Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Draft Day Thread

Wildbunny

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Cool. Nice tape without any competition. Who really cares what he looks like without pads on?

He did have a good 40 time for his size. Definitely helpful for when he is lined up against a WR, gets beat on a fly route and needs recovery speed.

Most surprising thing about the first round for me was that Harold Landry didn't get drafted.  Didn't see that coming.  I think teams might have been turned off by him dogging it this year.  It was a little ugly.  But the guy is really talented and I would consider moving up for him if he keeps dropping.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

He did have a good 40 time for his size. Definitely helpful for when he is lined up against a WR, gets beat on a fly route and needs recovery speed.

Hang on - you were the guy ****ing about his 3 cone drill time not that long ago.

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Chris Thompson disagrees. People forget how good he was before, like everyone else, got hurt.

Chris Thompson is not an every down back, has an extensive injury history going all the way back to FSU where I watched him, and even with valiant efforts to protect him and minimize exposure, he still cannot stay healthy, and was pretty much on borrowed time the moment he became one of the focal points of Jay's offense. He's  a good player. But he is one player... In one unit. He can't be relied upon to carry them, or the team, and more has to be done to address the position overall (which is woefully lacking), period. That is the crux of my position. More explosion is needed. We already have Perine.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/274225/pros-and-cons-for-every-2018-nfl-first-round-draft-pick

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

13. Washington Redskins

Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

Why they did it: The Redskins ranked last in the NFL in rushing yards per game and needed more depth up front. With Barkley selected by the Giants and Ezekiel Elliott in Dallas, the Redskins need to make sure they’re strong up front or they’ll get handled once more in the run game. They do have Jonathan Allen, Payne’s former Alabama teammate. When Allen was hurt last season and missed the last 11 games, the Redskins’ run defense suffered. Now, Washington should have enough depth to withstand injuries.

Biggest question: Can he impact the pass game? Several scouts and coaches around the league aren’t sold that he can be a three-down player, and he doesn’t collapse the pocket. The Redskins also passed on two players who, perhaps, are more talented in safety Derwin James and linebacker Tremaine Edmunds. If Payne provides push inside, they won’t regret the pick.-- John Keim

3 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@clskinsfan maybe you didn’t understand why I put that video up.

But I’m not gonna explain it to you. ??‍♂️

It would be better if you posted one of his cutups and pointed out specific plays you like and what you think he did well and why and why you think that makes him a good pick where we selected him. As opposed to posting videos of him running in shorts.

Whilst I'm shocked the Browns didn't take Chubb, I kinda' like what they did there by taking the best corner (for the purpose of this let's call Minkah a safety) in the class. Who immediately becomes the best DB on their roster. That's a generational stud the front end in Garrett last year. Now they add another major building block the back end of the D this year. 

And Baker's super self-confidence (keep falling back to the Combine and him on the Podium declaring 'If anyone can fix the Browns it's me!') is exactly what that franchise needs. A leader. 

They won't be in the cellar any longer that's for sure. 

Hail. 

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It would be better if you posted one of his cutups and pointed out specific plays you like and what you think he did well and why and why you think that makes him a good pick where we selected him. As opposed to posting videos of him running in shorts.

Go watch the last two games of his collegiate career. Last years semi-final and final games for the National Championship. Best two games of his life. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Go watch the last two games of his collegiate career. Last years semi-final and final games for the National Championship. Best two games of his life. 

Hail. 

Yes, which is lovely, but is it really a good idea to base taking a guy with extremely low college production in the top half of the first round based on a couple of games? Usually teams don't take that sort of chance on a dude who's only had one productive YEAR, let alone one or two standout games. I think he'll be a decent enough player but I don't see a very high ceiling at all.

Archived