Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Draft Day Thread

Wildbunny

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

I guess the one thing im hoping is that this pick was mostly Tomsula, who looked at the tape and said "This is a guy I can coach up".  Because hes earned that kind of trust with the wonders he worked pre-injuries last year, with what previously had been a terrible Dline.

I would HOPE so, but I don't have faith that our FO would be that smart.

i don't get it.  payne makes this a better team by making our outside linebackers better.  preston smith, ryan anderson, and ryan kerrigan will thrive off of the multiple combinations of allen, ionnidis, taylor, mcgee, mcclain, hood, and payne.  we can now neutralize the opponents run game which for years have been the weakness of this team.  for me, this is a no brainer pick.  plus, there's still 2 more days of drafting.

Just now, ultravin said:

i don't get it.  payne makes this a better team by making our outside linebackers better.  preston smith, ryan anderson, and ryan kerrigan will thrive off of the multiple combinations of allen, ionnidis, taylor, mcgee, mcclain, hood, and payne.  we can now neutralize the opponents run game which for years have been the weakness of this team.  for me, this is a no brainer pick.  plus, there's still 2 more days of drafting.

Absolutely.  I mean, I'm personally narked we didn't move up for Minkah, the second best overall player in this class IMHO. And passed on James. But they view their DB's differently to me obviously. So if you're standing pat, and Vea going before you, Payne is the natural pick. 

They massively upgraded their football team in a massively important area to give themselves a chance to win in the division. Hard to quibble at that. 

Hail. 

2 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

This talk of being a reach at 13 is ludicrous..Please check this video, see what a solid, fluid, powerful dude we’ve drafted. Sub 4.91 40 yd dash for a guy that is 311lbs. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000919388/Da-Ron-Payne-2018-NFL-Scouting-Combine-workout

In this vídeo alone Mayock calls him “the best dlineman to come outta Alabama the last five years.”

Daniel Jeremiah calls him “a top 15 pick in his book.”

Kiper had him rated March 28th “His top DT in the draft.

Cool. Nice tape without any competition. Who really cares what he looks like without pads on?

Archived