Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be Starting RB in 2018??? (Public Poll)

Renegade7

Who' should be Starting RB in 2018???  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Starting RB in 2018???

• Trade for Le'Veon Bell
    • Draft RB in 1st Round
    • Draft RB in 2nd-7th Round
    • Sign Veteran FA
    • Sign UDFA
    • Trade for Veteran RB (Not Le'Veon Bell)
    • He's already on the Roster
    • IDK, but I know he's not on the Roster

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Mediocre AP >>>> Fat Rob, all day, er day.

If anything, I bet our short yardage game will improve, maybe even redzone offense.  I don't expect him to be MVP breaking runs, that's what CT is for.

23 taken, too, he's literally never worn another number (looked at his college and highschool).  Said he'd workout, whatever to make the team, bet that includes wearing a number he's never worn before.

Either that or he pays someone. It's not like he doesn't have the money.

And I agree. Current AP>>>>>>>everyone on our roster not named Guise. (Not counting CT, injured, different role)

9 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Either that or he pays someone. It's not like he doesn't have the money.

My initial though, but I think only one he'd really pay for is 28 after looking if he wore any other number.  Dunbar has 23 now and he just got that, I don't see him offering or getting that one.

32 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

It's also likely that he's made a hell of a lot more money than any of us here have. I'm pretty sure, unless he just throws money away, he doesn't have to work ever again. If that's the case I'm not sure he just comes in for a paycheck. AP is very competitive. He's going to want to be the man, and bust his ass to be it. I don't see him coming in here to back up Kelly.

None of us know his financial situation, unless it's been publicized. NFL players going broke is actually very common. Becoming wealthy does not mean you stay wealthy. Also, none of us really know his humility level, because I don't think anyone here knows him personally. He might well be fine with a backup role.

There's also the ring factor. He's never won a ring. Maybe he sees something in this team, that convinces him there's a reasonable shot at getting that.

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

None of us know his financial situation, unless it's been publicized. NFL players going broke is actually very common. Becoming wealthy does not mean you stay wealthy. Also, none of us really know his humility level, because I don't think anyone here knows him personally. He might well be fine with a backup role.

There's also the ring factor. He's never won a ring. Maybe he sees something in this team, that convinces him there's a reasonable shot at getting that.

Money is not a issue." Adrian Peterson’s Net Worth as of 2018: $30 Million – $40 Million"

https://coed.com/2017/03/16/adrian-peterson-net-worth-how-much-is-peterson-worth-makes-salary-money/

As for the rest, he wants to compete. Another poster said the issue in N.O. is that he wasn't given a real shot. So, I think he wants to come in and compete. And if it's on the up and up, I don't see any way he looses to Rob Kelley. So I think he'd be the starter. If not, he might feel he wasn't given a honest shot.

That being said, if the Patriots called, I think he would be there in a heartbeat. 

I'm sure that any vet RB that would get a contract would have indulged in the dialogue that they would have the opportunity to earn a starting role.  Imagine the conversation and it probably goes something like 'as you know we've had some injuries'...'our RB position is unsettled'....'we'd like to offer you a workout and the sky is the limit this year'.  Anyone of those guys that are being brought in and perform in the workout, then get a contract will have been graded as the most likely performer to compete for a role without any limitations. 

I'd also add that logically if all three of these guys are coming in for a workout then they'd be viewing the Skins as a good opportunity.  That includes AP.  If he is coming in, then he's viewing the Skins as a chance to accomplish whatever his intentions are. 

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

I'm sure that any vet RB that would get a contract would have indulged in the dialogue that they would have the opportunity to earn a starting role.  Imagine the conversation and it probably goes something like 'as you know we've had some injuries'...'our RB position is unsettled'....'we'd like to offer you a workout and the sky is the limit this year'.  Anyone of those guys that are being brought in and perform in the workout, then get a contract will have been graded as the most likely performer to compete for a role without any limitations. 

Yes, but..................................................

Jay has a blind eye for Kelley. He loves him, and no one seems to understand why. I mean, he's putting up 2.3 yards a carry, has questionable vision, and doesn look like he has the power he did when he was "Fat Rob". He just kinda sucks right now, but he's the starter. Gruden has even said that out of the guys they have looked at,"they are not looking for someone to compete as a starter. Rob Kelley is our starter." And as far as i'm concerned, Rob Kelley should not be our starter.

25 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Gruden has even said that out of the guys they have looked at,"they are not looking for someone to compete as a starter. Rob Kelley is our starter."

Where did you hear him say that?  I didn't hear that?

I just listened to the Press Conference where you probably got that from but Jay didn't say and hasn't said that Kelly is their starter.  When asked more specifically about what they were looking for with bringing in these veteran guys he said that 'we're not looking for a starter, we have Kelly, Thompson, Bibbs..."  went on to say he didn't think Perine was going to be out long and if they had another guy go down then they'd need to bring someone in who could play vs Arizona.  He's not out right named Kelly the starter.  That's kind of important.  He clearly has said that the RB position is unsettled.  

Quite frankly, the more I think about it, I'm gonna be pissed if tomorrow passes and AP isn't a Redskin.

Not that I think we're getting 2010 AP or something, he's old and there's a lot of mileage on him but I like his chances better than anything we have to offer right now.  

I've made it to the bathroom faster at a Taco Bell than Kelley can hit the line.  Perine fumbles way too often (I know Peterson does too, shut up) and I don't see him having the vision or anything to offset that.  I can't take anyone named Kapri seriously unless she's a stripper. 

I like AP's chances to turn back time and have one more glorious season rather than having Kelley, Perine and Bibbs do anything significant.  I'll take that gamble any day over the other three.  We can't roll into a season expecting to win with this current crop.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If you listen to Jay's presser today he made it clear he's not looking for a RB to come in and start, not sure who would sign here under those conditions.

He was answering a question about what he's looking for with bringing in these high profile veterans and responded with the comment 

24 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

I just listened to the Press Conference where you probably got that from but Jay didn't say and hasn't said that Kelly is their starter.  When asked more specifically about what they were looking for with bringing in these veteran guys he said that 'we're not looking for a starter, we have Kelly, Thompson, Bibbs..."  went on to say he didn't think Perine was going to be out long and if they had another guy go down then they'd need to bring someone in who could play vs Arizona.  He's not out right named Kelly the starter.  That's kind of important.  He clearly has said that the RB position is unsettled.  

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Quite frankly, the more I think about it, I'm gonna be pissed if tomorrow passes and AP isn't a Redskin.

Not that I think we're getting 2010 AP or something, he's old and there's a lot of mileage on him but I like his chances better than anything we have to offer right now.  

I've made it to the bathroom faster at a Taco Bell than Kelley can hit the line.  Perine fumbles way too often (I know Peterson does too, shut up) and I don't see him having the vision or anything to offset that.  I can't take anyone named Kapri seriously unless she's a stripper. 

I like AP's chances to turn back time and have one more glorious season rather than having Kelley, Perine and Bibbs do anything significant.  I'll take that gamble any day over the other three.  We can't roll into a season expecting to win with this current crop.

You, sir, are hilarious! The Taco Bell line had me :rofl89:

I think he has to dance around the presser and be careful because it's a fine line between the current situation and possibly going back on what you've said prior to player on the roster.  You don't want to come out and say something to discourage anyone or be viewed as a liar.  The fact is that RB is a contested position on the roster right now and there's nobody who has come in and taken the position that they hoped Guice would excel at.  They've absolutely not anointed Kelly the starter.  They also have to be careful because they're one injury away from being screwed in Week 1... I get what they're doing.  Now if you're JC or AP then behind closed doors they're likely telling them that the position is unsettled and if they sign them that they'll be able to come in and compete.  That's a bit of a dance the coach has to do in these instances. Really he's saying nothing to the media except acknowledging the fact that they are brining all of them in for due diligence.  Which means which indicates no intentions.  They'll reserve that for whenever they want to reveal it. 

With AP having last played for Arizona, it would make sense that the likelihood of them signing him after a workout, specifically because that's their week 1 opponent and Marshal can be placed on the PUP with the injury timeline...I'd put money on AP signing after a workout.  $.02 

11 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

I think he has to dance around the presser and be careful because it's a fine line between the current situation and possibly going back on what you've said prior to player on the roster.  You don't want to come out and say something to discourage anyone or be viewed as a liar.  The fact is that RB is a contested position on the roster right now and there's nobody who has come in and taken the position that they hoped Guice would excel at.  They've absolutely not anointed Kelly the starter.  They also have to be careful because they're one injury away from being screwed in Week 1... I get what they're doing.  Now if you're JC or AP then behind closed doors they're likely telling them that the position is unsettled and if they sign them that they'll be able to come in and compete.  That's a bit of a dance the coach has to do in these instances. Really he's saying nothing to the media except acknowledging the fact that they are brining all of them in for due diligence.  Which means which indicates no intentions.  They'll reserve that for whenever they want to reveal it. 

With AP having last played for Arizona, it would make sense that the likelihood of them signing him after a workout, specifically because that's their week 1 opponent and Marshal can be placed on the PUP with the injury timeline...I'd put money on AP signing after a workout.  $.02 

"I’d say we’re covering our bases right now. We’re not looking for a starter right now. We’ve got Rob [Kelley] in-house, obviously Chris Thompson, Kapri Bibbs has done a good job, Samaje [Perine] I don’t think is going to be very long at all. You know, so we’ve got four [running] backs right there. It’s a matter of if we were to have another injury and we’d have to cover our bases, we could bring one of those guys in after the third preseason game and get them ready for Arizona."

I know you already kinda addressed this, but what he said is still a issue. The part in bold, if he's saying something else behind closed doors to the guys coming in, he doesn't need to say that. He can just say, something along the lines of "We had some injuries, and we're bringing some guys in here that have done some things in the NFL, and we're looking for competition."

That makes everyone happy. Makes the guys coming in happy, the guys on the team already that are already competing happy, and it makes the beat guys and the fans happy because he's doing something about the ****ty RB situation we have.

47 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Spiff spitting hot fire. :rofl89:

There's no way we can look at what we have right now and expect even an average running game, I'm trying to be nice here, but were going to suck at the running the ball again unless we sign someone else.  If AP so much as look like he did in Arizona its worth it.

Jay Gruden is lying to the media and not to the players.  Basically nobody knows wtf is going on.  Half the truth is a lie and that's the HC's job to do exactly that with the media and thread the needle with the league.  How do you get AP in for a workout???  They'd have to say enough of the right things to even get him to come in. If you're AP, you're not coming in here to fill in for the last 2 preseason games. If he does come in for a workout, then he's been told something more than what Gruden has said in his presser.  

Just now, Bigmuss1 said:

Sorry if this was answered before, but what is the realistic timeline on Chris Thompson?  Has the team put out an official report? 

Thanks!

CT said that he still has pain and isn't 100%.  I think they are trying to get him to 100% before week 1.  Interviews with CT have been positive but always along the lines of he's working his way back.  They're dancing around that one with the same line every week.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kelley's lack of athleticism isn't even IMO his major problem, its part of the equation.  It's IMO his vision.  Lets look at this one, look at all the space if he ran to the outside.

Yep exactly.  Even RBs that lack the athleticism to make them elite can still be very productive if they good field vision.  Alfred Morris was that kind of guy.  He wasn't fast or quick, but he always found the cutback lane which got him lots of yards that he could never have ran for if he was being relied upon to hit a hole fast and burst into the secondary.

I was at the Rams game you referenced and it was apparent pretty quick that Kelley was running into defenders when there were clear lanes to run through.  Seeing Thompson run for a TD later in the game only solidified it. 

13 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

"I’d say we’re covering our bases right now. We’re not looking for a starter right now. We’ve got Rob [Kelley] in-house, obviously Chris Thompson, Kapri Bibbs has done a good job, Samaje [Perine] I don’t think is going to be very long at all. You know, so we’ve got four [running] backs right there. It’s a matter of if we were to have another injury and we’d have to cover our bases, we could bring one of those guys in after the third preseason game and get them ready for Arizona."

Yeah he hasn't named a starter.  Just doing the big song and dance right now.  

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Money is not a issue." Adrian Peterson’s Net Worth as of 2018: $30 Million – $40 Million"

https://coed.com/2017/03/16/adrian-peterson-net-worth-how-much-is-peterson-worth-makes-salary-money/

As for the rest, he wants to compete. Another poster said the issue in N.O. is that he wasn't given a real shot. So, I think he wants to come in and compete. And if it's on the up and up, I don't see any way he looses to Rob Kelley. So I think he'd be the starter. If not, he might feel he wasn't given a honest shot.

That being said, if the Patriots called, I think he would be there in a heartbeat. 

Adrian Peterson hits the hole faster and runs harder than any running back we have that can play!

Archived