Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Draft Day Thread

Wildbunny

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Team neglects the lines for years - complaints

Teams invests heavily via the draft in the lines - complaints 

:rofl89:

Not sure how you can't be a little excited about this after seeing what our defense was capable of at full strength vs. the Rams and Raiders. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley is funny to listen to tonight.  His gloves are off more than usual. He is really upset about the pick.  He is goofing about people losing jobs, wondering what Dan thinks, etc.

He who lives in a glass house...

Personally I don't like Cooley and rarely agree with anything he has to say.  And I definitely disagree with his take here.

Payne is going to be a good one.  He's better than Edmunds is right now and it wouldn't surprise me if he stays better than him in the long run because he's cleaner and better prepared for the league.

13 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Who gives a darn what Cooley thinks.

Folks act like what he says is gospel. He is a ****ing prick. I don't care what he thinks about anything. :chair:

wow, cooley is/was an awesome redskin, and this is the kind of fan response you get these days? good you dont care because you're missing some good back-and-forth between cooley and doc. btw, nice little kiddy emojis u like to post

Don't get me wrong I like Payne it just goes against my own rules to reach for players no matter the need. I have to assume we could have been able to identify the Saints as a trade partner if we had a better front office and made the deal that the Packers made. (Which also hits my second desire to always try to acquire future 1st round picks.)

2 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Ok. Do you like him more than James or Edmunds?

Yep.

James is a tone setter who can play deep centre but is better in the box. I think he will turn out to be have been a better College player than NFL player. Edmunds is a guy who has great athletic ability but what’s his NFL position? He’s a boom or bust type who might end up being a better athlete than player.

Payne for me has a chance to be a Pro Bowl type interior D’Line player who could be a better NFL player than he was in College. 

Just now, nonniey said:

Don't get me wrong I like Payne it just goes against my own rules to reach for players no matter the need. I have to assume we could have been able to identify the Saints as a trade partner if we had a better front office and made the deal that the Packers made.

He might not be the best individual talent, but he will make the biggest impact on this defense

Just now, Killer Rob said:

wow, cooley is/was an awesome redskin, and this is the kind of fan response you get these days? good you dont care because you're missing some good back-and-forth between cooley and doc. btw, nice little kiddy emojis u like to post

Cooley is an asshole. His opinion means nothing to me.

Sorry if you are a big fan, but I am not. The  profanity in my post wasn't directed at you, but at that worthless prick  Cooley.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh hell no

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little scared of what's under the rock with Guice.  I think you might be right that there are some psychological issues.  It would be perfectly natural given he had a pretty traumatic childhood.

I don't like holding that against him, and I think he's probably a sweet kid.  But that doesn't mean I trust him.

I'm actually kind of hoping that another team drafts him and takes the issue out of our hands.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He who lives in a glass house...

What glass house am I living it that relates to my comment?

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Personally I don't like Cooley and rarely agree with anything he has to say.  And I definitely disagree with his take here.

Ok that's pretty broad without giving an example.  He's been right versus the FO about just about every D lineman in FA that they brought in.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Payne is going to be a good one.  

Good I agree with.  Great, I doubt it.  But hope you are right. 

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Not sure what that proves. They picked one drill he did really well....and? His 3 cone and short shuttle were poor. Why not group him that way? What about grouping him with other interior DL by production? Because all of those put him at the bottom of the barrel.

Archived