Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Derrius Guice RB LSU

PCS

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, SkinsFootball said:

theundefeated.com/features/redskins-rookie-rb-derrius-guice-its-tough-but-i-never-stay-down/

Interesting read..

Great read.

I can’t lie. There’s been better days, but it’s football, and in sports, injuries happen. No one’s invincible to just skip them. Everyone’s human, and my number came up. But it’s very unfortunate that my injury happened before the season even started, because I do everything for my family – and it’s very disappointing that they won’t be able to watch me this year. But it’s all in God’s hands and I’ll be back, stronger than ever.

It’s just one of those things; you just have to wait another year. But I play for my family and not myself, and I guess that’s what will make everything – even this situation – worthwhile.

It’s tough, but I never stay down. I’m still very high-spirited now. I’m still walking around and smiling. Like I told everybody, I’m at least as happy about going out on a 34-yard run play versus going out on a 2-yard play.

My injury wasn’t even contact-related. It’s just the way my foot planted, which caused my knee to shift before getting tackled.

But as hard as this situation is right now, I’m gonna be good always. I know why I’m here, and I know how I got here. I told my father that I was going to be the best running back to ever come out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and that I would play for LSU and make it to the NFL and make so much money that the whole family would never see South Baton Rouge again.

“When you come from poverty, sports is your light at the end of the tunnel, and I just don’t think a lot people realize that.”

I was 6 years old, and when I told him that, I meant it. Two days later, he was killed. That was the last thing I remember telling my dad, Derrick Guice, and it’s a promise that’s been with me ever since – and this injury setback is no different. I just had to hold it down for my dad, and I’ll do it again for my family. When I say something, I mean it. A word for a man is everything. I always honor my word, I never go back on my word.

The struggle of coming from the ‘hood, born and raised in Baton Rouge … everything I got, I earned. Doug Williams, who is from nearby Zachary, knows I never had any handouts. Doug knows who I am as a person, which is why he took a chance on me because he knew all the s— that was said about me wasn’t true.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Can we fire the training staff and find new doctors for this team? Joke of a franchise. 

This - we must have the most incompetent staff looking after the health of our roster - and of course our crappy facilities

I note with interest that Orakpo hasn't missed a beat with Tennessee and then consider he missed 50% of his final 3 seasons with us with a torn pec? Twice!!  if i recall correctly (that's right the same injury).

And now Scherff with you guessed it - a torn pec!

Look, I can handle the blown out knees and broken bones - that's just an integral part of the game when 300+lb guys are slamming into each other, but I'm certain all these muscle injuries (not to mention all the hammies) are down to trainers/medical not supervising stretching/flexibility etc

I want a state of the art training facility - hyperbaric chambers, hot yoga suites, dieticians, aroma therapy - the works, EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING and then let's see what our injury list looks like

Oh and all linement wear knee braces in pre-season and practice (Trent murphy missed the season due to a acl sustained in pre-season )- the braces come off when it counts, game time in the regular season. 

2 hours ago, TheYappingDog said:

I want a state of the art training facility - hyperbaric chambers, hot yoga suites, dieticians, aroma therapy - the works, EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING and then let's see what our injury list looks like

I dont think they need all of that... the medical facilities are fine.  Well, maybe they could use a fresh coat of paint.  Of course I'm a Cowboys fan, so I may be biased.

Doctor_grande.JPG?v=1421911367

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:
Guice vocalizes what we all thinkin.
Or are we all thinkin what Guice said.

I've been waiting all season to hear something like this, ever since we brought AP in.  I think Guice will benefit greatly from this exposure to a true, first-ballot, hall of famer.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Hypothetical question :

If it was Guice and not AP, running behind the same exact OLine all year that AP did, how do you think his results would have compared to AP ?

My initial thought was probably a dropoff to Guice (and that’s no knock on him).  AP doesn’t quit, plays through pain, and his vision/jumpcut made yards that didn’t look like they were there.  On second reflection though, Guice is faster, younger, and has run behind more diverse blocking schemes (I believe)... so I don’t know.  

Working out with AP this summer would be fantastic for Guice IMO.  See the work ethic, learn some things... be ready for the grind of 16 games.  

Archived