Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Draft Day Thread

Wildbunny

Just now, mistertim said:

We went with a super duper safe pick for need. Very unlikely Payne is a bust because he's pretty physically gifted and is a hard worker. But IMO also just as unlikely that he's an All Pro. James would have been a more risky pick with ridiculous upside. We aren't really known for those picks, especially on defense. 

How many years have they drafted saftey's or DB's high though? None of these DB's are in the same class as the DB's that the redskins have drafted over the years and we all know how it has ended..Im ready to try the build from the inside out for once..

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Obviously there's no way to know this so its totally just opinion but I could see Payne easily getting close to the end of the 1st round if we hadn't picked him.

I get you’re crying right now and throwing a fit but he wouldn’t have made it past the Chargers. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not sure there will ever be a group like those 3 ever again.

Two of those players reached there full potential because the teams they played for believed in the front seven..Redskins never gave Taylor the front seven that those two other teams had.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I like this draft pick. Building the D Line. Pairing him with Jonathan Allen. We need all the help we can get to stop Barkley. Payne gets a few sacks you guys will be singing his praises in no time :) 

Depends how many seasons that takes. You said a FEW SACKS. I mean the guy only had THREE IN THREE seasons at AL. Just a horrifyingly bad pick all around. That TWO blue chippers were sitting there waiting for the Skins to do the right thing makes it even more disgusting.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Depends how many seasons that takes. You said a FEW SACKS. I mean the guy only had THREE IN THREE seasons at AL. Just a horrifyingly bad pick all around. That TWO blue chippers were sitting there waiting for the Skins to do the right thing makes it even more disgusting.

Stats don't mean ****..i proved it with the Murphy pick...how do you know that Payne didn't make everyone better on that Defense?

9 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Is he going to be an all down DL, or jogging off on every passing down.  All i wanted at 13 was an all down player, and hope he fits the bill. Are we expecting him at end in the 3-4, or at nose.  

I have a feeling he will be an all down player. He has a great burst, I think once he is pinning his ears back Payne will rush the QB very well from DT. 

3 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I get you’re crying right now and throwing a fit but he wouldn’t have made it past the Chargers. 

With James still on the board yeah he probably would have gotten past the Chargers. Even if he didn't make it to 27 it would have been damn nice knowing we have two 1sts in 2019 and another 4th this year.

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Two of those players reached there full potential because the teams they played for believed in the front seven..Redskins never gave Taylor the front seven that those two other teams had.

That's not the dimension I remember....

I remember a perennial top 3  pass defense, and top 5-10 overall defense xurinv his tenure. Defense wasn't that teams problem. Offense was. And it's hard to achieve your full potential when you die at 24, though that season, he was without a doubt the best safety in football.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley said about a week ago he heard their dream scenario is to come out of this draft with Payne and Guice.   If so they are half way there, would they dare trade up, especially before Philly?

Frankly I think Juice is going to drop to us without a trade and then we'll pick someone else.

Archived