Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Draft Day Thread

Wildbunny

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Okay folks how do we grade are first pick? he looks like he could wreak havoc.. welcome daron!!

Solid B, not worth freaking out about either way. We didn't make an irresponsible pick but didn't get great value either.

6 minutes ago, Killer Rob said:

cooley on the radio upset over the pick...i think he wanted james or to trade back

Who gives a darn what Cooley thinks.

Folks act like what he says is gospel. He is a ****ing prick. I don't care what he thinks about anything. :chair:

Big uglies win championships. 

Needed to shore up the run D. We now have a decent interior rotation with Allen, Payne and Ionnaidas. We’re one guy short of making it a stellar rotation. If Taylor pans out we’ll be MUCH improved against the run. 

Need ILB help and a RB still and I’ll feel much better about our run O/D.

We made a great pick and this fanbase will fall in love with the kid once they see him play.  He is a god damn rock.

It was a BPA pick too, not a reach.  Kid was the 8th best player in the class on Lance Zierlein's board, and I trust Zierlein more than almost any other draftnik in the business.  Derwin James was being overrated and Tremaine Edmunds, while very good, had some pretty significant question marks.  And he certainly wasn't as successful or impactful at the college level as Payne.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

People **** and moan for years that we don’t have a guy who can play 0/1 tech in base. We draft that guy (who can also play 3 tech in sub) - and people **** and moan. 

Straw man.The ****ing and moaning isn't because we drafted a guy who plays 0/1 tech, it's because some (or many) think he was an enormous reach for need and not at all worth a 13th overall pick.

Just now, KDawg said:

Big uglies win championships. 

Needed to shore up the run D. We now have a decent interior rotation with Allen, Payne and Ionnaidas. We’re one guy short of making it a stellar rotation. If Taylor pans out we’ll be MUCH improved against the run. 

Need ILB help and a RB still and I’ll feel much better about our run O/D.

I bet we see a much improved Ryan Anderson this year.  

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

People **** and moan for years that we don’t have a guy who can play 0/1 tech in base. We draft that guy (who can also play 3 tech in sub) - and people **** and moan. 

I mean really.i have been here since 2006 and every year it's we never draft DL,but now that we do they all cry about it

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

Finally we have guys to stop the run.  This pick will make Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith even better.   Ever think about this?  A healthy Montae will be able to rover CF now.  I am calling it now this will be Ryan Kerrigan's best year in the NFL

I just texted a friend, look for Brown and Foster to make a ****-ton of tackles.

The pick certainly isn't sexy, but fills a need.

Could we have traded down, and still drafted Payne? Possibly...but probably not - guess we'll see by the end of the first round whether that was in the cards.

For those of you complaining about a lack of highlights, here you go...

Just now, mistertim said:

Straw man.The ****ing and moaning isn't because we drafted a guy who plays 0/1 tech, it's because some (or many) think he was an enormous reach for need and not at all worth a 13th overall pick.

who thinks its a reach?  who is "these people"?

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Who  give a darn what Cooley thinks.

Folks act like what  he says is gospel. He is a ****ing prick. I don't care what he thinks about anything. :chair:

Have you ever listened to him going over the x's and o's? He knows his stuff. And he's usually right.

Not sure why folks seem to hate him so much. Sure he can be a bit impulsive in what he says, but as someone who also has ADHD, I get it. He has good intentions.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I just texted a friend, look for Brown and Foster to make a ****-ton of tackles.

seriously.  the lanes for the LBs will open up alot.  Ever think why the giants could plug and play trash for LBs when they had that sick d-line?

Defensive Line alone can win you a superbowl.  

6 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I mean really.i have been here since 2006 and every year it's we never draft DL,but now that we do they all cry about it

Yep it's kind of funny around here I think I've actually really really liked the last few pics especially with Jonathan Allen, especially b scherff and now Payne.. how can you be upset with this pick, it's apparent that we need to do something about stopping the Run especially with who the Giants picked..

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t like reaching for Payne but I do like him as a player, in a place where we desperately need it.  I’m not mad about it but with our luck James will go on to be a HOFer.

With our luck the Saints will go 0-16 and  the boards for every other team will somehow come out showing none of them were planning on taking Payne before pick 27.

Archived