Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Draft Day Thread

Wildbunny

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

With James still on the board yeah he probably would have gotten past the Chargers. Even if he didn't make it to 27 it would have been damn nice knowing we have two 1sts in 2019 and another 4th this year.

Who did the Redskins take in this hypothetical?

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Depends how many seasons that takes. You said a FEW SACKS. I mean the guy only had THREE IN THREE seasons at AL. Just a horrifyingly bad pick all around. That TWO blue chippers were sitting there waiting for the Skins to do the right thing makes it even more disgusting.

your job as a NT is not to get sacks. 

38 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He who lives in a glass house...

Personally I don't like Cooley and rarely agree with anything he has to say.  And I definitely disagree with his take here.

Payne is going to be a good one.  He's better than Edmunds is right now and it wouldn't surprise me if he stays better than him in the long run because he's cleaner and better prepared for the league.

Love Cooley or hate him. What EXACTLY is Payne better than Edmunds at right now? Can he clog the middle? Sometimes. Can he rush the passer? NO FRIKIN WAY. Watch 20 minutes of his tape and the pick will make you projectile vomit all over your TV. It was a horrifyingly bad pick with the talent that was on the board.

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Stats don't mean ****..i proved it with the Murphy pick...how do you know that Payne didn't make everyone better on that Defense?

What you "proved" was that not every DL who puts up good stats in college is a Pro Bowler in the NFL (Murphy is a good, solid player). So no, not every guy who puts up good college stats will be awesome in the league. However, very very few DL who produce very poor stats wind up being any good in the NFL.

Just now, nonniey said:

Frankly I think Juice is going to drop to us without a trade and then we'll pick someone else.

I know some disagree, to each their own on that front, but I see the first pick as a safe-conservative need based pick.  And it was a name we kept hearing about all off season.    Doug said DT-RB, DT, RB, DT-RB in his initial talks about the draft.

If so now its likely on to running backs.   We've heard different accounts of them digging Guice, Michel, Chubb, Penny, R. Jones depending on the source.  Especially Guice and Jones. 

With Barkley going to the Giants, it would sting for me to see the Eagles end up with Guice. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I know some disagree, to each their own on that front, but I see the first pick as a safe-conservative need based pick.  And it was a name we kept hearing about all off season.    Doug said DT-RB, DT, RB, DT-RB in his initial talks about the draft.

If so now its likely on to running backs.   We've heard different accounts of them digging Guice, Michel, Chubb, Penny, R. Jones depending on the source.  Especially Guice and Jones. 

With Barkley going to the Giants, it would sting for me to see the Eagles end up with Guice. 

If the Iggles get Guice, Payne is even more important.

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

so do I..some just want the flashy pick

Well I also thought we could have traded back and got a 3rd back and still got payne, so it may have been a reach. But I don't think it is as much of a reach as some do. And if he becomes a probowl DT and him, allen and Ionnaidis are steamrolling Olines come september? It won't be viewed as a reach AT ALL

3 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

So you’re mad the Redskins took Payne but would have been OK with a Guard (no name provided) or Guice?

LOL OK

At pick 27 with extra 1st next year and an extra 4th this year? Damn right I'd be happy with that. (I'm mad they didn't trade down and manage to get what the Packers got -  a good front office would have). 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Love Cooley or hate him. What EXACTLY is Payne better than Edmunds at right now? Can he clog the middle? Sometimes. Can he rush the passer? NO FRIKIN WAY. Watch 20 minutes of his tape and the pick will make you projectile vomit all over your TV. It was a horrifyingly bad pick with the talent that was on the board.

How? Edmunds isn't even smart enough to recognize a play..he just uses his atletizm to make plays..do you want another Lavar Arrington on your hands? mister can't get right?

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What you "proved" was that not every DL who puts up good stats in college is a Pro Bowler in the NFL (Murphy is a good, solid player). So no, not every guy who puts up good college stats will be awesome in the league. However, very very few DL who produce very poor stats wind up being any good in the NFL.

so stats don't mean ****?

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Really? So the 13th pick in the draft that CANT RUSH THE PASSER is a good pick? And NT's cant rush the passer? Tell that to these guys:

https://www.ranker.com/list/list-of-famous-football-nose-tackles/reference

Haha.  2 of the top 5 on your list have black and white pictures.  Got something a little more current?  Not sure if you are aware but the game has changed a bit in the last 40 years.

2 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Which ones?

See the list above

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Haha.  2 of the top 5 on your list have black and white pictures.  Got something a little more current?  Not sure if you are aware but the game has changed a bit in the last 40 years.

Yes it has....It has become a passing game. All the more reason why a guy who sucks at pass rushing is a bad pick.

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Archived