Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be Starting RB in 2018??? (Public Poll)

Renegade7

Who' should be Starting RB in 2018???  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Starting RB in 2018???

• Trade for Le'Veon Bell
    • Draft RB in 1st Round
    • Draft RB in 2nd-7th Round
    • Sign Veteran FA
    • Sign UDFA
    • Trade for Veteran RB (Not Le'Veon Bell)
    • He's already on the Roster
    • IDK, but I know he's not on the Roster

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Saw somewhere 1 million but none of it guaranteed. 

yep

Peterson signed with Washington for one year and $1.05 million, which is the minimum for a player with his level of experience. Under NFL rules, a player making the veteran minimum costs just $630,000 against the salary cap.

27 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

OK, we get it, he’s old, this may not work, he may avg 1 yard per carry.....

But, holy ****, can we as fans at least “hope” he may help a little.  

The team is decimated by injury right now at the RB spot, what are they supposed to do??  Of course he may not pan out, of course he’s old, but they had to try something....

stop being so damn cynical and try cheering for the Redskins

The FO thought they had solved the RB issue, (and by the looks of a healthy Guice, they did) NO ONE assumed Guice would go down in preseason game 1.  Now we are left with old Vets to GAP stop the position.  Get used to it, here’s to our new shiny toy in 2019! 

Thanks for the lecture. But after 25 years of this I think I have every right to be cynical, that hardly means I"m not rooting for the team.

I'm not against this signing, given the other options it's a low risk move.  Just trying to explain how old RBs lose it quick, fast and in a hurry in most cases. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Thanks for the lecture. But after 25 years of this I think I have every right to be cynical, that hardly means I"m not rooting for the team.

I'm not against this signing, given the other options it's a low risk move.  Just trying to explain how old RBs lose it quick, fast and in a hurry in most cases. 

Your welcome.

yes, you have the right....you also have the right to change your attitude.  (Try it, you may enjoy the season more!)

Your opinion that RBs lose it quick, Trent Williams says you don’t.  I’m going with Trent on this one!  Let’s go AD!!!

I was just catching up to some radio segments.

Craig Hoffman thinks Perine might be the odd man out if Peterson makes the team.

Finlay mentioned Bryon Marshall might be out for the year.

A Vikings reporter said Adrian's weaknesses are pass protection and he fumbles a lot (forgot about the fumbling but yeah looked it up, he does fumble) but if he beat out Darkwa and Charles then Adrian must be in really good shape.

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just catching up to some radio segments.

Craig Hoffman thinks Perine might be the odd man out if Peterson makes the team.

Finlay mentioned Bryon Marshall might be out for the year.

A Vikings reporter said Adrian's weaknesses are pass protection and he fumbles a lot (forgot about the fumbling but yeah looked it up, he does fumble) but if he beat out Darkwa and Charles then Adrian must be in really good shape.

I don't know that he beat out Darkwa, as much as Darkwa wasn't willing to sign a 1 year deal.  Guice is the future, and Darkwa knows that... he's 26 so he's likely looking for a multi-year deal with a chance to start for the entirety of it.  He'd likely not get any of that here.  Charles on the other hand.... 

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I don't know that he beat out Darkwa, as much as Darkwa wasn't willing to sign a 1 year deal.  Guice is the future, and Darkwa knows that... he's 26 so he's likely looking for a multi-year deal with a chance to start for the entirety of it.  He'd likely not get any of that here.  Charles on the other hand.... 

Agree with part of this -- not sure about the Guice part.  According to multiple beat guys, Darkwa wanted to be assured he has a good shot to be the starter for this season  They told him that's unlikely or gave him no assurance that he has a good shot at that.   I doubt Darkwa's position involved any concern for 2019.  But yeah it sounds like they gave him the impression Kelley is the starter or if not him then someone else and Darkwa is fighting to be one of the rotational guys.  Personally, Darkwa was the guy I wanted as for who was left.  But i am cool with Peterson. 

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree with part of this -- not sure about the Guice part.  According to multiple beat guys, Darkwa wanted to be assured he has a good shot to be the starter for this season  They told him that's unlikely or gave him no assurance that he has a good shot at that.   I doubt Darkwa's position involved any concern for 2019.  But yeah it sounds like they gave him the impression Kelley is the starter or if not him then someone else and Darkwa is fighting to be one of the rotational guys.  Personally, Darkwa was the guy I wanted as for who was left.  But i am cool with Peterson. 

I'm with ya, Darkwa was my first choice too.. but if you dont mind me asking, why WOULDNT Darkwa at least have a bit of consideration beyond this year?  Yeah, the beat guys may be right and he DID want assurance for 2018, but I can't believe he'd be ok with ONLY have a shot to start this season... and for him to come in here and expect to supplant Guice with what we have invested in him would be... a little premature.   

3 hours ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Your welcome.

yes, you have the right....you also have the right to change your attitude.  (Try it, you may enjoy the season more!)

Your opinion that RBs lose it quick, Trent Williams says you don’t.  I’m going with Trent on this one!  Let’s go AD!!!

Have you heard players interviewed?  They describe every teammate as an All Pro, they have to.  I'm not saying Trent is wrong, I'd be happy to be the one who was wrong.  I'm just pointing out player comment mean very little. 

30 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I'd take 650 yards rushing, 200 yards receiving, 4 TDs as a fantastic return on the investment.

I'll one up you

He will be the starter

He will get 1k yards

He is back for one thing imho..

To get into the top 10 rb's in history.

That's enough motivation on it's own,  there is also the desire to finish his career on a strong note, then waiting 5yrs for the HOF.

I wouldn't bet the don't side on him..champions don't fail...

HTTR 

22 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

I'll one up you

He will be the starter

He will get 1k yards

He is back for one thing imho..

To get into the top 10 rb's in history.

That's enough motivation on it's own,  there is also the desire to finish his career on a strong note, then waiting 5yrs for the HOF.

I wouldn't bet the don't side on him..champions don't fail...

HTTR 

Like I'm gonna argue with THAT.  :)

I don't want to get too worked up about him. I'm tempering my expectations due to last year's performance.

6 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

I liked Darkwa as well but if he expected the job to be handed to him, then the FO made the right move. 

The FO should have told him he would be given a chance to compete, particularly if he plays well this year. Guice’s health in 2019 isn’t guaranteed. 

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Of course he signed for Vet Min.

He didn't come here for the money, he came here to get his ring. :)

No, he came here to get 37 yards and into the top ten list.

Can you imagine if he got them on his very first run, took off his helmet and said "that's it, I'm outta here". :)

5 hours ago, London Kev said:

No, he came here to get 37 yards and into the top ten list.

Can you imagine if he got them on his very first run, took off his helmet and said "that's it, I'm outta here". :)

If you believe the current rumor that is biting us, If Peterson does have a 30+ run, he'll get hurt. 3 guys on the team have done that, all 3 are now hurt.

So, if you take stock in that sort of thing, that is exactly what would happen.

:drooley:

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

If you're excited about Adrian Peterson, I point you to Shaun Alexander, Fast (until we signed him) Willie Parker etc.  Please I know there are Kool Aid drinkers who rely on the Skins for everything, but he is as has been. It is what it is. It's not 2008.

lol, bet you're great at parties! All the joy inside. All the renewed hope..

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Morneblade said:

If you believe the current rumor that is biting us, If Peterson does have a 30+ run, he'll get hurt. 3 guys on the team have done that, all 3 are now hurt.

So, if you take stock in that sort of thing, that is exactly what would happen.

:drooley:

Yeah, Jay really has to take that 30 yard run out of the playbook, it's killing us. :)

Archived