we got people looking at the off season conditioning of the players and the mini camps/training camps will have some practices WITH football moves and cuts at better than 50% speed.

All these injuries were a redskins trend that can't be ignored. I'm hopeful

7 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

How much of this was Gruden's soft camps and no preseason play. I don't think our players were in football shape at ALL under Gruden and Co.

Hopefully we got people looking at the off season conditioning of the players and the mini camps/training camps will have some practices WITH football moves and cuts at better than 50% speed.

All these injuries were a redskins trend that can't be ignored. I'm hopeful

Camp cupcake was definitely the biggest culprit imo. Soft culture promotes soft play, which leads to injuries.

On 2/5/2020 at 10:36 PM, KDawg said:

I don’t think Guice is soft. I think he’s a tough son of a gun. But he’s absolutely injury prone thus far.

Guice is going to be awesome next year....I have total faith in our RB room, especially if Love is 100%. No worries whatsoever. We have a gem in Guice.

Guice has such amazing potential.  Some of his skills are elite level but he is almost too strong for his own good. That is biggest problem, he can carry dudes and sometimes he tries to carry a bunch of them into a big pile.  If  you have a guy on your back and get hit low, it can be dangerous.  I hope he learns to go down a little quicker sometimes, as crazy as that sounds.

34 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

Guice has such amazing potential.  Some of his skills are elite level but he is almost too strong for his own good. That is biggest problem, he can carry dudes and sometimes he tries to carry a bunch of them into a big pile.  If  you have a guy on your back and get hit low, it can be dangerous.  I hope he learns to go down a little quicker sometimes, as crazy as that sounds.

I see it a little differently, I think Guice is our BeastMode but he hasn't really figured things out yet. I would never want him to go down without a fight, you can get hurt that way too. Let it all hang out on the field and what happens, happens. I know what you're saying and feel your concerns but it may just be a matter of him realizing the speed of the NFL and the punch players pack as opposed to college. I am as excited about Guice as I am for Terry Mac and Dwayne. Can't wait to see them all on the field together with our other weapons we add....

6 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I see it a little differently, I think Guice is our BeastMode but he hasn't really figured things out yet. I would never want him to go down without a fight, you can get hurt that way too. Let it all hang out on the field and what happens, happens. I know what you're saying and feel your concerns but it may just be a matter of him realizing the speed of the NFL and the punch players pack as opposed to college. I am as excited about Guice as I am for Terry Mac and Dwayne. Can't wait to see them all on the field together with our other weapons we add....

It is really in just a few extreme cases that I noticed him try to get a few more steps in with some guys hanging all over him, that were unnecessary. I like that he does not go down easy and he reminds me of a cross between MJDrew and beast mode.  He has a lower center of gravity then Beast mode and can really be elusive as well as powerful.     I think your right and that he will learn and adjust, and when he does, he will dominate.

Archived