Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be Starting RB in 2018??? (Public Poll)

Renegade7

Who' should be Starting RB in 2018???  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Starting RB in 2018???

• Trade for Le'Veon Bell
    • Draft RB in 1st Round
    • Draft RB in 2nd-7th Round
    • Sign Veteran FA
    • Sign UDFA
    • Trade for Veteran RB (Not Le'Veon Bell)
    • He's already on the Roster
    • IDK, but I know he's not on the Roster

6 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

If you're excited about Adrian Peterson, I point you to Shaun Alexander, Fast (until we signed him) Willie Parker etc.  Please I know there are Kool Aid drinkers who rely on the Skins for everything, but he is as has been. It is what it is. It's not 2008.

There's a difference between cautious optimism and glass empty, dreams crushed pessimism.  

16 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

lol, bet you're great at parties! All the joy inside. All the renewed hope..

One of the best parts of Billy Madison.

I'm being realistic, specifically on Adrian Peterson. He has not averaged 4 YPC in ages and is old. I'm not saying the season is done, or that we should book 5-11, but I think he is not going to change what will likely be a poor running game yet again.

I hope someone young and fresher is on waivers during the season that we can pick up.

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

There's a difference between cautious optimism and glass empty, dreams crushed pessimism.  

I'm only talking about Adrian Peterson, not the season. After the events of June 7, 2018, I'm no longer glass empty.

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

One of the best parts of Billy Madison.

I'm being realistic, specifically on Adrian Peterson. He has not averaged 4 YPC in ages and is old. I'm not saying the season is done, or that we should book 5-11, but I think he is not going to change what will likely be a poor running game yet again.

I hope someone young and fresher is on waivers during the season that we can pick up.

I'm only talking about Adrian Peterson, not the season. After the events of June 7, 2018, I'm no longer glass empty.

Well, to be fair, the last time he was healthy and started 16 games was only 2 years ago, and he had almost 1500 yards and a 4.5 ypc.

But, I would also bee looking for waiver wire cuts of teams that have a bunch of talent at RB, the Rams (Kelly) and Raider (Warren), for instance.

3 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

but I think he is not going to change what will likely be a poor running game yet again.

Ya, I was speaking to your direct comment on AP, have faith.

3 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

So who ends up with the most rushing yards this year?  Feel like with AP signing, everyone assumes that he's the guy. Personally, I like the signing, but still think barring injury Perine ends up being the workhorse this year. 

I agree with you. 

8 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

So who ends up with the most rushing yards this year?  Feel like with AP signing, everyone assumes that he's the guy. Personally, I like the signing, but still think barring injury Perine ends up being the workhorse this year. 

The medical staff, running on and off the field.

Perine has my vote, barring injury.

Extrapolation is suspect at best but if he'd been healthy all 12 games with the Cards, AP would have had around 1000 yards last year with about 900, probably more, coming while he ran behind a suspect OL and no other threat. His longest run from scrimmage was 27 yards. His 3.5 yards per attempt was actually better than the team overall. He missed opportunities to play us, the worst rushing defense.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's gotta be AP, thread can be closed now for all I care, we'd be insane to do otherwise.  Great discussion ya'll.

Well, there's still the possibility that Jay will do something ridiculous.

But as far as AP goes.  He did what he did today after just three days of practice.  The guy stays in shape.  He used this game to just knock the rust off, as he called it.

Well after one half of a preseason game AP looks to have firmly surpassed Kelley on the depth chart. 

I like Kelley but he's just awful, and slow. Peterson's speed and athletic ability are light years ahead, even if he is 100 years old.

Kelley really shouldn't be on the team. Everyone else on the roster is better than him.

Just now, Vanguard said:

Well, there's still the possibility that Jay will do something ridiculous.

But as far as AP goes.  He did what he did today after just three days of practice.  The guy stays in shape.

Arbitrary, lets be real, he makes mistakes, but he's not lead head stupid.  Dude had 50 yards in first half without even trying, does Kelly have 50 yards this entire preseason?

46 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's gotta be AP, thread can be closed now for all I care, we'd be insane to do otherwise.  Great discussion ya'll.

Not so fast. Fickle fans change minds in a flash.

One bad game in the regular season, and fans will be calling for someone else to take his spot.

This thread should go all year :)

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not so fast. Fickle fans change minds in a flash.

One bad game in the regular season, and fans will be calling for someone else to take his spot.

This thread should go all year :)

Better then three "Is AP Done?" threads I presume. Proceed.

As of now this is how I'd keep the backs:

Main back: Adrian Peterson

Back-up workhorse: Samaje Perine

3rd Down Back: Chris Thompson

Backup Third Down Back: Kapri Bibbs

Wildcard (if we keep 5 backs): Byron Marshall (can do a little workhorse back stuff and mostly a 3rd down guy)

2 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

If AD is healthy and not the primary back getting the heavy majority of carries on 1st and 2nd downs? Jay Gruden need to be fired right away. 

We know he doesn't have a problem making lineup changes, he had the stones to bench RG3 for Kirk.

2 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

If AD is healthy and not the primary back getting the heavy majority of carries on 1st and 2nd downs? Jay Gruden need to be fired right away. 

True.

His standing by Kelly is admirable on a personal level, but in coaching terms, being loyal to player to a fault can be very bad.

Kelly just doesn't seem to have it. Watching him run sometimes is like watching Robert Griffin avoid a pass rush. They both seem to run right towards the teeth of the defense. Like they don't know where to go.

I like Kelly personally, but Peterson seems to be a clear upgrade.

He needs to be the guy.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

True.

His standing by Kelly is admirable on a personal level, but in coaching terms, being loyal to player to a fault can be very bad.

Kelly just doesn't seem to have it. Watching him run sometimes is like watching Robert Griffin avoid a pass rush. They both seem to run right towards the teeth of the defense. Like they don't know where to go.

I like Kelly personally, but Peterson seems to be a clear upgrade.

He needs to be the guy.

Agreed. Some backs just have something special, and many do not. It's nothing personal against Kelley. As far as I'm concerned, he's a decent backup player that can grind some tough yards with good blocks ahead. He's just not more than that. 

Archived