Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Draft Day Thread

Wildbunny

Before people start jumping off bridges here, below is the NFL draft guide summary on Payne.

Overview

Payne possesses one of the most impressive combinations of strength and athleticism that we've seen from an interior lineman. He will be the premier run-stuffer in this draft, but he may have enough in the pass rushing toolbox to project as a better pro than college pass rusher. Payne is a game-ready starter who immediately upgrades a defense's ability to slow the run. If teams view him as just a run-down player, then his draft value could fall a little, but he could become a Pro Bowl defender early in his career.

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Holy ****. You guys think our pick was suspect? The Saints gave up next year's first rounder to grab a mid level DE! 

Which is a big reason why we think our pick was suspect. We could have had those two first rounders.

Funny how every year we say we need to draft the big uglies. Then get mad when we draft a safety or wr. In our division we needed Vea or Payne. I love that we have 3 Alabama defenders that were teammates. And we can say Bring The Payne everytime he stuffs the run and/or makes a sack.

Just now, MartinC said:

Before people start jumping off bridges here, below us the NFL draft guide summary on Payne.

Overview

Payne possesses one of the most impressive combinations of strength and athleticism that we've seen from an interior lineman. He will be the premier run-stuffer in this draft, but he may have enough in the pass rushing toolbox to project as a better pro than college pass rusher. Payne is a game-ready starter who immediately upgrades a defense's ability to slow the run. If teams view him as just a run-down player, then his draft value could fall a little, but he could become a Pro Bowl defender early in his career.

Nothing you could post will justify not trading down when the opportunity was there to do so.

Just now, SamoaSkinz said:

I hope we get the Payne that played in the playoffs not the one during the season.

Well its done so Tomsula, fly him in tomorrow so you can start teaching him how to consistently beat double teams.

Tomsula and a high potential 20 year old should make 'skins fans happy.

The chance that Payne is a finished product is low. The chance Tomsula can make him realize his potenial that's what will tell the tale of this pick.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

So far, James is debatable. he hasn't been picked.

Because Bruce Allen is an idiot.  That’s why he’s not picked.  

Read my comment, the sky is not falling with this pick for me, but why pass on a freak for a first round pick.  

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Based on nothing but hype IMO. His game tape doesn't really show anything special and his production was laughably bad.

You can tell Cooley doesnt want to dampen fans enthusiasm about the pick but its not hard to read that he thinks it was a bad pick.  He has gotten shots in about Payne and the lack of value of the pick. Sheehan just goes Cooley you are not happy.

Personally, I dont think the dude is going to be a bust. But IMO there were clear better talented players at that spot. I liked the depth too at DT in the next round. So not a fan of this pick. 

We're not too good for the best NT prospect to come out in a while.  Kid was the heart of two of the best CFB defenses ever, and played a big role on a third.  He's a champion and our soft ass defense just got way tougher and better.

People who haven't seen him will trash him for lack of stats and meanwhile he'll spend his career playing on top five defenses.

Archived