Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Draft Day Thread

Wildbunny

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Nothing you could post will justify not trading down when the opportunity was there to do so.

Who says we got that offer? If we did I agree I would have taken it - but whatever we ended up with a really good player in a position of huge need.

1 minute ago, HoggLife said:

Funny how every year we say we need to draft the big uglies. Then get mad when we draft a safety or wr. In our division we needed Vea or Payne. I love that we have 3 Alabama defenders that were teammates. And we can say Bring The Payne everytime he stuffs the run and/or makes a sack.

And only one of them is going to end up being worth where he was drafted. Allen is a stud. Anderson was a reach and looked completely inconsequential, Payne is a huge reach and IMO will be a "decent" player but certainly not worth 13 overall. We reached for need and because of the school name on his jersey. 

Just now, MartinC said:

Who says we got that offer? If we did I agree I would have taken it - but whatever we ended up with a really good player in a position of huge need.

Edmunds is already gone.

If we had traded with the Saints, I doubt we would have gotten Payne at 27. Alabama defenders rarely fall because there aren't a lot of question marks.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You can tell Cooley doesnt want to dampen fans enthusiasm about the pick but its not hard to read that he thinks it was a bad pick.  He has gotten shots in about Payne and the lack of value of the pick. Sheehan just goes Cooley you are not happy.

Personally, I dont think the dude is going to be a bust. But IMO there were clear better talented players at that spot. I liked the depth too at DT in the next round. So not a fan of this pick. 

I don't think he'll be a bust because he's such a hard worker apparently. I just think he'll end up being extremely mediocre but of course I REALLY hope I'm 100% wrong.

Just now, mistertim said:

And only one of them is going to end up being worth where he was drafted. Allen is a stud. Anderson was a reach and looked completely inconsequential, Payne is a huge reach and IMO will be a "decent" player but certainly not worth 13 overall. We reached for need and because of the school name on his jersey. 

You don't know that..Payne is better than anyone on the DL not named Allen at this point..So it make the front seven better..

Finally we have guys to stop the run.  This pick will make Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith even better.   Ever think about this?  A healthy Montae will be able to rover CF now.  I am calling it now this will be Ryan Kerrigan's best year in the NFL

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Yeah, I have no idea what the 'skins were offered or not. Clearly, they were stretching things out to try to pull off a trade. If we go back to an article a few days ago that said people didn't like Bruce Allen and didn't trust him... maybe because of that he didn't receive many phone calls or maybe the offers he got calls for were all screw jobs?

Who knows? 

The only thing we know for sure is that the Redskins didn't think the offers being made were worth losing the opportunity to make the pick and get the player they want.

Archived